Ravencrest Tavern (((OOC)))

Papa Bear

So, yeah, a reminder that I dislike the die roller. Its powerful, but since we moved over, you hopefully remember I've just been making all rolls with my die set at my desk unless that roll is directly related to you (such as an attack against one of you). Its just easier... and I like physically rolling dice.

Sadly, my feeble brain is having a hard time remembering the die strings. Once I can remember them from OGMW, I'll like it a lot better. Don't like the 'extra step' but I'm just putting WIP and posting, then going back with the die rolls and whatever text I want to add. Not a big deal. I'm just an old curmudgeon that doesn't like change ☺️

Oh, and I miss the emojies from the other site. I wish the common 'codes' would autofill with the corresponding emoji. :D see :(

Sickened isn't a condition in 5e. There's one in Mutants & Masterminds 3e and I also think Pathfinder has that condition. The closest thing I could find was poisonedA poisoned creature has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks.. That's extremely rough to have disadvantage over...well, everything. I wanted to confirm what penalties the characters would have.

And because Troben did save, I suspect he should be cleared of the -2 penalty he got from arriving in the world (it was to last until he succeeded, different from this nasty save).

That is the penalty for my 'sickened' condition. a -2 is a pretty good penalty in 5e but the usual penalty is disadvantage and I felt that was too much for a check you'll have to make several times... so -2.

Like most things in this adventure, I'm making $#!% up as we go because its all sorts of worlds and universes with different rules for how things work, but keeping the main framework so not too terrible much is new all the time. Just a few things for flavor.

Okay, fair enough. I appreciate the creativity! The -2 is just fine. I hadn't realized you were labeling "sickened." Many years ago I wrote a supplement on using "fear" in campaigns (I think it was for 3.5e) and I had to create a lesser fear condition very similar to this.

@Papa Bear - Troben also got an 18, so I'm not sure if he should go first on the tie or not. Let me know and I can edit my post.

The link you posted for roll20 doesn't work though. It's to an editor screen that we don't have access to. When I go to our game on Roll20, it's the ice palace battle instead. Is there another link? Did you create a new game on Roll20 that we need to be invited to? Or can you use the old BattleLands link?

https://app.roll20.net/editor/setcampaign/13335178

1 hour ago, Papa Bear said:

OK, you should be able to go to the map now. Sorry about that.

Also, does this link work?

if not, I don't know how to find the darn web addy for these things :(

I used to be able to do it, I think. Maybe I'm getting dumber. That is not an exciting prospect.

YES! That did it. Nice pink background...YUCK! 🤢