Out of Character

Witchslasher

I'd like to keep things here to get more used to this new site setup.

@Witchslasher So, what power level are you looking at? Are we playing hard mode, should I use hand crossbow + expertise nonsense? Or should I dial it back a touch and stick with a heavy crossbow?

Edited by Lumovanis (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Lumovanis said:

I'd like to keep things here to get more used to this new site setup.

@Witchslasher So, what power level are you looking at? Are we playing hard mode, should I use hand crossbow + expertise nonsense? Or should I dial it back a touch and stick with a heavy crossbow?

Mid? I hate broken stuff. Almost to the point of houseruling some things I think are way too good (I'm not there though, so no worries).. I have a Ranger/Rogue sharpshooter in another game and him doing 80 damage in one round is rather obscene..

That being said, make what you think will be fun even if it might be broken. Just maybe not the other way around (don't make something broken because you think it'll be fun :))

I don't know if that made sense LOL

I'll stick with the heavy crossbow then, probably make it my artifact (rite adds damage to each weapon hit, so at this level the hand crossbow would be dealing 2d6 each hit not counting sneak attack 1/round, which would be a lot combined with Sharpshooter as well, firing 3 shots per round). Getting a sort of Witcher meets Van Helsing vibe. That all said, my character creation is temporarily delayed as a certain website I like to use for creation was hit by hackers this week and their servers are offline until late tomorrow or Saturday.

I don't do discord

... unless I'm in a raid group in an MMO doing a dungeon... which I don't do very often because those can be so boring (good gear drops... potentially)

I'm still swaying back and forth on character ideas.  I've not gotten to start a toon at level 7 before... would be nice to get a couple classes up a bit or really dive in and get 'everything' in one class.  I'm tempted to play a fighter but I've played so many of them... BUT never past level 4.  

maybe a halfling paladin with the catchphrase "Death from Below!"  I said pally but 32 inches of whirling fury as a halfer barbarian would be much funnier but someone's called a barb.  That's cool.  I have a 6th level barb in a face to face game.

Casters are so tempting... an actual array of spells to use and past all of the 'I cast a spell, now I've only got one spell left" phase.

So I separated out the rules threadgroup from the characters one.

When you have a solid idea, please start a new topic there and start building things out so they don't get lost in the thread.

We'll go ahead and stick with just the board for OOC. I also have a Roll20 open for us to use maps. You can find the link in the Rules thread group under "Maps". Let me know if you have any issues joining it.

I've started building. Linked the DDB sheet to the main header. 

The appearance / information is pretty basic right now, so if there are additional items you'd like me to put in, just let me know. I try to keep things pretty easy for DMs (knowing the pain of looking in a million places to find one-to-two pieces of info). 🙂

I learn by stealing other people's 🙂

Go Lumo Go!

Actually, I'm still struggling on what I should be.  Artificer has come to mind now as I've actually never played one.

So apparently my image formatting woes stem from my browser at home, which kinda sucks. So I can only really edit images at work overnight when copy/pasted. Bwatford was working with me on those issues until we discovered the problem and reported it. Artificers are neat, though their subclasses really can alter their playstyle, especially as a pure build. I'm fond of armor and alchemist as supports. Really depends on what you want to do (though armorer with a suit of magic platemail can be fun, since they use armor as their focus). I always thought an artificer armorer + abjuration wizard would be a neat frontline support.

On 5/24/2022 at 9:39 AM, spyrosbaldr said:

I'll need to bow out, work is burying me between this week and last, not sure when I'll find time for this.  Hope y'all have a fun romp through this dungeon! 🤘

Best luck!

If anyone knows someone who may be interested, let me know, otherwise I'm good with 4. @SMARTAgentKC you still working on your character?