Character Questions

Shambala

Thanks for the invite, I'm really looking forward to this one. Sorry I didn't get a chance to finish typing up my backstory (which I will do tonight), but given the nature of the party as city watch-types and my Undertaker background, I'm going with Jushin Ages being a local with a knack for alchemy and a strong sense of morbid curiosity who functions as the coroner as well as a patrolman.

All good, thanks for the mention so that I know that Jake did not make the cut this time. Cutting people is hard but the other people did have really cool applications. 

Enjoy the game everyone!!! 😀

On 3/5/2023 at 7:47 AM, Zen Gypsy said:

Are you, by any chance, using any of the Gamemaster Guide optional creation rules, like Free Archetype, Gradual Ability Boost, or Automatic Bonus Progression?  Just curious, then I can start to work on my submission.

I hadn't realized this and my default setting in pathbuilder has all three of those plus the Ancestry Paragon Rules. So I just fixed those in the sheet and need to tweak the posted sheet to match. 😊

To be fair that only strips one ancestry feat off of the character. Which was disappointing of course but not a huge change. The impact won't really be seen until leveling up. Without the free AT you end up having to spend class resources to try and be more diverse. *shrug*

If you're interested in checking out any of this stuff...

Archives of Nethys: Chapter 4 Variant Rules

Free Archetype : More flexibility / variation; more class variety without sacrificing your primary class pick.
Gradual Ability Boost : Spreads out your stat increases instead of all happening in bumps at 5, 10, 15, and 20. More gradual ramp up.
Automatic Bonus Progression : Removes the need for magic item bonuses to scale the numbers of the game. This let's you have more unique magic items without using them for the typical item bonuses to rolls. This is similar in many ways to having a vow of poverty in effect for the world. 😉 
Ancestry Paragon : More flexibility / variation from your heritage and ancestry; more impact on the character.

Each tweak / modification is detailed on that page with any possible impact to game play / balance. Also, due to Paizo's licensing model all of their information is legally posted there for reference if you don't have a source book and want to check something out. 😄

Edit 2: All of the game mastery rules are actually there so you can always skim those and use those as a reference, generally speaking of course. 

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)