Ravencrest Tavern (((OOC)))

Papa Bear

I've never read up on any rules regarding crafting in 5e. If it will take weeks, I don't know off the top of my head how we roll with that... does the group just sit idly by in town while Morag makes his bow? Perhaps a bowyer has come around, but still, that'd mean Morag would have to go off without the bow and miss out on his improvements for longer. Hmmm... maybe a portal to another town or a place where Morag finds a giant bow and the crafted bow can be of a finer quality... suggestions?

Hmm, it takes 10 days to craft a longbow based on the crafting rules (5 gp of crafting per day). Other options to do it faster would be a 2nd-level cleric of the Forge domain could do it in an hour. Also the Fabricate spell (4th-level spell) can do it in 10 minutes.

This site makes me want to hate it more and more. Those old images from the OGMW better work... and the old site better actually be active... I get that as of right now, its possible its all down but should be back up at some point. I just linked a lot of stuff back to the old site instead of transferring it here. I can't believe I have to go back into everything I transferred and provide new links to the og.myth-weavers site. Its like what was done before is half wasted time.

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)

One possibility is to edit the posts and then click on the "Source" button. That will give you the HTML code. You can copy it from there into your favorite text editor (Notepad, word, whatever) and then you can do a find and replace on the old URL for the new one. It's a couple of simple steps, but it can be done quickly.

Hopefully things start improving for me this week. It has been a real headache.

As far as the bow thing, it's possible that having another person helping could speed up the process. If there is a bowyer in town, they could work in tandem and Morag would gladly give them a few gold for their effort.

1 hour ago, Papa Bear said:

you can use the 'clone' button, which is basically like quoting from the old site. It even keeps the size of the images.

Yes, this is what I use. It's only inconvenient when my latest post isn't on the last page of the last post.

I do the same with the clone button. But, when I was cloning the code I copied from the old site, it would only let me edit in the code popup (after it annoyingly removed all my line breaks in the text. Now I should be able to clone, copy it, open the latest post page, and paste it without losing anything and editting in the text box proper.

Possibly, but not necessarily. I've been very busy with my new job position, which I dislike. I'm trying to adjust to the new schedule, which is why I've been dropping games until I can figure out a smooth transition and start picking up games again, provided I can work in the time. This week has been very hectic as I've been gone most of it, which is not something that happens very often so is more of an outlier.

The problem is not Lumo, who's terribly busy (and also rauhric) but me, really. What do I do about that bow? I walked us into a corner with the Shadow Realm :D

I don't want poor Morag to have to go into MORE RPing without getting to use his bow, since that's what Lumo took the feat for and graciously accepted that at the point in the adventure, getting the oversized bow was not realistic. I messed up thinking the group would putter around town for a while (though, not RP time, lot of skipping) and do this or that while Morag worked on the bow... but then I gave up that option of the shadow lands and naturally, our intrepid heroes would volunteer for that.

Maybe I do the bowyer in town and Morag can hire him/her then first encounter, there's some large size skeletal archers so at least our favorite half orc can pick up the large bow that he can eventually trade out for a finely crafted bow. To be sure not to penalize anyone Arcane Essence, I'll say Cobbletop will know another recipe to transfer essence of like types. It would have a high DC, but we'd grant an automatic success for this particular case.

What do you guys think? I am open to suggestions.

You are the DM, so you can do whatever you want! It certainly isn't worth getting the game hung up over a non-magical bow. Especially this game; it's far from grim or gritty and that's just fine.

Herastor already had a good solution. The other is potentially a cleric of the forge, who could also make items quickly. I did expect a few more days of downtime, and that can still be the case. Maybe Remy was being optimistic or wasn't aware that one of the others in her group needed a few days of downtime. There are lots of options here.

Good luck with the job changes! It sounds like it's going to be an adjustment, but hopefully for the best in the long run.