Ravencrest Tavern (((OOC)))

Papa Bear

I am at work so can't update her (Roll20 is notoriously bad on the phone). BUT good news for Troben. That one in front of him only had three HP left, so when it grows it retains the percentage of damage done to it, therefore, since this phase they increased max HP by x3, their current HP also increases by x3, they don't gain +40 HP. It had only 3 HP, so after growing it has only 9 HP, so Troben will kill it and I believe can move and attack again

OH! So whatever damage it had also tripled. Nice! I will put in an extra attack. Do we get any mystic energy for these guys or no because they are basically "summoned?"

It's an interesting mechanic on the spawned creatures. It escalates in power quickly, but they are pretty worthless at stages 1 and 2.

Oh, I put the ME stuff in the Plague Maggots spoiler. What I did forget was that a phase one, the maggots are basically minions with one HP and you can just stomp around on them and use the minion rules. Of course, they eat their own at all phases, but in the first it is easy for the more dominant and aggressive ones to eat each other. That initiates the growing process and why only a d6+2 grow up out of the mess instead of dozens. When you minion kill them, every five points of damage also reduces the die roll by one (d6+1, d6, d6-1, d6-2, etc)

Also Gah! On that miss. If you had hit, someone easily could have finished it off. It's got about 32 or so HP left if you are close enough to the other group, it should be no problem but if they can't get in range, it could be dicy.

It was a good gamble though, +10 more damage might have finished it off in one go.

27 minutes ago, Papa Bear said:

Oh, I put the ME stuff in the Plague Maggots spoiler. What I did forget was that a phase one, the maggots are basically minions with one HP and you can just stomp around on them and use the minion rules. Of course, they eat their own at all phases, but in the first it is easy for the more dominant and aggressive ones to eat each other. That initiates the growing process and why only a d6+2 grow up out of the mess instead of dozens. When you minion kill them, every five points of damage also reduces the die roll by one (d6+1, d6, d6-1, d6-2, etc)

Also Gah! On that miss. If you had hit, someone easily could have finished it off. It's got about 32 or so HP left if you are close enough to the other group, it should be no problem but if they can't get in range, it could be dicy.

It was a good gamble though, +10 more damage might have finished it off in one go.

Yeah, generally it's not worth it to use that "power attack" feature of GWM in this campaign with the soft crits. I hadn't used it in a while and Troben is a bit full of himself...so he tried to finish it off himself. It's still possible between the cleric, Austin, and Eithne though.

Agree. Possible but it would have been simple on the hit. It's a matter of how big a spell Austin uses. If Eithne and Tiberion do decent damage with their cantrips, Austin could kill it with an average cantrip roll. Now is when it would be great to exploit a vulnerability if they had one. Still, even if everyone also misses and it grows, it will likely only have 60ish HP and the full group will take that out easily enough. Now, a couple of them at full HP in phase five would be tough.

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)

At work. Will update when I get home. Roll20 is notoriously bad on most phones and with the first real GM post for the fight, the spoilers and other things I put in the thread can't just be cloned yet.

Sorry, thought I'd get to the post 24 hours ago but got caught up. I will not be around tomorrow. My team is the 49ers so I'll either be sulking and wishing I was dead or dancing around and celebrating with the rest of my family. One way or another, there's virtually no chance I'll be on until monday :D

Niiiiiice

I was hoping I could update at work as we are doing special Olympics for floor hockey today and I am phenomenally bored as I always am for the past few Sp. Olympic event (basket ball and soccer). I thought I might be able to update and correct the damage bars tonight. But the Mother will need to move from the wall and I don't know exactly the locations. She moves at 40 feet so will only be able to move ten feet through that wall... I am thinking she can't get out but I don't know for sure since I can't run Roll20 on my phone.

Oh well, light posts are fine on the phone but combat rounds are helped on the PC at home, which is where I should do the post.

Even if the mother makes all her saves, that wall will do a good chunk of damage!!!

7 hours ago, Shadeus said:

@herastor - Once again, that was an amazing turn! Well done!

4 hours ago, Papa Bear said:

Niiiiiice

I was hoping I could update at work as we are doing special Olympics for floor hockey today and I am phenomenally bored as I always am for the past few Sp. Olympic event (basket ball and soccer). I thought I might be able to update and correct the damage bars tonight. But the Mother will need to move from the wall and I don't know exactly the locations. She moves at 40 feet so will only be able to move ten feet through that wall... I am thinking she can't get out but I don't know for sure since I can't run Roll20 on my phone.

Oh well, light posts are fine on the phone but combat rounds are helped on the PC at home, which is where I should do the post.

Even if the mother makes all her saves, that wall will do a good chunk of damage!!!

Thank you! I was going to do something else actually, until I realized that I might be able to hit the big one with 21d8 damage in one turn.

Oh yeah... Escape artist was 3/3.5 and pathfinder . I keep getting my editions mixed up. My brain is full and stuff is overflowing the Dixie cup. In my defense though, apart from the initial damage, I knew Troben would be fine like it was just a secondary attack.

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I can post again. I'm going to have him keep going down the passage....which is, I'm sure, exactly what he wants.

Do you think this is the demon lord or just a creepy mini-boss?