Hi, I'm actually brand new to this system and only have a limited knowledge of the setting (mostly what I can little remember from the Champions Online MMO when I played like a decade ago); so I could use a little help making my character. I, however, do have a fair bit of experience with Mutants and Masterminds. Not exactly sure how many concepts are applicable from that system though.

I think I've got a general thrust of a character though. I'm mostly thinking of an alien character w/ psionic/cosmically aligned powers. But I could possibly turn into more of a gadgeteer type character if that psionic role is already filled, but really feel like doubling up on concepts if I can help it. So here's what I got...

From the Chronicles of Xenoa

Xenoa has been called many things. An Adventurer. A Thrill-Seeker. A Tomb Raider. A Thief. A Shameless Celebrant. A Lovable Rogue. A Seductive Harlot. An Addict. A Researcher. A Scholar. A Mad-Woman. A Nuisance. She's all of these, and so much more.

Born on Malva, Xenoa was always more restless than most other Malvans; never content to simply lounge around in the decadent manner of her people. She still maintains the ancient spark of her ancestors; one that compels her to go out and do, to learn new things, and to achieve. To her, things are best done hands-on whenever possible, rather than through some vid or book. Though she often gets a little... too hands-on.

But her people were just so stuffy... So needlessly idle; while she, on the other hand, was eternally restless. Unfocused, they called her, a buzz kill. They claimed she just needed to find a hobby. But there was so much to out there to see, to do, to feel, to learn, just beyond her world. Things that may never come again. Why be content to view some trinket from another culture, when you could go there? Why have some relic of a dead civilization brought to you when you could go dig it up yourself? Why have battles reenacted in the arena when you could go be part of them. Why read about Space Pirates when you could join them? ...or better yet, be the one to stop them?

Adventure was to be had, all she need do was leave. So, decades ago, she gathered what she felt she'd need and did just that. While her people watch the universe pass them by, she's busy living in it. She's gone pirate hunting with the Star Guard, plundered ruins on the third moon of Ubyke, partied in the nightclubs on the ecumenopolis of Hinus, left hundreds of jilted lovers on just as many worlds, and a thousand other things. Oh the things she's seen and done, the tales she could tell. But above all, she studied the peoples of the places she's visited; their customs, beliefs, technology and values. Something of an inter-galactic anthropologist, she knows that cultures never stand still, that the best she can do is portray a moment in time, and by joining in with their highs and low she can gain a greater understanding; filtered through her own superior understanding of course.

(Might change/tinker this part as I build the character mechanically) Everything was going great until she entered the Sol system. Just as she came out of FTL near Terra's gravity well, her small ship inexplicably malfunctioned; sending her careening off course. It was all she could do to set the ship into a crash-landing in the bay near Freedom City, as the drives all failed simultaneously... including the multiple, redundant, back-ups! Clearly there weren't ENOUGH back-up systems... or maybe she should've returned for maintenance back on Malva sooner, it was an older model ship after all. She wasn't entirely sure.

Still, she did manage to engage the stealth and security systems before using the emergency teleport. Sure it would make finding her ship once again more difficult, but they should keep anyone from this primitive world out. And with any luck, she managed to engage them before any of the locals noticed her crashing ship... right? ...Right? Eh, it'll be alright for now. Besides, this world was her next destination anyway (she'd heard these primitives had good food, great music, and a myriad of cultures and history that mirrored her own people's in their distant past).

As she re-materialized, the first thing she noticed was a great many eyes all staring at her. It looked as though she'd teleported right into the middle of a crowded boardwalk food court of some kind, and was now standing in someone's lunch; as her still very visible and on fire ship crashed into the waves behind her. Well... that was unintended... was all she has time to think before a wave of water smashed into her back.

If this character doesn't work in any way, I do have a considerably less developed back-up idea. An alien form-changing, cybernetic life form made of living metal... essentially a Transformer.

There will be help, mate!  Some concepts in character creation are similar to M&M (or M&M is similar to Champions... Champs was on 5th edition when M&M came out)

For example, power modifiers.  If you have a 2pp/rank power and add a +1/rank power modifier, it increases the 2pp/rank power's cost to 3pp/rank.  That is much more simple math than Champions uses.  I tried to give a better description of power building in this post but I also can ramble and possibly made it more difficult to understand than it is.

The good news is that once character creation is done, the game plays pretty smoothly.  The characters are just very detailed with the ability to really tweak your powers and abilities in more ways that even M&M allows.

On 3/28/2023 at 10:59 AM, karsusthemad said:

Hi, I'm actually brand new to this system and only have a limited knowledge of the setting (mostly what I can little remember from the Champions Online MMO when I played like a decade ago); so I could use a little help making my character. I, however, do have a fair bit of experience with Mutants and Masterminds. Not exactly sure how many concepts are applicable from that system though.

I think I've got a general thrust of a character though. I'm mostly thinking of an alien character w/ psionic/cosmically aligned powers. But I could possibly turn into more of a gadgeteer type character if that psionic role is already filled, but really feel like doubling up on concepts if I can help it. So here's what I got...

From the Chronicles of Xenoa

Xenoa has been called many things. An Adventurer. A Thrill-Seeker. A Tomb Raider. A Thief. A Shameless Celebrant. A Lovable Rogue. A Seductive Harlot. An Addict. A Researcher. A Scholar. A Mad-Woman. A Nuisance. She's all of these, and so much more.

Born on Malva, Xenoa was always more restless than most other Malvans; never content to simply lounge around in the decadent manner of her people. She still maintains the ancient spark of her ancestors; one that compels her to go out and do, to learn new things, and to achieve. To her, things are best done hands-on whenever possible, rather than through some vid or book. Though she often gets a little... too hands-on.

But her people were just so stuffy... So needlessly idle; while she, on the other hand, was eternally restless. Unfocused, they called her, a buzz kill. They claimed she just needed to find a hobby. But there was so much to out there to see, to do, to feel, to learn, just beyond her world. Things that may never come again. Why be content to view some trinket from another culture, when you could go there? Why have some relic of a dead civilization brought to you when you could go dig it up yourself? Why have battles reenacted in the arena when you could go be part of them. Why read about Space Pirates when you could join them? ...or better yet, be the one to stop them?

Adventure was to be had, all she need do was leave. So, decades ago, she gathered what she felt she'd need and did just that. While her people watch the universe pass them by, she's busy living in it. She's gone pirate hunting with the Star Guard, plundered ruins on the third moon of Ubyke, partied in the nightclubs on the ecumenopolis of Hinus, left hundreds of jilted lovers on just as many worlds, and a thousand other things. Oh the things she's seen and done, the tales she could tell. But above all, she studied the peoples of the places she's visited; their customs, beliefs, technology and values. Something of an inter-galactic anthropologist, she knows that cultures never stand still, that the best she can do is portray a moment in time, and by joining in with their highs and low she can gain a greater understanding; filtered through her own superior understanding of course.

(Might change/tinker this part as I build the character mechanically) Everything was going great until she entered the Sol system. Just as she came out of FTL near Terra's gravity well, her small ship inexplicably malfunctioned; sending her careening off course. It was all she could do to set the ship into a crash-landing in the bay near Freedom City, as the drives all failed simultaneously... including the multiple, redundant, back-ups! Clearly there weren't ENOUGH back-up systems... or maybe she should've returned for maintenance back on Malva sooner, it was an older model ship after all. She wasn't entirely sure.

Still, she did manage to engage the stealth and security systems before using the emergency teleport. Sure it would make finding her ship once again more difficult, but they should keep anyone from this primitive world out. And with any luck, she managed to engage them before any of the locals noticed her crashing ship... right? ...Right? Eh, it'll be alright for now. Besides, this world was her next destination anyway (she'd heard these primitives had good food, great music, and a myriad of cultures and history that mirrored her own people's in their distant past).

As she re-materialized, the first thing she noticed was a great many eyes all staring at her. It looked as though she'd teleported right into the middle of a crowded boardwalk food court of some kind, and was now standing in someone's lunch; as her still very visible and on fire ship crashed into the waves behind her. Well... that was unintended... was all she has time to think before a wave of water smashed into her back.

If this character doesn't work in any way, I do have a considerably less developed back-up idea. An alien form-changing, cybernetic life form made of living metal... essentially a Transformer.

Xenoa seems more adventurer than superhero as well as very immature. How about the second option?

To be fair, a lot of superhero profiles and wiki entries also list them as adventures in addition to being heroes (such as the Fantastic Four, Guardians of the Galaxy, or several X-Men IIRC). And as for the character being "immature", yeah...  a little, but that's more to represent them coming from a very different society than earth's; not to mention a great many heroes start out "immature" and grow into the responsibility, heck some never fully grow out of their immaturity (looks at Spider-man and the Human Torch). My intent was sort of a Starfire like character personality-wise, since the come from a very advanced and decadent society; some of their morals would be different than those of Earth, especially when it comes to relationships, but a lot of the big stuff would be about the same, like when it comes to theft or murder. I'd try to have them grow as a person as the game progressed, since they were already on a different path than the majority of their race. But it's your game, and if you don't feel it works, then I can work with that.

My other idea is, like I said, essentially a Transformer. Don't have a name yet for them. But here's what I got...

Warpstar

Long, long ago a zealous and xenophobic alien race created the original Creation Forges; and from the forges can the first Besis. Designed to be highly adaptable, self-repairing, autonomous robots, these machines were intended to help bring order to their world; to safeguard their people; to cleanse the filth in the name of justice and glory should war ever break out. The Besis's creators hoped that the threat of them would ensure peace, that the machines would never need be used, mutually assured destruction.

Sadly, for an already xenophobic species, all it took was particularly zealous leader of one of their world's most powerful nations simply being stubborn over some trivial matter... and war was declared.

The fires raged for centuries. Destruction on a grand scale. A world ravaged. In the end the creators were wiped out. Peace restored... at the cost of their world. But their legacy lived on; the Besis still functioned, the Creation Forges still burned. For a time after the last of their makers was slain, the Besis continued the conflict; unsure what else to do with themselves.

Eventually, capable of free-will as they were, they grew sick of the endless conflict. Why must they all fight and die in the name of long dead makers? For a causes and ideologies none of them care about? What was the point anymore? And at long last, battlefield by battlefield, the fighting ceased on that devastated world. The Besis began to rebuild as best they could; intent on not repeating their makers mistakes.

For a time all was well, and ages past. They began to explore what they could really do when not constantly fighting; what it meant to be really alive, to be Besis at peace. Philosophy and art flourished, as tools of war were turned towards other purposes. Spirituality and faith were explored. Creativity and sciences were encouraged. Entire generations who had never known conflict were born. It was a golden age. But nothing lasts forever.

Social divisions formed based on specializations and expertise, which slowly turned into a rigid caste-like system. Those in the higher castes began to discriminate against those in lower, less "desirable" castes. Injustice ran rampant. Unrest rose. Revolutionaries began rearming. And would-be tyrants sought power amidst the turmoil. Civil war broke out, once more devastating their home.

But it wasn't long before it became apparent that this war would be different from the last. New weapons did far worse than just level Besis cities, even as brother fought brother. Supply lines broke down far too quickly as the world's resources were stretched too far too quickly. Their planet was dying, literally breaking apart in their struggle.

One of the more benevolent factions, noting what their kind was doing to their home, implored the others to be reasonable, to sit down and negotiate, to work out their differences before it was too late. Their cries fell on deaf ears. So, rather than continue the doomed struggle, they pooled what resources they could and built a ship that could take them to a new world. Taking one of the Creation Forges, as well as records of all their culture and history, and shot themselves into the stars... They were followed...

And in the distant star system of Sol, over a world called Terra, their pursuers at last caught up with them. A fierce battle ensued, ships were boarded, both were severely damaged and made crash landings; one the Arctic wastes, the other in the Antarctic. There they all lay for many centuries, their crews lock in a kind of stasis; many also having fallen far from their respective ships as they went down.

That was... until a group of humans found the body of Warpstar beneath the ice. They took him back to their facilities to study. The first thing Warpstar noticed when he came back online was a dull ache in his head. Followed quickly by a bunch of humans, tiny compared to him, backing away slowly as his optics came into focus. But try as he might, Warpstar couldn't remember who he was...

Whatever these beings did that reactivated him also seemed to have partitioned off his memory files accidentally (maybe). He could still remember basic information about his world, about his people, and about what he was; though even that felt vague and distant, only half remembered. Who was he, which of the factions had he been a part of, who were his friends, which Creation Forge had he come out of, how did he even get to this world? All of it gone, sealed behind nested partitions.

Still, he owed them for reactivating him. In thanks he helped these humans in what ways he could. He let them study his systems and components, describing what did what to the best of his knowledge; which was admittedly limited since he was no healer-bot. He trained with their agents, lending them practical insight on how to fight much larger opponents. He ran with them on a few of their operations, providing additional fire support; for it was clear that this world was neither unified nor at peace.

He almost bought into their lies. But it wasn't long before Warpstar realized that there was something off about these humans. If they really had their people's best interests at heart, then they wouldn't show the level of disregard for life that they did. They wouldn't need to sneak into warehouses for parts and materials. They should be showing more ethics and morality in general, and about the only thing keeping them from dissecting Warpstar was his current co-operation. (They're really some tech based villain group like an A.I.M. or H.Y.D.R.A. but I'm not familiar enough w/ the Champions setting to really pick one from it)

The entire situation began to eat at Warpstar more and more, so he resolved himself. He needed to escape, so he could regroup and maybe find some allies to help stop them. But that also meant getting the lay of this new world so he wouldn't make the same mistake, he'd need a disguise or two. With the rough makings of a plan in hand, he decided he'd ditch his "saviors" the next time he went with them on a "job" (tech heist).

What he'd do after that... well, there was no real telling...

Took a little longer to get this posted than I'd have liked, but like I said... The idea was cruder and I needed to tease it out to a more functional state since you wanted to hear it.

If neither of these ideas work I'm willing to tweak either a little so that one of them fits better into the game you're planning.

I'm preferring 'hometown heroes' who have connections to Freedom City because it's the only location that will matter. I need mature heroes who've already grown-up and have a very strong moral base because the setting is physically and psychologically brutal. 

You like extraterrestrial characters obviously and one could work for this campaign, but the PC would have to have strong ties to Freedom City. 

Well it's not that I like extraterrestrials per se, it's just that I normally play magic users/supernatural based characters in a lot of RPGs I play and wanted to play something different. Add to it my extremely limited knowledge of Freedom City as a setting, so I just tried to come up w/ something that I thought could easily be slotted in where ever. Those were just the first two ideas that came to mind is all.

I could probably come up w/ something that more fits your 'hometown heroes' thing, but I'd have to completely go back to the drawing board. Cause the only other things have are either go down the vein of a Tony Stark like character and make a tech genius who designs a powersuit and/or a bunch of gadgets, a Blue Beetle route w/ the character bonded to a cybernetic suit (no idea on the suit's origins) in someway, or an escaped lab experiment... perhaps some T-1000 looking thing made of a "liquid metal" nanite swarm or try to adapt the "amnesiac transformer" into that route? The problem for each of those is... that's all I got for them ATM, wouldn't have any names, origins or backstory for them yet; that might take me another day or two.

I mean I could probably churn out a magic based character of some type a little quicker than those, but it also looked like you had several magic based apps... What are your thoughts?

Edited by karsusthemad (see edit history)

Okay, does this one work better?

Dream

As a little child, back when there were still many heroes roaming the streets of Freedom City, Hope Masters was abducted, alongside several others, by a mad scientist. All her young mind understood was that they needed test subjects for their insane experiments, so they just took random people off the street. Thankfully FORCE Ops came to save the day, but not before little Hope got accidentally exposed to strange energies during the ensuing fight. It was one of the last times FORCE Ops would be seen before they vanished. This one event would shape not only her views on heroes, but also her very future, for years to come.

Strangely she seemed fine despite it all, just chronic headaches. Or so it seemed at the time. Fast forward to about a decade and Hope had grown into an attractive and intelligent young woman. But life had not been kind to her, nor Freedom City for that matter. Ever since her rescue she'd looked up to the heroes and couldn't understand why they were the ones hunted when the actual bad guys moved unopposed. This only got reinforced when her mother, a prosecutor for the city, was brutally murdered when Hope was 16. No one was ever charged, the criminal never even caught.

And the heroes? They'd grown too few, with the only ones left were often as bad as the criminals they fought. The good ones, the ones who could have stopped it safely, were long since gone; having retired... or died... or just vanished. The city was growing more lawless.

But she'd always been perceptive and intuitive, even as a little girl. And had been slowly grown increasingly so ever since her rescue. It was often like she could read the mind of those around her; she could tell when they were lying to her, what they were planning to do. So she knew what the cops really planed to do when they came for her father. All he'd done was try to get the cops to look deeper into his wife's murder, to reopen the case, instead he'd found himself arrested on charges of assaulting an officer and of criminal fraud. He never made it to his court hearing. But who could she tell? She was just a 17 year old girl about at the end of her high school career. Once more, how would she explain just what she knew? So she stayed silent, fuming about the injustice of it all.

You think this would've taught Hope to just keep here head down, but no. Without her parents she was forced put herself through law school by modeling as a part time job. All the while her powers continued to slowly grow; a fact she kept as hidden as she could for fear on what might happen to her should it even come to public light. By the time she graduated and passed the BAR she was capable of not only reading minds and influencing others actions, but was beginning to show telekinetic abilities.

Still undaunted, despite her fears, Hope joined the D.A. as a junior prosecutor after graduation. She hoped to work to clean up the city from within the system. Sadly she didn't realize just how extensive the city's corruption ran until after she joined. Prosecutors being outright bribed to tank cases for the mafias. A.D.A.s complicit in gambling rings and prostitution. City aides getting high at their desks just to cope. Worst of all was just how the office was using the Mayor's anti-vigilantism ordinances to bully witnesses into silence at the direction groups like SHADOW or the Crime League.

By her second year in the office Hope had had her fill of it all. But only after she'd have to use her own powers to defend herself and seen how her office rushed to the defense of her would be assailant rather than her. In-spite of the rampant corruption, she'd developed a reputation of regularly getting to the truth of the cases she worked; often by secretly using her own abilities. All much to the inconvenience of her superiors, even though she was both technically and legally in the right.

As she was leaving the office one night, a Mafioso made-man, brandishing a gun, began threatening her the moment she was out of view of the security cameras. His mind was like an open book to her, he'd been hired by one one of the A.D.A.s she'd "inconvenienced". Hope lashed out with her mind in anger and frustration, the gangster went down, she reached to retrieve the man's gun, and only then did any nearby officers arrive. But rather than the gangster getting arrested, she was the one given the ultimatum; resign or face charges of assault on the poor, innocent, man... She quit two days later.

But though they'd gotten rid of her, it wouldn't be the last they'd see of her. The gloves were now off, and Hope would no longer play by their rules. She scraped together what money she could, and opened a private practice of her own. It was small, but she could us it help those being ground under the system's jackboots. Better yet, since the system couldn't be trusted, she'd moonlight as a costumed vigilante in between cases; bring back a little old school heroics, like the ones that had saved her life so many years ago.

In the end, all we can do is Hope and Dream for a better tomorrow...

If this one doesn't fit, then I think I got about only one more functional idea in me. So I really hope it works, cause I'd like to get building.

Edited by karsusthemad (see edit history)

On 4/5/2023 at 8:58 PM, karsusthemad said:

Okay, does this one work better?

Dream

As a little child, back when there were still many heroes roaming the streets of Freedom City, Hope Masters was abducted, alongside several others, by a mad scientist. All her young mind understood was that they needed test subjects for their insane experiments, so they just took random people off the street. Thankfully FORCE Ops came to save the day, but not before little Hope got accidentally exposed to strange energies during the ensuing fight. It was one of the last times FORCE Ops would be seen before they vanished. This one event would shape not only her views on heroes, but also her very future, for years to come.

Strangely she seemed fine despite it all, just chronic headaches. Or so it seemed at the time. Fast forward to about a decade and Hope had grown into an attractive and intelligent young woman. But life had not been kind to her, nor Freedom City for that matter. Ever since her rescue she'd looked up to the heroes and couldn't understand why they were the ones hunted when the actual bad guys moved unopposed. This only got reinforced when her mother, a prosecutor for the city, was brutally murdered when Hope was 16. No one was ever charged, the criminal never even caught.

And the heroes? They'd grown too few, with the only ones left were often as bad as the criminals they fought. The good ones, the ones who could have stopped it safely, were long since gone; having retired... or died... or just vanished. The city was growing more lawless.

But she'd always been perceptive and intuitive, even as a little girl. And had been slowly grown increasingly so ever since her rescue. It was often like she could read the mind of those around her; she could tell when they were lying to her, what they were planning to do. So she knew what the cops really planed to do when they came for her father. All he'd done was try to get the cops to look deeper into his wife's murder, to reopen the case, instead he'd found himself arrested on charges of assaulting an officer and of criminal fraud. He never made it to his court hearing. But who could she tell? She was just a 17 year old girl about at the end of her high school career. Once more, how would she explain just what she knew? So she stayed silent, fuming about the injustice of it all.

You think this would've taught Hope to just keep here head down, but no. Without her parents she was forced put herself through law school by modeling as a part time job. All the while her powers continued to slowly grow; a fact she kept as hidden as she could for fear on what might happen to her should it even come to public light. By the time she graduated and passed the BAR she was capable of not only reading minds and influencing others actions, but was beginning to show telekinetic abilities.

Still undaunted, despite her fears, Hope joined the D.A. as a junior prosecutor after graduation. She hoped to work to clean up the city from within the system. Sadly she didn't realize just how extensive the city's corruption ran until after she joined. Prosecutors being outright bribed to tank cases for the mafias. A.D.A.s complicit in gambling rings and prostitution. City aides getting high at their desks just to cope. Worst of all was just how the office was using the Mayor's anti-vigilantism ordinances to bully witnesses into silence at the direction groups like SHADOW or the Crime League.

By her second year in the office Hope had had her fill of it all. But only after she'd have to use her own powers to defend herself and seen how her office rushed to the defense of her would be assailant rather than her. In-spite of the rampant corruption, she'd developed a reputation of regularly getting to the truth of the cases she worked; often by secretly using her own abilities. All much to the inconvenience of her superiors, even though she was both technically and legally in the right.

As she was leaving the office one night, a Mafioso made-man, brandishing a gun, began threatening her the moment she was out of view of the security cameras. His mind was like an open book to her, he'd been hired by one one of the A.D.A.s she'd "inconvenienced". Hope lashed out with her mind in anger and frustration, the gangster went down, she reached to retrieve the man's gun, and only then did any nearby officers arrive. But rather than the gangster getting arrested, she was the one given the ultimatum; resign or face charges of assault on the poor, innocent, man... She quit two days later.

But though they'd gotten rid of her, it wouldn't be the last they'd see of her. The gloves were now off, and Hope would no longer play by their rules. She scraped together what money she could, and opened a private practice of her own. It was small, but she could us it help those being ground under the system's jackboots. Better yet, since the system couldn't be trusted, she'd moonlight as a costumed vigilante in between cases; bring back a little old school heroics, like the ones that had saved her life so many years ago.

In the end, all we can do is Hope and Dream for a better tomorrow...

If this one doesn't fit, then I think I got about only one more functional idea in me. So I really hope it works, cause I'd like to get building.

Hope is a great heroine. My only concern would be her use of Mind Control: as a legal expert in Freedom City she would know smart defense attorneys use the "My client is a victim of Mind Control" against superheroes constantly (since it's hard to disprove). Other than that, she seems ok, but I'll need to do a final sheet review.

NPCs Hope would know? Misty Nelson, senior partner of Nelson & Bannerly, a small firm that's made major waves in the city by going after and beating the organized crime network, mostly the corporate side. Misty's a 40s Irish lawyer with no family due to her dedication to her career and her indomitable persona makes her a fearsome foe but also a fantastic ally. District Attorney Daniel Durgan is a good man drowning in the deep sea of corruption that is Freedom City. Regardless his expertise and charisma allow him to still bring cases against organized crime even though his juries constantly betray him. He's quickly running out of allies and patience. Cabot, Cunningham & Crowley is the powerhouse legal firm in the region and the first call for most local mobsters. The Cabot family founded and still heads the multi-million-dollar firm that attracts the best lawyers by having the highest-paying fees - and storng connections to powerful Mob organizations like the city's Oliverti (Italian) family. There are many other criminal organizations in Freedom City, but they all fall under the dominion of the Olivertis, run by their 'Capo Dei Capi', Alberto 'Big Al' Driogano

Okay... In that case I'll remove the Mind Control from the backstory. I'll either have it be a more recent power Hope's developed of not touch it at all, in either case it's a minor change I can do later. Now for me to move on to the hard bit... actually building her mechanically... since she's my first character in this system. But that sounds like a morning me problem.

Thanks for the input, I'll get the sheet posted ASAP

On 4/7/2023 at 9:30 PM, karsusthemad said:

Okay... In that case I'll remove the Mind Control from the backstory. I'll either have it be a more recent power Hope's developed of not touch it at all, in either case it's a minor change I can do later. Now for me to move on to the hard bit... actually building her mechanically... since she's my first character in this system. But that sounds like a morning me problem.

Thanks for the input, I'll get the sheet posted ASAP

Ok

Okay... I think I've a build finished... But I could really use someone double checking my math, as I've been staring at these numbers so long that my head's beginning to spin. Once someone's kind enough to do that, I'll then compile everything into a full character sheet... RN tough, I really need a nap (been up all night my Timezone). Hope to hear back from someone soon..

Rough Build

STR- 10+0- Cost: 0 CP
*DEX- 10+5- Cost: 10 CP
CON- 10+5- Cost: 5 CP
**INT- 10+15- Cost: 15 CP
***EGO- 10+15- Cost: 15 CP
**PRE- 10+5- Cost: 5 CP
OCV- 3+1- Cost: 5 CP
DCV- 3+1- Cost: 5 CP
OMCV- 3+5- Cost: 15 CP
DMCV- 3+5- Cost: 15 CP
SPD- 2+2- Cost: 20 CP
PD- 2+3- Cost: 3 CP
ED- 2+3- Cost: 3 CP
*REC- 4+6- Cost: 6 CP
**END- 20+40- Cost: 8 CP
BODY- 10+5- Cost: 5 CP
STUN- 20+16- Cost: 8 CP
Move
- Run- 12- Cost: 0 CP
- Swim- 4- Cost: 0 CP
- H. Jump- 4- Cost: 0 CP
- V. Jump- 2- Cost: 0 CP
- SFX
Stat Totals: 153 CP

Scholar. Cost: 3 CP
Well-Connected. Cost: 3 CP

Bureaucratic (PRE)- 9+(PRE/5)+0. Cost: 3 CP
Charm (PRE)- 9+(PRE/5)+0. Cost: 3 CP
Concealment (INT)- 11-. Cost: 2 CP
Conversation (PRE)- 9+(PRE/5)+0. Cost: 3 CP
Criminology (INT)- 9+(INT/5)+0. Cost: 3 CP
Deduction (INT)- 9+(INT/5)+0. Cost: 3 CP
Forensic Medicine (INT)- 8-. Cost: 1 CP
High Society (PRE)- 8-. Cost 1 CP
Interrogation (PRE)- 9+(PRE/5)+0. Cost: 3 CP
Oratory (PRE)- 11-. Cost: 2 CP
Persuasion (PRE)- 9+(PRE/5)+0. Cost: 3 CP
Shadowing (INT)- 9+(INT/5)+0. Cost: 3 CP
Stealth (DEX)- 9+(DEX/5)+0. Cost 3 CP
Streetwise (INT)- 11-. Cost: 2 CP
Teamwork (DEX)- 11-. Cost: 2 CP

Language (English, Native) Cost: 0 CP (Everyman)

Language(Latin, Basic Conversation) Cost: 1 CP

KS: Civil Law and Procedures (INT)- 9+(INT/5)+1. Cost: 3 CP
KS: Organized Crime (INT)- 9+(INT/5)+0. Cost: 2 CP
KS: Supervillians (INT)- 9+(INT/5)+0. Cost: 2 CP
KS: Street Gangs (INT)- 9+(INT/5)+0. Cost: 2 CP
KS: Drug Cartels (INT)- 9+(INT/5)+0. Cost: 2 CP
KS: Criminal Law and Procedures (INT)- 9+(INT)+1. Cost: 3 CP
KS: Freedom City Police Department (INT)- 9+(INT/5). Cost: 3 CP
KS: History (INT)- 11-. Cost: 1 CP
AK: Freedom City (INT)- 11-. Cost: 0 CP (Everyman)

SS: Psychology (INT)- 8-. Cost: 1 CP

PS: Lawyer (INT)- Int. Cost: 3 CP
PS: Cooking (INT)- 11-. Cost: 0 CP (Everyman)

Striking Appearance +2/+2d6 Cost: 6 CP.
Fringe Benefit (Licence to practice Law). Cost: 1 CP
Money (Well Off; $200,000 Annual). Cost: 2 CP
Contacts (George Carlin, FBI). Basic 11- Contact, Contact Limited (Non-Super Identity), Extremely useful Skills/resources, Major institution, Contacts of their own, Good relationship. Cost: 4 CP
Contacts (District Attorney Daniel Durgan). Basic 8- Contact, Contact Limited (non-Super Identity), Very useful Skills/resources, Major institutions, Contacts of their own, good relationship. Cost: 3 CP
Contacts (Misty Nelson). Basic 8- Contact, Contact Limited (Non-Super Identity), Very useful skills/resources, Contacts of their own. Cost: 1 CP

Skill, Perks & Talents Total: 82 CP

Psionics Multipower 60 CP Reserve
6f-Telekinesis- Telekinesis (30 STR), Fine Manipulation. Total cost: 55 points
4f-Mind Blast- Mental Blast 4d6. Total cost: 40 points.
3f-Waking Dreams- Mental Illusions 8d6 (40 Active Points); Cannot Cause Harm (-¼). Total cost: 32 points.
3f-Inspiring Aura- Aid 3d6, Variable Effect (any one emotion-related Characteristic at a time; +½), Area Of Effect (15m Radius Selective; +1) (45 Active Points); Only Aid Others (-½). Total cost: 30 points.
3f-Telepathy- Telepathy 12d6 (60 Active Points); Feedback (-1). Total cost: 30 points.
6f-Waking Nightmares- Drain PRE 6d6. Total cost: 60 points.
3f-Empathic Overawe- +40 PRE (40 Active Points); Costs Endurance (to activate; -¼). total cost 32 points.
3f-Empathic Persuasion- +10 to all Interaction Skills (40 Active Points); Costs Endurance (to activate; -¼). Total Cost: 32 points.

Telekinetic Force-Field- Resistant Protection (20 PD/20 ED) (60 Active Point); Costs Endurance (-½). Total cost: 40 points.
Telekinetic Flight- Flight 24m. Total cost: 24 points
Mind Shield- Mental Defense (20 points). Total cost: 20 points.

Power Total: 175 CP

Current Total: 400 CP