OOC - Kingdom Squad

Sorry, I have to delay for another day. My daughter's birthday is tomorrow, and we've spent all day cleaning house and preparing, and my mind is toast right now.

@SMARTAgentKC I don't have time for an in-character post now, so I'll pose some question regarding the explanation. I expect the answer to some of the question to be deliberately obfuscated, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.

1. Can we only rest in safe rooms? What about rooms we have cleared?
  2. Do enemies respawn on both short and long rests, or just long rests?
  3. Is there any way to tell if time flows differently in a certain room?
  4. Do we have any way to know how much time is left? Related to question 3, I guess.

If you prefer I ask in-character, let me know and I'll do that as soon as I can.

We have 24hrs to complete it, no long rests, this is a time trial, I can only assume resting is only if absolutely necessary. Shouldn't need to rest more than once in a given day, standard is six to eight medium-hard encounters per day, I can't see this being beyond that, likely less given the nature of pbp. We'll be fine ;)

Edit: @Ayeba @morgan_ We had two spare goggles of night we would have given two you, so extend your darkvision by 60ft, I'm not sure if it's completely dark under the sea but I'm assuming its probably at least dim. Also, wearing goggles while swimming makes sense to me.

2 hours ago, Rumrunner said:

We have 24hrs to complete it, no long rests, this is a time trial, I can only assume resting is only if absolutely necessary. Shouldn't need to rest more than once in a given day, standard is six to eight medium-hard encounters per day, I can't see this being beyond that, likely less given the nature of pbp. We'll be fine ;)

A long rest is 8 hours. I don't see why we can't take one mid-adventure if we want to.

I thought D&D 5e was balanced around 3 encounters/day. Six to eight encounters seem way too much for me...

2 hours ago, Rumrunner said:

We had two spare goggles of night we would have given two you, so extend your darkvision by 60ft, I'm not sure if it's completely dark under the sea but I'm assuming its probably at least dim. Also, wearing goggles while swimming makes sense to me.

Great, thanks.

5e DMG lists 6-8 medium to hard encounters per day, most games are far less, but that's what the game is balanced for. That's with 2 short rests and one long rest at the start. I had thought it was 4-5 until I looked into it, seems a bit high to me too, but so far it hasn't been anywhere near that, so I'm not worried.

10 hours ago, Prehysterical said:

The song suggestion now makes me wonder how SMART is going to squeeze "Terror Time" into the campaign at some point. Pirates of the Caribbean seems a good fit, or the Horned King's minions...

Hmm... horned king minions... literal zombies... *puts that down into encounter idea box*