Assigned Downtime

wrathgon

So i will post any assigned downtime by Captain to crew here. If you want to spend other time please post here with when your doing this( a ref to post were what the group is doing and shows you can step away.

As for the NPCs ask you're paying them any of you can assign them to work on things and they will use any of their downtime on it. So post here if want NPC to work on one of the topics and work till completed or give the number of hours.

If you each rather take on a specific NPC to assign downtime we can do that too. Speak about this in Downtime OOC thread.

as am sure not all downtime has been used please use 3 days of time for all crew members. 

Captain has given 1 month to get him a Alien if any crew is not needed in this mission please post in OOC requesting downtown from OX

• 2 weeks later...

I posted in the old thread:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=405979

Post-Master Downtime Priorities (in order):
- Recover files - Take 10 if able/successful, will roll thereafter if Taking 10 is insufficient.
- Analysis of ship systems for aiding in possible engine repairs/modifications (using recovered files of/as able)
- Finish copying ship database
- Upgrade Personal VR Programs Take 20

Not sure what Enoch completed?

• 3 weeks later...

Assigned Down Time ,Kartesh will spend three days working on Cantrips (as the Captain gave him that time frame to be able to start understanding how to read them.)

Presumably this means after that time, i can start picking my x cantrips,that will be my base starting cantrips after spending the time to learn the spell.

I would have to learn the other class skills effectively then to still be able to cast them. within the next three years or less with a time tent.and hope i reduce it by a year...

or get funding to be able to join the mage guild to cheapen the ability to do the above.

Enoch willl:

Update his VR programs (Taking 20). - Unsure how much time this would take, as he technically has "Free Action" Computer Use.

POSSIBLE: Time-Tent To Tech Up (Enoch can half the normal time) - 4 days for TL 8.

In the in-between little downtime while his VR code is compiling, etc, he will play the market (buy low sell high).

Sets up a search algorithm to continue to track Incantation information.

Run a monitoring program to track information related to the human creator race - human origins, etc.

Set up a program to source (sorting price points and other metrics) for the purchases he's interested (see character thread).

Update his VR programs (Taking 20). - Unsure how much time this would take, as he technically has "Free Action" Computer Use. updating to what?

POSSIBLE: Time-Tent To Tech Up (Enoch can half the normal time) -  Do you have 4 days of Tent access?

Market: You have to enter the station to trade and be on the station for std 24 hours

Make a search check  track Incantation using a program skill level ( how long does it take you to create a search program?)

Run a monitoring program to track information related to the human creator race - human origins, etc. Again time it takes to create such a program to be used.

Set up a program to source (sorting price points and other metrics) for the purchases he's interested (see character thread). THe net is impossible to use for finding things there are so many ads and noise that your program cannot cut through it all to find actually legit shops. three times your program is eaten by black ice that looked like an ad. 

Under D20 Modern rules it only takes an hour to write a program.

and requires a DC 20 Computer Use check.

With his skill it would be easy to do...If he takes 10. which still only  a round or a minute.

But taking 20 takes 20 x as long.

But they only grant +2 to whatever your are trying to do with that program..

I made one earlier on making a book compiler program of all the Capt's Library.. to give me a +2 on Search (Library) or Computer Use or Research.

Either of those...

As for the Time Tent,as far as the Station one (Didn't we all get a use of one! Which Kartesh still hasn't used but will soon).

But i know we purchased one,but each time we use it,is there a risk of it breaking and causing harm to the person..

I also don't know if the crew has put any use limitation on it, to try and be fair with it's usage.

hell even if we do each have a use.. then perhaps i can also use it once for my final year of Wizard training.

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)

On 4/19/2023 at 11:24 PM, wrathgon said:

Update his VR programs (Taking 20). - Unsure how much time this would take, as he technically has "Free Action" Computer Use. updating to what?

POSSIBLE: Time-Tent To Tech Up (Enoch can half the normal time) -  Do you have 4 days of Tent access?

Market: You have to enter the station to trade and be on the station for std 24 hours

Make a search check  track Incantation using a program skill level ( how long does it take you to create a search program?)

Run a monitoring program to track information related to the human creator race - human origins, etc. Again time it takes to create such a program to be used.

Set up a program to source (sorting price points and other metrics) for the purchases he's interested (see character thread). THe net is impossible to use for finding things there are so many ads and noise that your program cannot cut through it all to find actually legit shops. three times your program is eaten by black ice that looked like an ad. 

Enoch Took 10 on his initial VR programs, with the extra time, he wants to increase their stats/powers/etc via Taking 20.  A matter of personal and ship security.

Enoch has 1 free day and money (need reminder on how much it costs per day).

Full Round Action is default for Computer Use checks with DM discretion about more/less.  Reserach is 1d4 hours.  His Neural Link reduces all Computer Use and Research this to a Free Action RAW.

Edited by evedgebah (see edit history)