Through the Looking Glass

ArcaneDesperado

Raalk Gremweldspacer.png

It was not without concern for their safety that Raalk left the Genasi village, but he was called elsewhere, as they knew very well. With one last glance down the ground, he veered his eyes toward the North-East, where his course now lay. Hours after hours they rode the pteranodon, moving at a speed far beyond what could have been achieved on the ground indeed. Of course Dragons could fly too, and that only added to their might and prestige, but that had never been a natural element for Raalk so far. Perhaps he would have to tame it eventually, but the water just felt so much more... embracing, at the moment.

As the night slowly came closer and they landed, the Trollkin was glad the river was within reach, and that he could wash and swim before sleeping. But he was not alone anymore on this trip.

"(Primordial) I can see fairly well too, but I understand of course that our ride needs to rest. This has been quite some travel, I must say. As for the wood, I don't mind picking it, but aren't you afraid it might attract attentions, from Judows for instance ? From what you implied, we are now mostly away from their grounds, right ? And into other creatures, perhaps ? (/Primordial)" the proud Oracle knew no fear of course, but it would just be to dumb to give away safety just for some comfort if it wasn't required.

OOC

HP : 60

Effects :

Actions this round:

Free action : -

Swift action : -

Move action : -

Standard action : -

Already Cast :

Level 1 Level 2 Level 3
Slots 7 6 4
Cast 1   2

image.png.83d069bdd4db254b8c8acf966711e909.pngSamaa mildly shrugged.

I figured some cooked food would be better than dried travel rations. It's warm enough that we shouldn't need a fire in the evening, though it would likely keep the wildlife away. It could draw the attention of other more intelligent species in the jungle. The Judow however are likely gone for awhile, and we made good travel time. They are on foot. It is unlikely they would reach us by the time we would be traveling again. I will not lie, the idea of a few hours of good rest would not be unwelcome after all the spells today.

She sat the little water elemental' container down and let it out to bubble around and down to the river.

We can probably get about half a days travel tomorrow before we start to get to far from its nest and it starts to fight me to turn around. At that point we will need to set down and make the rest of the trip on foot.

Raalk Gremweldspacer.png

Lady Samaa made a very fair point about the day's events and their toll on her energy. Not everyone had the Trollkin's resilence, after all. And if she assessed they would be safe here, what did he know of the land to gainsay her, really ? So Raalk graciously went along with her preference.

"(Primordial) If you say it is safe, then safe it is. We are barely starting our travel, so let's make sure we start rested, and set up a fire then. I'll go fetch wood, and after that fish a bit. We will probably in rougher spots later when we will have no choice, so we might as well make us a little bit comfortable while we can, since it is safe. (/Primordial)" of course, the Oracle also intended to keep his spear close by during the night, but that was just par for the course while in the wild.

Looking at their steed, the Trollkin once again wished they could have such help back in his village. He missed the place, but he was too commited to his mission, he had made it his life goal to serve the Dragons "(Primordial) It wants to go home, of course. Who could blame it ? For some, the path is just a little bit longer. So we'll walk starting from tomorrow.

May I ask something else ? How long have you been living in the Genasi village ? Does it really feel like your home ? Are you leaving with the intent of going back there for good eventually ? (/Primordial)"

If they were to travel for weeks, perhaps months, they might as well get to know each other a little bit. And if she was too tired, there would be plenty of time later anyway.

OOC

Effects :

Actions this round:

Already Cast :

Level 1 Level 2 Level 3
Slots 7 6 4
Cast 1   2

image.png.83d069bdd4db254b8c8acf966711e909.pngSamaa paused for a moment.

I have been with the village since I was hatched. I was advised that a group of divers found my egg at the bottom of the river one day when out fishing. The egg was brought back to the village and cared for. I imagine a few were disappointed when I hatched at was not an actual dragon, but what you see before you.

She gave a half smile.

Still, they raised me and took care of me. Though one such as myself even amongst the likes of the Genasi was always the odd on out. For a people that combine their souls with elementals, all the physical changes they go through... One such as myself is more the abnormality.

Samaa shook her head a bit.

It is home... But I would know nothing different to compare it to. This is the farthest I have been out and away from the village since I was born. So I dont know if I will go back. I have many things that I have not experienced. Things, places, people, I have not seen.

Raalk Gremweldspacer.png

The Oracle was too deferential to scoff, so he instead remained stoic and listened to Lady Samaa's history with due respect. And that made him think before answering...

"(Primordial) I grew in a village named Uruk. It is very isolated too. And there are only Trollkins, of course. Sometimes we see human traders, but they are rare. (/Primordial)" to be talking about it brought back memories of course. He had left months ago now, and he missed playing with the chilldren in the waves, or diving in the coral reef that protected the village, with its luxurious life. Or even father West the deep reef where he could meet the Nereid. But now he had a mission to complete, something much bigger than himself to contribute to.

"(Primordial) And we are all very much seamen by trade, whether shipwrights, fishers, divers, or anything else. We of course hunt in the jungle, and we have a couple of farms, but far and large we favor the sea. Among all of us, I am the one favoring it the most. I have never felt more at my place than swimming in the ocean, surrounded on all sides by water, with endless horizons of it on all sides. And that made me stood out too. (/Primordial)"

It had never actually hurt to be so different in his village, but Raalk had still felt it deeply. Even in his village, his bone-deep lust for the sea had pegged him as an odd one.

"(Primordial) I have not traveled much, not at all, but from what I have seen...Anywhere there is a group, things turn out that someone is the odd one. You just gotta live with it, I guess. (/Primordial)" and he shrugged.

"(Primordial) Or leave and find somewhere else where you belong more, perhaps.... (/Primordial)" he completed for the Vayemniri benefit.

"(Primordial) I have something to do, as you know. But you can count on me during our travel. I will not let you down. (/Primordial)" and after that he set to place a couple of nets in the river to fish, and gather firewood to last the night. Thanks to his parting gift from his village, he really one needed a couple of hours of sleep, so he would watch over her rest as a faithful vigil, and make sure the fire would be properly tended to.

OOC

Effects :

Actions this round:

Already Cast :

Level 1 Level 2 Level 3
Slots 7 6 4
Cast 1   2