OOC - Kingdom Squad

1 hour ago, Niven81 said:

First I apologize for being away: Work exploded due to people not following safety/security rules and I ended up pulling 18 hour days for a week. I see that Rapunzel is on Cauldron squad which is good as I was hoping to get that one. Can anyone give me a quick update/summary?

This is a fast moving game (fastest I've ever been involved in and there is like a book of backlog to get through).

Let me catch you up... We're splitting the party, you can buy extra spells in the spell store thread, you're on team cauldron.

Then mostly fluff.

One more thing — Cauldron Cacophony? Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the villains that we’ll encounter while chasing the Cauldron are Maleficent, Cruella deVil, Capt. Hook, Prince Hans, and Gaston.

Of course, this is OOC for Mickey. He's never heard of any of these bad guys.

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)

19 hours ago, artsmythe said:

One more thing — Cauldron Cacophony? Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the villains that we’ll encounter while chasing the Cauldron are Maleficent, Cruella deVil, Capt. Hook, Prince Hans, and Gaston.

Of course, this is OOC for Mickey. He's never heard of any of these bad guys.

That sounds right. You could go back and rewatch the video to verify. Mickey did see all of those villains in the vision we saw, even if he has not heard of them before. I also wonder how much he might have heard of these villains from stories being told.

We don't have a front line fighter, so we might want to avoid a direct confrontation.

Oh, yeah -- "Conjure Beast". That would come in handy, but I agree with our leader's approach to our task. Mickey will try to avoid combat unless it's absolutely necessary.

Or if one of the bad guys says something nasty to Aurora, Rapunzel or Eilonwy! 😉

10 minutes ago, Ayeba said:

@artsmythe You can beg the GM to change your third level spells to Summon Undead. Imagine Mickey summoning a skeleton! You know you want to!

I've considered exchanging spells, but I'm going to stick with my current selections. Summoning Undead? Isn't that a Chernabog sort of thing? LOL!

BTW, I just finished seeing MOANA on FreeForm. (I had recorded it on my DVR.) It was fantastic! Wow! It was truly a great movie. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Now all I have to do is see THE BLACK CAULDRON (and read the books) and THE EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE. Well, and maybe see TANGLED again. I love that movie.

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, artsmythe said:

BTW, I just finished seeing MOANA on FreeForm. (I had recorded it on my DVR.) It was fantastic! Wow! It was truly a great movie. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

It is indeed great.

20 minutes ago, Rumrunner said:

Moana 2 due out in November

I'm... hesitant. Some of the more recent sequels (admittedly from Pixar) have given me some apprehensions. I will probably see it with my daughters, though.

Hopefully Mickey has animate objects. That seems like a must have for the sorcerer's apprentice. Send an army of brooms to throw buckets of water at our enemies.

The Black Cauldron is a dark movie. I liked it, but it is not for everyone. Some people hate it. As said before it is rushed, too much story into too short a movie. It has the feel of the 80's video game "Dragon's Lair." It is definitely not standard Disney fare.