Questions or clarification of any rules on plant time forgot

wrathgon

How to use the career building classes

Any of the assignments that are classified as service means you can only be assigned if you have a level in that professional class. Each term is a four-year placement can you roll for the various DCs to complete the four-year term. You can choose to continue in consecutive terms as long as you make the reenlistment role. At the end of your professional career you are able to roll on the tables that Grant you benefits for finishing your terms under that profession. Some professional paths do not require you to have levels in the class any that are not service anyone can join and sign up for a four-year term.

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Your wording for the Knowledge portion is weird... Can you write out a few number-filled examples, along with how the rolls would work?

Just to confirm, the Drone Familiar option is only a Drone and not an Exocortex?

The Exploit option allows for multiple times, based on Cha mod. I assume this has a base requirement of 12+ Cha?

Techno-Miraculous, is there some way of delaying/retraining to get the double slots to line up properly?

You used the words 'flaws' and 'choose'. What is the number of options that will be presented per flaw?

Will you be adjusting the Gunslinger to this new crafting system?

I haven't digested it all yet, but I will drop those off for now.

the flaws as said will be chosen (and created) by me and I would give 3 choices for each flaw so a total of 6 and you have to take 2.

The I look at the Gunslinger but if it uses crafting should just use new rules.

Techno-Miraculous can pay for first one then another later, some small benefit would be given if only part is paid first

updated post to reflect other questions

This point caught my attention: 'When crafting a piece of SF equipment'
Do these rules not have applications to cross-system crafting? For example, are other skills/feats required?

The selling intrigues me, as a player could break down items at 10% rate without merchants, which results in raw crafting goods. (Portable Grinder)

I think the rest is fairly straightforward at this time.

I'd recommend some consolidation and clarifications.

Confusing Contradiction:

On 6/10/2023 at 1:26 PM, wrathgon said:

Without the Technologist feat, Craft (mechanical) can still be used to craft less advanced forms of technology such as gears, hinges, and pulleys. NPCs with the means of crafting technological items are extremely rare, and it is not assumed that PCs have access to such resources.

everyone is considered to have Technologist without skill bonus ( You are considered to be trained in any skill used against a technology-based subject. If the skill in question requires training to use even against non-technological subjects, you must still have ranks in that skill in order to gain the benefit of Technologist.

Correct "equipment level" typo still there.

You cannot use anything that you are not the correct weapon. You can trick the item into thinking you are correct level but can only go up 2 levels and it's a DC 15 +5 DC per level to a max of 2 (so DC 25) if the item is from your own system or world and DC 20 base if not. Engineering check or Knowledge Tech roll.

Are all PCs getting a favored class bonus of +1 Skill or +1 HP, or just the PF classes?

so normally in PF when trying to interact with tech-based subjects or items you are counted as untrained, so picking up a mono sword to use you are not trained in it even if have skill in swords. The feat allows you to be counted as trained when interacting with tech (as default PF characters really cant)

Since everyone is counting as having feat the first statement is moot.

No, so no one is taking the favored classes, d20 got a boost in skills by making a knowledge 1 skill saving lots for those that take each skill one on one, and PF and SF have gotten a boost to skills points AND merged skills so don't need to take separate skill for things like stealth and perception. By allowing specialized skills they can get 2 more points up on skills they want to be good at.

Yes, that will be like going to a merchant. There will be some items you can sell for more, anything analog can be easily checked by the merchant and could get you the std 50% but any tech, they go no idea if this will break 5 min after you leave. Again some merchants may be able to check better than others so there are chances you get more, just the std is 10% ( I was a bit surprised till I thought about it. A sword you can see check easier even magic can be identified but tech there always can be an unseen problem with it.)

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

@Sohala were you asking about updating this?

Benefit: If you have access to a gunsmith’s kit, you can create and restore firearms, craft bullets, and mix black powder for all types of firearms. You do not need to make a Craft check to create firearms and ammunition or to restore firearms.

Crafting Firearms: You can craft any early firearm for a cost in raw materials equal to half the price of the firearm. At your GM’s discretion, you can craft advanced firearms for a cost in raw materials equal to half the price of the firearm. Crafting a firearm in this way takes 1 day of work for every 1,000 gp of the firearm’s price (minimum 1 day).

Crafting Ammunition: You can craft bullets, pellets, and black powder for a cost in raw materials equal to 10% of the price. If you have at least 1 rank in Craft (alchemy), you can craft alchemical cartridges for a cost in raw materials equal to half the price of the cartridge. At your GM’s discretion, you can craft metal cartridges for a cost in raw materials equal to half the cost of the cartridge. Crafting bullets, black powder, or cartridges takes 1 day of work for every 1,000 gp of ammunition (minimum 1 day).

Restoring a Broken Firearm: Each day, with an hour’s worth of work, you can use this feat to repair a single firearm with the broken condition. You can take time during a rest period to restore a broken firearm with this feat.

Special: If you are a gunslinger, this feat grants the following additional benefit. You can use this feat to repair and restore your initial, battered weapon. It costs 300 gp and 1 day of work to upgrade it to a masterwork firearm of its type.

So it would be using new crafting rules the ammo would be very simple