Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Headings Not Consistently Auto-formatting

SerakHawk

When I was making my rules reference page I was getting a bunch of errors where the Headers wouldn't properly format to what the default formatting was for the Headers. 

(I'm also not too much a fan of the line spacing above the font but I literally don't know how to fix that with Headers - I can fix after spacing but then the follow up text is still a header. Even Header 6 has a massive spacing above and below)

Selecting the heading first then typing:

Heading 1

Heading 2

Heading 3

Heading 4

Heading 5
Heading 6

This mostly occurred when I was making a section of Text Headings after they had already been typed and not hitting the heading button first. I think its related to font size overrides - which seem to be working in this small post but I had a lot of issues in the longer page of headings not returning to the default size when I reset the font size.

Heading 1

Heading 2

Heading 3

Heading 4

Heading 5
Heading 6

Example from the beginning of that Page I made. This text (1.1 Playing Empire) from the editor says that its default font / size and heading 3, when I switch it to heading 2 the spacing changes but the font does not. Switching it back to heading three doesn't change the font size. 

Looking at the source it says the font-size should be 15px.

<h3 id="1+1++Playing+Empire+" name="1+1++Playing+Empire+" style="font-size: 15px;">
	<strong>1.1. Playing Empire:</strong>
</h3>

But I can't reset that in the editor. I have to delete it in the source or hit remove formatting for it to properly update to the header settings.

Changing the font size to any size and back to default doesn't fix it, it will change size but has some kind of lockout overriding the headers.

I'm not sure what caused the error where it locked in a font size, maybe this isn't really a bug but something people need to be aware of to remove formatting more often?

Not sure.

heading2.png

Heading3.png

Given the headers you're showing have id and name attributes, I strongly suspect the font-size thing is related to the TOC editor plugin. If you're curious what is driving a particular behavior, you can use the browser Inspect function to show all of the CSS rules that apply to the item.

Will look at, but very low priority.

• 2 weeks later...

After reviewing, once you have set a specific font size using the Size selector, that will persist and override any CSS-implied font size for the element. I also confirmed there is no way to remove it other than via source mode. The only alternative would be to forcibly remove all styles when changing something to a header, but that would probably have undesirable consequences in some cases (e.g., removing color). Therefore, I'm going to leave this as is and put it into the queue to be considered for the user guide.