Character Questions

Shambala

I've been dying to get into PF2 and saw this ad, and looking through my character sheets I seem to have a nearly-fully-built Ysoki (Ratfolk) Bomber Alchemist with the Undertaker background. I'll have to design (or copy) a decent-looking template for the application, but I wanted to check and see if this build is kosher for the campaign. Here's a link to the character sheet

Something to remember about this Adventure Path is the players are, essentially, law enforcement.  All joking aside about real life issues, you'll want to make sure you've got non lethal options for taking folks down, and we want to minimize collateral damage.

Good point. HERE is a link to all the official PF2 nonlethal options. Those without access to Martial weapons (like my Alchemist) should be advised that there are only 4 legal options, not counting fists: the Juggling Club, the Nightstick, the Poi, and the Blowgun.

I'm thinking about the Blowgun, it honestly sucks but as an Alchemist maybe I can finagle some more utility out of it. The Nightstick and the Poi are probably the best of the four, but it's a pretty narrow range. Unfortunately a Sap is a Martial weapon, although if you have Martial proficiency the Whip is a solid choice.

EDIT: there is apparently a Water Bomb, but there is no way I'm wasting a formula on that.

Edited by The Foiler (see edit history)

Is it easy to die in Pathfinder 2e?  Or can we just bludgeon them to almost death and have the medic do first aid to get them not dead enough to make it to the station?

I mean, at worst, I think you can make a non lethal attack with any weapon, just take -2.  

I'll probably give my character something less lethal, but I wouldn't stress out about it too much.

36 minutes ago, Inash said:

According to the player's guide, for this adventure path, players can make non-lethal attacks with any weapon with no penalty.

Sure. Strikes can be made with the flat of a sword, arrows to the knee, etc…you just need to let me know it’s meant to be non-fatal when you post the attack. 

20 minutes ago, Tachu said:

I submitted a sheet. Could you please tell me if everything is ok or if you want me to do a separate post in the thread please?

Please add your weapon attacks under strikes

4 hours ago, Inash said:

According to the player's guide, for this adventure path, players can make non-lethal attacks with any weapon with no penalty.

Actually, the player's guide goes a step further than that even...

Quote from Player's Guide

First, as city guards, your party’s player characters are all assumed to be trained in nonlethal conflict resolution. This means that, during combat encounters, your character is always dealing nonlethal damage; you are never allowed to deal lethal damage. You take no penalty to attack rolls for dealing nonlethal damage, and all types of damage you deal (whether from weapon attacks, spells, or even poisons) are nonlethal unless you're attacking a creature immune to nonlethal  damage. You gain no bonuses or added benefits for making attacks using weapons with the nonlethal weapon trait. As usual for nonlethal damage, when you reduce a creature to 0 Hit Points using nonlethal damage, the creature falls unconscious instead of dying.

So you don't even have to worry about it. It just happens. Every point of damage you deal, regardless of source, is nonlethal.

The quote even includes... "you are never allowed to deal lethal damage."

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

48 minutes ago, KingGoblin said:

Heh.  I'ma send a non-lethal crossbow bolt into someone's eye.

Yeah, we all jest. But in this AP... that's a valid statement, lol. Which makes the whole thing sort of amusing. Technically though, damage has always been abstracted, for this AP its simply a bit more so. I mean, a bullet from a sling to the body doing 4 points of damage and an arrow doing the same piercing damage would have drastically different wound types / effects in real life but in the game, nah. 😉

ร—
ร—