Ravencrest Tavern (((OOC)))

Papa Bear

• 2 months later...

I don't know if there's a system for automatically closing games so I'm just going to ping this to make sure it stays open. Though, a game I was in a while back, my first Baldr experience, died well before I started this forum here (actually, about the same time as Battle Lands started over at OGMW as Witchy and I were doing a 'game trade')

• 1 month later...

So I might be spotty on Baldr for the next week or two because I have had no time of late to relearn the stuff I figured out during that same game. Really wishing they would just let me work alone or find some permanent people. It's such a colossal waste of my time to train people that will only work here for a night or two.

EDIT: Also no, games will not automatically archive on Baldr. They only did it on OGMW because of old timey server code issues for leaving thousands of games open. Baldr doesn't have that issue and so they don't have an archive feature last I heard.

Edited by Lumovanis (see edit history)

Oh that's nice, though I think maybe I'll have to drop that Witchy game then since its pretty dead and I don't want a list a mile long... or maybe it won't matter. those games will be so far down the list it won't matter and who knows, someone might post something.

I guess the auto-archive thing might have been nice in the sense that, 'yep, its over' sense 🙂

Man, I hope they load up the orc emojis from OGMW. I am going to miss them, especially the :danceorc: one

I was transferring some information over today and was thinking about the Treasury... Would it be better for each character to have their own Treasury page? If so, it would probably be better if you lot did up a post for your own character so that you can edit stuff, at least in the first post. I'm pretty sure I still can over here so if I need to add or change something, I can, and so could you. New items would be listed in new posts.

I'm not sure if Lumo's cool "what are you wearing in each slot" table thing will transfer over nicely, without headaches. If so, and if we decide to go this route, that might be something good to post in the first post.

Anyway, what do you lot think? Just a general Treasury thread or character specific ones? I'll probably still post a general Treasury for items that are not character specific until those items fine a 'home' with one of your toons.

She'll have to learn it from Cobbletop first.

While she's doing that (and teaching something to him in exchange) and looking to talk with Remy Lars, and while Morag begins working on his new bow, Dwaron and Troben might have a look around town.

Of course, you'll probably all want a quick, warm meal and a long night's sleep.

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)

Its been a very long slog for our intrepid heroes and the adrenaline high from defeating a major bad-guy and freeing the Ice People from the Frost Lord's grip soon quells and the aches and pains set in. They move toward the inn, leaving behind the elf who asked to stay behind with Cobbletop, taking a great interest in what the gnome does for his living. Grenval is happy and waves the heroes on. He'd like nothing better than to take on an apprentice.

image.jpeg.f4a39d999b93c569a7eb6b7802c12ffa.jpegOnce inside the inn, Billum, the innkeeper, recognizes the group's weariness immediately. "So glad to see you've returned, milords!" he says, then follows up quickly with "Sit, sit, let ole Billum get you a quick, hot stew, fresh baked bread, and an ale to slake your thirst." He turns quickly and heads back toward the kitchen for the food.

With drink and victuals served, the group finds enough strength to fill their bellies and make their way to their rooms. Billum again waives any fees for them, knowing that they are serving the interests of the unfortunate people of this terrible place... that, and the fact that he's still well stocked of supplies and at the present, there are not a lot of people inhabiting Ravencrest.

The next morning the group wanders down from their room at various times to find their noses filled with the scent of corned beef hash, fried potatoes, and griddle-cakes (pancakes). Billum, ever smiling and apparently, never resting, is there to greet them. "My friends. So glad to see you! I trust you've rested well?" He says, "I think it would be both remiss and selfish of me to not inform you of the 'Guild Hall' that has been set aside on the north side of town for adventurers such as yourselves. There you can claim a room for yourself as many before you have, but eventually, they never return. But it can be your room until such time as its... not. One of my girls works there in her spare time, but for tips and a room to herself. But she's a fair cook. There's no turndown service such as here, but the room will be yours alone."

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)

I know Lumo at least wants to craft the bow. I don't know if that 12 hour window is going to be enough time for them to do what they need to do, as much as I'd like to head into this shadow realm. We might need to wait for another opportunity....but Remy makes it sound like a lovely place! 🤣

Yeah, crafting that bow will assuredly take weeks. Side note, spottiness continues but it's getting better. My training with the new guy is almost done, but we do have a lot going on this week. I'm having to switch my game over to Baldr too this week, so the extra time I have is about to get dunked there. Hopefully by next week I'll finally be good to go again.