OOC - Modern Mob

@drealynn @MysteriousMiller @Gspawn

I thought I should post Yuu's plans here, so as to not clog up the IC.

She would have shared these with you guys so that everyone can coordinate with each other.

Constructive input is welcome. ^_^

Main Plan: Talking and Negotiating, Leading into the Rest of the Mission

Disclaimer: This plan may change depending on Yuu's friends (Riddle's, Deuce's, Trey's, and Cater's) thoughts/behaviors/attitudes, what they remember about Yuu and Grim, etc. It may also change depending on how well the negotiations are going. So, Yuu and Grim will be keeping an eye out on that as best as they can, but help would definitely be appreciated.

When the party gets to the palace, after answering the King of Hearts', and possibly Riddle's, questions, the plan is to try and make an alliance/agreement/deal. We help the King of Hearts and Riddle fight off the Legion and Blight, and in return, they help us find and rescue the 'outsiders' who are lost here. We don't say anything about the identities of the people we're rescuing yet: No lies, no truth, nothing, unless one of them remembers something of their original lives Twisted Wonderland. Especially, if they realize that Wonderland is not their home.

Since the Legion and the Blight seem to be connected to the fact that Riddle and the others can't wake up from their comatose state due to the 'supplies' the Cheshire Cat mentioned (if he can be trusted), this alliance can allow us to investigate further and gather more information in order to act effectively. This alliance could possibly allow us access to investigate anywhere in Wonderland, and possibly even inside the palace. If we bring Ace's Face with us, he could tell us where we could find his body during the investigations. His Face will be hidden within Yuu's Cloak of Elvenkind (she's wearing and attuned to it now.)

We will need access to as many of the places in Wonderland as possible in order to find these 'supplies' and wake the four of them up.

This alliance can also allow us to gain access to magic once again, so we will have everything in our arsenal to help the four friends from Heartslabyul. We'll also have the four Heartslabyul students' aid since we would be working toward a mutual goal. They'll be much more willing to share information that they know but we, the party, are not aware of.

In essence, the rescue mission could go much more quickly if the forging an alliance goes well.

((There are more reasons why the alliance would help, but I can't remember them right now. I will edit them in when I remember.))

If Negotiations fail, we flee (and fight our way out if we have to) back to the ship, get away from the palace, and we'll come up with another plan.

Succeeding in the negotiations is important! Yuu intends to lead the negotiations.

Joker's Gambit: Battle Plan against Riddle, Deuce, Trey, and Cater (It's a Back Up Plan! Not the Main Plan!)

Disclaimer: This plan also may change depending on if more than just the four of them join the fray, or any other factors come into play. So this plan is just if it's just us four versus those four in a straight fight.

We use this plan only if Riddle, Deuce, Trey, and Cater actually attack the party first. So, no striking them first!

Also, we can expect that Riddle's Magic Restriction would be in complete effect, so Yuu, Grim, and Peter Pan will not be able to use magic, while Doofus and Gosalyn would be unaffected. This plan takes that into consideration.

Should the four of them attack, the plan to start would be to Divide and Conquer: Split up to take care of Deuce, Trey, and Cater before focusing on Riddle. We want to knock them unconscious, not kill them. They're the ones we need to rescue. We do need to consider that Riddle's Unique Magic manifested differently, but still functioned the same so it might be the same case for the others.

Deuce Spade. What he lacks in brains, he makes up for it in brawn and heart. His Unique Magic is "Bet the Limit". This allows him to take the damage he's been dealt and deal back in kind. The stronger the attack, the stronger his retaliation will be. Without magic, Yuu and Grim are pretty weak, making them ideal candidates to face him. Plus, there is the fact that Deuce is one of Yuu and Grim's first friends alongside Ace. Knowing Deuce, he gets easily flustered when he has to talk to women. So, if he doesn't remember Yuu, then he'll get flustered. If he does remember Yuu at least a little, then he won't get flustered, and Yuu and Grim could possibly talk him into helping them. Heck, even Ace's Face can probably help with talking him into helping! Yuu also knows that Deuce might not be as inclined to strike her as he might be to anyone else, but she is bracing herself for such a possibility. She will also be trying to keep him away from the others so he can't jump in front of someone and take a strong attack (yes, he is the type who will do that).

Cater Diamond. His Unique Magic is "Split Card". This allows him to make clones of himself that can act independently. But the more clones he creates, the harder it is to maintain them. The best person among the party to face him would be Doofus. Doofus's strength may overwhelm Cater, which may make him try to make more clones. Whether he goes in with a few or a lot of clones, Cater fighting Doofus would be a Lose-Lose situation. The only thing for Doofus to watch out for would be Cater's great sense of balance: That could make him difficult to knock prone.

Finally, there's Trey Clover. His Unique Magic is "Doodle Suit". It's an unassuming spell because it mostly overwrites an objects characteristics, such as taste or smell. But in rare circumstances, he is able to use this to overwrite other caster's magic for a limited time. He was able to use it against Riddle's Unique Magic when he Overblotted. By process of elimination, that would leave Peter Pan to face Trey.

Gosalyn's role will be the most important. Thanks to her ranged weapons, she can attack any of the three if one of us gets overwhelmed. She can also deal with Riddle Rosehearts, if and only if he attacks us during the battle as well.

After the Deuce, Trey, and Cater are knocked unconscious, then we can face Riddle.

Edited by Guardian Angel Haruki (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the wait guys! ^^" But post is now up!

@SMARTAgentKC Let me know if you need me to change anything or roll anything else.

Also, I just realized something hilarious, something that makes Yuu and Grim perfect for D&D...

Yuu is probably the only character in Disney to have successfully seduced a dragon. 🤣

• 3 weeks later...

@Gspawn

I can help answer that. Right when the group entered the king while fleeing from Legion, they lost access to magic because of Riddle’s magic affecting the entire area.

Yuu, Grim, Ace, Prospero, and Lilly made it clear then. It affected the ship’s ability to use magic as well

The only people who can use magic right now are Riddle and presumably those who are working with him.

*lightly chuckles in amusement at Guardian's answer*

I'll say this much, the flow of magic is restricted but not completely cut off, Big Blue was still able to fly but the crystal had to adjust its output, Lilly was able to pull out an invention to check for listening devices and other things and it was able to detect something but what that something was she wasn't sure.

Magic may not function as well as normal, various undefined random effects might be in play, all one can do is test to see if their magic works.

• 2 weeks later...