Episode 1 - A New Life in a New City

Niven81

OOC

The party wins Initiative by a hair.

We'll be using the Simplified rules found in Core Rulebook I, So everyone pick your spot and just say it at the beginning of your post.

image.png.1a96e78293d75dd715d62f01683add34.png

NPC Players: Thugs:  (Catlin, Thug1, Thug2, Thug 3), Mysterious Teenage Girl

ICC

Catlin's eyes go wide as his usual intimidation tactics don't seem to work at all on the gathering of adventurers before him.  "Well fine then!" He yells, his voice cracking slightly. "Come at me!"

With his hand taken from the wall, the girl takes the chance to dart forward toward the party, her expression a mix of relieve and fear.

jurofo.jpg.381b649a67c91bfc69da81dda8853655.jpgJuro Fo

Juro takes a step forward, keeping himself on the frontline of the action as the moves to start exchanging blows with this gang of kids.  He sees that some of them are pulling out knives, but he isn't quite ready to turn this into a bloody situation, so he just clenches a fist and picks one of the closest thugs to give a tasty knuckle sandwich.

Name
Knuckle Sandwich Delivery
2d6+4 5,1

Elias

"Alright then, here I come!"

Elias darts enthusiastically towards Catlin, spear pointed forward. However, if Juro doesn't want to escalate things, he'll just stick to bashing the bandit with the flat of his weapon.

Using his spear like a staff, he sends the flat flying into the side of Catlin's head, trying to Help his dwarven companion.

Edited by Abalon (see edit history)
Name
Spear bonk
2d6+4 5,3

Tayrmus Riasgu

spacer.pngHad gave a soft sigh as the men decided to resort to battle then flee. "So be it." Head shaking as he drew his blade and took up a position at the front of his comrades. Both hands holding his large blade as he glanced between his foes. Another head shake before stepping forward and lashing out with the cold steel of his very sharp weapon. Attacking the closest enemy in front of him.

Name
Attack
2d6+3 3,4

Ilduril was wary of drawing first blood, but as Tayrmus just did, there was no going back. From his position behind the group, he puts an arrow into the thug closest to the girl, so he can't stop her from getting away.

ooc: Ilduril is in Allied Rearguard Area. Is anyone in Enemy Rearguard Area?

Name
Bow Attack
2d6+6 6,4

OOC

@hakootoko thug 2 and 3 are in the rear with slings.

I am going to take the liberty this time around to calculate the damage this round (if any). From now on, please go ahead and roll both.

I have watched and that is GMs giving away some information. As such the natural eva. of the Thugs is 10. So only Hakootoko hit this round.

IC players

Catlin is momentarily distracted by the girl's attempt to dart away and is taken by utter surprise when an arrow buries itself into his arm.  Meanwhile Juro Fo darts forward attempting KO the thug. Unfortunately for Juro the young ruffian barely manages to get his guard up in time blocking the knuckle sandwich. Tayrmus also take the opportunity to strike out at Catlin but his swordstrike misses as the thug scurries backwards after Ilduril's arrow strikes him.

IC NPC

Catlin winces in pain as he stumbles back from Tayrmus' blade, his dagger dropping from his pierced arm as scarlet blood soaks through his tunic.  "Oh f---" he wails as he brings up his other hand to his hand to the wound.  Behind him the group can hear the two slingbarers drop their weapons and begin to run away.  Only the first thug, the one who managed to dodge Juro's attack remains, his eyes going red as he sees his injuried friend.  "Bastards!" He screams and takes a swipe at Juro with the DaggerJuro roll Evasion.

Edited by Niven81 (see edit history)
Name
Ilduril Damage Table
2d6 5,3
roll
2d6+4 1,3

• 2 weeks later...

Juro easily evades the clumsy dagger strike as the thug over extends himself. "Leave it, man!" Catlin screeches pulling at his friend's tunic with a bloody hand. "Lets beat it.

With that the last two thugs attempt to run away.

That will be round 1. If you decide to not let them get away please state your combat actions. If you do, assume they are beating feet away from you all as fast as they can, promises of "revenge" and "watch your backs!" echoing off the alley walls.

"I say we let them go, a brief squabble is all this was. A chase through the streets to inflict a sterner lesson will just attract more attention... and we are the strangers in town here."

And with that Juro stretches a bit, cracks a few knuckles and relaxes.

Tayrmus Riasgu

spacer.pngHe came to a quick stop as the men took to running away from them. His sword swiftly being sheathed once more. Head shaking just a little as he cast a gaze to the others and their attire. Finding it rather incredulous they would attempt to intimidate them when blood caused them to flee upon first seeing it. Head shaking as he turned back towards the others and the young lady they had helped.

IC

OldManWanderer_beautiful_girl_with_long_cherry_red_hair_and_cle_5ccae75a-c6c9-4a6c-92f6-0a5437e0877e.png.8a26e70278010345228a4f84f545b4f6.png The quiet background noise of the city returns as the thugs disappear deep into the gloom of the narrow alleys. All in all the entire encounter was less than a minute. Looking at you all the young fiery haired girl, nods.

"I am fine, good Elf." She looks at the rest of the group and offers her thanks in turn to each. "I am sorry to have dragged you all into my misfortunes but am also glad that you were."

Pushing off the wall, she looks left and right before sighing deeply and slumping her shoulders. "Would any of you know how to find The Faraway Thunder Adventurer's Guild?" She let's out another puff of air. "I was supposed to be accompanied by my Governess but she is apparently more lost than me." She looks up at the sky. "Oh and it's getting late, I'm going to miss my appointment."

Edited by Niven81 (see edit history)

Juro smooths out his mustache and grins, "Your luck continues to improve then, we are headed that way ourselves. Why don't you come with us, we know the way." He points off in the vaguely correct direction, after a quick reorientation, to avoid the previous incident of pointing in the wrong way for a moment.

Tayrmus Riasgu

spacer.pngHe came to a quick stop as the men took to running away from them. His sword swiftly being sheathed once more. Head shaking just a little as he cast a gaze to the others and their attire. Finding it rather incredulous they would attempt to intimidate them when blood caused them to flee upon first seeing it. Head shaking as he turned back towards the others and the young lady they had helped.

IC

OldManWanderer_beautiful_girl_with_long_cherry_red_hair_and_cle_5ccae75a-c6c9-4a6c-92f6-0a5437e0877e.png.8a26e70278010345228a4f84f545b4f6.png The girl looks at the group, weighing her options, she looks back into the darkness of the deeper alley and biting her lip, turns and nods her fiery head.

"Alright,." she says with false confidence. "I put myself in your hands." With that she places her hand across her chest and making a slight bow, introduces herself. "I am Franset, daughter of Loren." She peeks up toward the group, judging there reactions than moves on. "I thank you for you offer and will gladly take your guidance to our destination."

Together with Franset the party moves on hoping to reach The Faraway Thunder before sunset. Thankful the rest of the journey is rather boring, with Franset herself offering the only entertainment as she marvels at the stalls, food, and other trappings of a busy Port City in a way not even the most innocent of rural bumpkins would have.

Soon enough the group reaches The Faraway Thunder. A bell chimes as they enter to find a large hall that seems more like a tavern than an Adventurer's Guild Hall. stairs lead off to a second floor with many rooms that thanks to a balcony that rings the hall overlook the hall itself. In one corner an overly large and intricate stone fireplace has a massive and warm fire already burning, a few worn leather arm chairs surrounding it.

From a desk across from the door an old dwarf clears his throat.

"Well, are you all here to gawk or is there business you have with the Guild."

"