Ravencrest Tavern (((OOC)))

Papa Bear

Update on the meatgrinder;

New guy is trained, but we're still down a body. Two new construction projects started up so I am getting killed in the mornings and have been having to hold over well into the day shift to help them sort things. One of our day guys was on vacation and is now on leave for his marriage and honeymoon, meaning more morning work for me. So, while I was almost free of the extra work, his marriage timing has pulled me back into the pit.

NO WORRIES, MATE!

Things are a little slow right now anyway, and this is a good time to space a little :D

Lumo's been slammed at work. I can empathize with him. Its like a merry-go-round of slapping him in poo over there. Frankly, I'm impressed at his fortitude to not start singing a Johnny Paycheck song. As well, my buddy rauhric has been run ragged by life lately and talked to me about taking a step back for a bit so gaming at MW isn't like punching a time-clock. During this next segment, Dwaron will be staying in town, either trying to figure out all that's happened to him since coming to the Battle Lands (unwillingly) and helping to shore up the town's defenses like only dwarves can.

The move over here has certainly not helped. I've got games on both sides and I've noticed a dramatic slowdown in all of them.

Besides, I am way more of a space-cadet than you! I space on when I'm supposed to post all the time. I'll never get mad about that! Doubly so because I love having you in the game.

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)

OK, sorry.

As you know, I've been moved to a new position at my job and I can't hardly post from work anymore. Curse them for screwing with my gaming! Anyway, I had a fall today, scrapped up my knees pretty good... they'll be swollen and really sore tomorrow. Also sprained my ankle. Its already killing me. I need to get my legs elevated and iced. That means I won't be updating the first round of the battle tonight as planned. I'll be crying in my recliner.

Three things could happen tomorrow (most likely). I wake up and feel mostly OK and go to work. Then I'll either be in terrible pain and come home crying again and not even log into MW or I'm still feeling mostly OK and I update then. Third, I stay home from work because I can't walk without considerable pain (starting to look like this might be the case) and at some point, needing to do SOMETHING, I'll log in and update the action.

Either way, Shadeus is right, MOOK ALERT!

Since Troben has created an echo that is so far out, go ahead and give me a mook killing spree from the echo. Each mook takes 2 points of damage, though 1 point will kill the last mook if an odd number is rolled (round up). But there's enough mooks that they will trample the echo and 'kill it' because it really doesn't have any substance (I figure that's why its only got 1 HP). BUT, Troben will have enough time to create another Echo as the baddies get close enough for those initiatives to become valid.

Mooks always go last in the initiative.

Name
Shade Initiatives
1d20+2 3
Warrior Skeleton Initiatives
1d20+3 12
28 Days Later style 'Fast Zombies' initiative
1d20+1 19
Shadow Beast Initiatives
1d20+4 8

Hope your leg is doing better. I hate to say it, I'm going to guess it hurts like hell today. I played a lot of soccer and have been injured a lot. That next day when the the adrenaline wears off, it hurts like hell. Best of luck!

boy does it!

I was joking about crying but I really did cry today trying to get up to go to the bathroom. By all that's good and right in the universe, that was painful. Twice. I honestly worried that I wouldn't be able to get up and would eventually mess myself. I went to the emergency room last night at about 3am. Just a nasty sprain, nothing broken. So good news is that in a couple days I'll be able to hobble around in discomfort instead of agony.

I played several sports when I was young and had more than one sprain. They never hurt this bad. I guess age has amplified it.

I'm sure you've been told this or know it already, but...

• Take Advil to reduce the swelling. Hopefully the doctors put you on something better than that.
  • Elevate your knee! Put it on a pillow and lay back on your couch.
  • Ice it multiple times a day for 20-minute stretches. Unless the science has changed, 20 minutes is the optimal time to promote healing.

I know it sucks, but you might want to consider a cane or something for the next few days. If you have a staff like Gandalf, that could work too! 😀

Thanks for the advice, though all stuff the doctor told me, with two caveats;

1) I can't take Advil (ibuprofen) because one of the regular meds I am on reacts badly to it... and I know because they told me so and I once ignored it and found out it was very very true! So, I'd accuse you of trying to kill me except that there was no way you could know! orcdance.gif They said Tylenol (Acetaminophen) which doesn't do much for me on anything but headaches and its not helping and if it is, wow, I would be in extreme pain! I did not get a prescription for something better because secretly they want me to suffer.

2) I already use a cane... mostly because i get lightheaded and use it for balance, but it has been invaluable in helping to get to the bathroom. I probably couldn't make it without the cane! Sadly I gave away my crutches from when I broke my ankle during the pandemic.

On the plus side, its starting to feel better already because its only a sprain. its gone from unbearable to excruciating. Did I mention it actually made me cry? First time in my 53 years that I cried like that from physical pain. Cuss, shout, even a tear squeeze out, sure. but never full on cry since growing past like 10 Y.O.

I wonder if something like Aleve (naproxen sodium) would work. Like you, Tylenol doesn't do much for me except headaches and fevers.

I have been there. I broke my knee once and it was pretty awful. My knee swelled up like a small watermelon. I also tore my ACL, but that recovery was much faster and I was running in like six weeks. When I turned 40, I broke 3-4 of my floating ribs. There's nothing you can do for it either other than to gut it out. I was playing soccer and collided with a player going the other way and took a knee to the ribs when he tried to chip the ball over my head. Although I was in major pain, the scariest part was I couldn't breath. It took me 18 months to recover from that; I couldn't sleep on that side of my body for a year and a half....really sucked.

Glad you are on the mend! Consider this post a "healing word" to get you back on your feet again!