Character Creation Q&A

Eborne1

Ok, so ... one can list Deadly Aim (or Power Attack ...) on the character sheet as a 'free feat' more or less as a reminder to oneself that this applies, but, in essence, these 'feats' are now a normative game option (for +1 or better BAB).  Sorry to be a bit dense here ... EitR is a new thing for me and it has been a while since I've run PF1E.  

So the character can choose another feat as DA (in my case) doesn't actually take up a slot.  

=================

Another question, this time on Background Skills.  Since Handle Animal and Profession (Camel Herder!!) are become "Background Skills," I can put one point into each (2 total) as my 2/level background skill points, freeing up otherwise accrued points for the skills that remain Adventuring Skills?

I figured that Knowledge (Geography) - a Ranger Class Skill - should be 0 to start given the way the story/adventure begins.  

Re: Feats: Correct
Re: Background Skills: Correct 
Re: Kn. Geography:  I meant to address this, so thank you for reminding me.  Please standby for a ruling on that one, in regard to the amnesia.    

I look forward to the ruling on Kn. Geography as my character currently has Kn. Local and Kn. Nobility.

I was thinking that maybe they would only apply if the characters can remember the information through their blocked memories (assuming they're all from Trellund).

1 hour ago, Brian Skies said:

Would it be safe to assume some of the wooden swords in the facility are wooden short swords?

They're pretty basic.  Some are a little longer or shorter than others.  

1 hour ago, Leonidas1789 said:

My character can pick five languages besides common (high Int + 1 point in Linguistics). Would the following list make sense in the Trellunnd setting: orcish, gnomish, elvish, gnoll, kuru? 

Those would be sound choices.  I've recently expanded on the 'People' section on the Knowledge and Discoveries page.  I recommend looking there for ideas.  

1 minute ago, Brian Skies said:

The Setting Q&A says we only know Common. Are we amending that to allow our characters to learn our initial starting languages?

Ah... Very good.  I forgot that I'd previously ruled that.  The game is evolving a bit from how I initially set it up because I realize players may feel uninspired if the slate is TOO blank. 

For the sake of 'The FACILITY', it can be presumed that only Common is known and spoken.  But go ahead and fill in your "previously known languages".   They and "knowledge skills" will be reincorporated sooner than later, once the game starts.       

I noted the following from @Eborne1 regarding an Application: Also, did you choose the Half-Orc's 'Brawler' favored class bonus?  Otherwise, she needs +1 HP or +1 Skill Point.   

Does this mean that we should select/fill out a favored class and bonus?  I was under the impression that this was on hold until the adventure was started c.f. (*Favored Classes will be selected later on with retroactive Favored Class bonuses applied at that time)?  

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

Umm... that's a good point.  I suppose some players' favored class is in one that is not yet available. 
Considering the limited options, I'll rule that Everyone can apply +1 HP or +1 Skill point at First Level, regardless of whether you leveled in your planned favored class. 

If it IS your favored class... then apply the normal bonus or HP/Skill as usual. (Not both)       

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, Eborne1 said:

I'll rule that Everyone can apply +1 HP or +1 Skill point at First Level, regardless of whether you leveled in your planned favored class.      

👍