Application

Grillo Guy

Write a little about yourself
Hello! My name is Dennis. I have already played lots of PbP games, both as a player character as well as a GM. My knowledge of Middle-Earth comes from the book (though it was quite a long time ago), and from watching the movies and the newer tv shows as well. I've already played Ironsworn solo and started a co-op game once but it was short-lived because the other players were not so committed. What I look for in a PbP game is proactivity from the other players and good communication in and out of character. I also look for games where problems may be solved by multiple approaches.

State system of preference
I'm very interested in playing the Ironsworn game.

Concepts pitch
I used the TOR online character generator link to inspire me for possible characters, and the idea of a character I'd most like to play would be a 3-heart (thinking of a default stat array character) Hobbit named Morell Gardner.
I'm envisioning Morell as one of the older kids of a Hobbit family that lives in Bree. He's a sincere, generous, and anxious guy who works in the family business of gardening and making something with the produce: spices for cooking, ingredients for poultices and elixirs, etc. He would probably be far from home because he and his trusted Hound would have accompanied a traveling merchant with some of the family's products.

Maybe Morell had known about the Brandybuck family's business, though... Maybe one of his siblings is married to one of the Brandybucks' kids who lives in Bree, and he had plans to go see how they were and how the business was going there, and maybe he
could learn something with them to take back to his family's own business and apply there too.

Upon hearing of the tragedy that had befallen the Brandybucks of the Easterly Inn, he could be trying to find some more information, or trying to find people to exact justice... or just waiting for a caravan to go back home and send the news

On 4/9/2023 at 9:05 AM, Grillo Guy said:

Maybe Morell had known about the Brandybuck family's business, though... Maybe one of his siblings is married to one of the Brandybucks' kids who lives in Bree, and he had plans to go see how they were and how the business was going there, and maybe he
could learn something with them to take back to his family's own business and apply there too.

Upon hearing of the tragedy that had befallen the Brandybucks of the Easterly Inn, he could be trying to find some more information, or trying to find people to exact justice... or just waiting for a caravan to go back home and send the news

I mentioned this at the original site, but the hooks look good; please feel free to put them in the context of Morell's backstory, if you want, and if you need help or have questions, please feel free to reach out! Once the backstory is complete, I am happy to suggest some prompts (or you can). No pressure though-I just thought I'd pop in, in case you were waiting for me to say something.

Ok, so here's some possible prompts for you. If you would like to, you can take elements of one (or more) to come up with hooks that would motivate Morell to stay in Wilderland, instead of returning to Bree. Obviously, you can also ignore these or come up with your own if you prefer.

• Soon after arriving in Wilderland, in Beorn's Hall, Morell learns that the Easterly Inn has been destroyed. If you want, you can write about how he reacts to the news, and why despite of them he decides not to return, but to stay in Wilderland.
  • Another one (though less important) task of the caravan was to carry a message from Gandalf to Radagast, a "member of his order" as the old wizard had put it. If you want, you can write a flashback scene explaining the relationship between Gandalf and Morell, and why he was chosen for this task.
  • Morell learns that the only survivor of the attack at the Easterly Inn was a dwarf named Frier. Why does he seek him out? How does this task take him to the villages of the Woodmen?