Ravencrest Tavern (((OOC)))

Papa Bear

ouch, those are some pretty nasty injuries!

I've been relatively injury free, knock on wood, most of my life. the only other major injury was breaking both bones in my forearm when I was in 1st grade... got out of the cast and broke it again in the exact same spot a month later

BTW, I am just rolling all the rolls that don't directly affect your characters on my desk. I don't care for the die roller too much and still have a long way to go before I get used to this site completely. I accidentally hit Delete on my keyboard instead of Backspace and with one keystroke, wiped out my minions spoiler. I really hate that. On OGMW, you just had to type in a [ or ] and maybe a couple letters to fix that mistake. SO glad Eithne wiped out the Minions so I just said "eff it" and moved on. :)

I was just going back over the old posts and wanted to confirm that Troben did not have time to work with Eithne to create the acid rune for his sword. It doesn't look like it based on how quickly we got whisked away into the Shadowlands.

Sorry to hear about your challenges with the new site's editor. There is a button on the toolbar though to open a bbcode editor. image.png.7ed88fd2137a7455fc421ccf328bdefc.png (It's the one all the way on the left side.) That will let you use the old format if it works for you better.

No swarming. In fact, Troben only has the two corrupted around him after killing the skels and corrupted last round. With the wiping out of the mooks with Spike Growth, the swarm of Corrupted (the largest number after the minions) and Skels (second after corrupted), the 'full force' that you can see got in on your guys. Troben can kill most of the corrupted and Skells (especially after the 10ish points of damage they suffered in spike growth getting to you guys) with one hit and has been killing 3 around on average. Vrod easily kills them with two attacks but not usually one without a good damage roll (which he hasn't really gotten yet). Rik can't attack twice yet and can't kill them with a single attack.

So, the 'field' below Eithne has Troben facing just two corrupted with Rik and Vrod 'back to back' with a bunch of enemies around them.

That said, There are still the four shades flying around with Eithne, attacking her since the ground forces can't reach her. As well, there are an unknown number of shadow beasts in the darkness just beyond the light. They blend in very well with the dark, so its hard to see them (well, the shades do too). I was going to make you lot make Perception Checks to target one of them in the shadows or suffer disadvantage on the attack but with your insane passive perceptions (19 and 21) I figured as long as they were lurking close (which they are) you just 'succeed'.

Oh, and similarly, Eithne can see the other group in a similar situation as you two. The Spirit Guardians are mauling the Minions just as well as the Spike Growth, though the enemies have to get within 15 feet of Tiberion as its an AoE centered on him. Austin (the sorcerer) has fireballed (is that a word? It should be) the minions and most of the corrupted and skels down. In melee, Tiberion CAN take down an enemy each round with good rolls, but doesn't usually get that. Baldric can easily kill one a round, and with good rolls (and use of Smite) can do so easily and get good cuts on another so that he's 'averaging' one and a half a round. Austin is no longer using AoEs so as to not blast Baldric and Tiberion. They are sort of 'Back to Back' too, but Austin is between Baldric and Tiberion.

Troben plans to finish off his corrupted next round and then help someone. It could be the new guys, but that invites then into our combat which may be more complicated than needed. We'll need to eventually go after the shadow beasts, I'm just not sure when to do that. Maybe with Troben's echo...that might be a way to both spot them and do some damage to them. I have a feeling they are going to be tough.

Vrod's also collected enough orbs to attempt an Acid rune for his ax, but he'd be awful attempting it. He'll be asking Eithne if he hasn't already.

Grenval will still need to teach her to do it.

I tried using that BBCode editor too, it sucks... or maybe I just don't know how to use it. I was so excited when someone first pointed it out to me.

As to Troben's help; Remember, Rik is only level 4 and even with Vrod's protection, it doesn't take much to get him down to half HPs when compared to the rest of you. While Troben could look around and see what Eithne does, especially after he kills his corrupted, he'll see that the other group is faring as well as you guys. Baldric can't whip out as much damage as Troben, but the Spirit Minions are still 'helping' where Spike Growth only works when enemies move through it. And, Austin's blasts into the horde thinned them down more early on.

Sorry team. Rough first day back to work. Besides all the walking i had to do on the mostly healed sprained ankle (which swelled up pretty good), a brawl went down between the kids in my class. I got home and took a quick nap. Tuesdays are my roll20 group mew night. We're done but I'm wiped out. have to go to bed. I usually can't post at work any more so it'll probably be tomorrow night Pacific time before i can update