A: Yes... Get in here.   

Q: Any Archetype restrictions beyond the "No magic rule"

A: No (Unless told otherwise)

Q: Are Alternate Race Traits Allowed

A: Yes (unless told otherwise)     

Q: Unchained Classes? 

A: UC Rogue only

Q: Swashbucklers and Brawlers?

A: Sure, I'll add them to the list of available classes.  

Q: Can I make an Asian Character?

A:  Yes, there is not yet an Asian or specifically Eastern themed location, but you make a small one, from which your character originates... otherwise Humans are all different looking and live amongst one another.

Q: Should I pick Knowledge Skills?

A: Yes.  Knowledge checks just won't be available until characters are notified otherwise.  

Q: Should I pick languages?

A: Yes, choose them as normal.  But until notified otherwise, they only recall how to speak Common.   

Q: Favored Class Bonuses?

A: If your preferred favored class is not one of the starting classes, you may take the +1 Skill/HP as normal until your class becomes available.     

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Casual Viking said:

I just gotta ask.... are you sure pathfinder is the right game for what you are trying to do here? 

Yeah, you would probably go more mile with Fate or Barebone

15 hours ago, Casual Viking said:

I just gotta ask.... are you sure pathfinder is the right game for what you are trying to do here? 

You may be correct but I am most familiar with Pathfinder and this is my first DMing experience on the weave, so I went with what I'm comfortable with.  I think the game will fall into normal strides sooner than later and the expansion of options will hopefully feel nice at that time and coincide well with events in the game.

I'm setting up another unorthodox game right now, too, which will also be Pathfinder, though perhaps also better suited to another system. Idk.         

13 hours ago, Steel Warrior said:

Any restrictions to class archetypes other than anything that grants spellcasting of course, and any issue with alternate race traits?

No restrictions (for now) to either of those.  I'll just say I withhold the power to redact all former rulings if I come across something I don't like.       

Hrrm, I know Evil Characters are a bit of a preference one, I had a thought to reuse and old Lawful Evil Fighter/Anti-paladin/Bloodrager build, adjusted to this game of course. Would a Lawful Evil, honorable squire work as a concept? I would not try to cause conflict with the other players in the group, and the plan is kind of Lawful Neutral->Lawful Evil as well, so not starting as evil. I'm just uncertain if this could work and how to convince I won't derail the game. 

In addition, when you say

Elephant in the Room: Yes

Do you mean the relatively shorter list of changes shown here, or the more expansive changes found in the rules document? One difference I noticed (since I'm looking at using Monk) was that the document combines Improved Unarmed Strike and Improved Grapple into a new feat, Unarmed Combatant, while the initial web page does not affect either of those feats.

9 hours ago, saithor said:

Hrrm, I know Evil Characters are a bit of a preference one, I had a thought to reuse and old Lawful Evil Fighter/Anti-paladin/Bloodrager build, adjusted to this game of course. Would a Lawful Evil, honorable squire work as a concept? I would not try to cause conflict with the other players in the group, and the plan is kind of Lawful Neutral->Lawful Evil as well, so not starting as evil. I'm just uncertain if this could work and how to convince I won't derail the game. 

From what I've seen of your play style I wouldn't automatically suspect you'd intentionally upset the game.  My suggestion is to write up the character if you wish and provide a summary of their personality and disposition in that portion of the application to give an idea of what makes them evil and how they handle it.     

5 hours ago, Keante said:

Are you allowing the Unchained versions of monk and rogue, or were you going for the original versions only?

3 hours ago, Keante said:

In addition, when you say

Do you mean the relatively shorter list of changes shown here, or the more expansive changes found in the rules document? One difference I noticed (since I'm looking at using Monk) was that the document combines Improved Unarmed Strike and Improved Grapple into a new feat, Unarmed Combatant, while the initial web page does not affect either of those feats.

➡️I was on the fence here, but I'm going to say NO to Unchained classes.  Contrary to popular opinion, I think Monks and Rogues have a lot to offer a party without needing to be THE FIGHTER.  (Just my opinion)

➡️Lets go with the FIRST of those EITR options.  I added the link to the Character Creation Guidelines... ( I thought I already had, but apparently not)

I have to ask, why just those four classes?  There's plenty of other classes with no magic, most notably the barbarian, which is core.  Not to mention swashbuckler, which is a common fantasy archetype that's otherwise hard to do using other classes (especially if you're chaining the rogues.)

Edited by Boss Muro (see edit history)

12 hours ago, Boss Muro said:

I have to ask, why just those four classes?  There's plenty of other classes with no magic, most notably the barbarian, which is core.  Not to mention swashbuckler, which is a common fantasy archetype that's otherwise hard to do using other classes (especially if you're chaining the rogues.)

I considered barbarian, but wasn't sure how far into the game I would go before opening up other options and didn't want to get into barbarian powers too early which can border on magical in nature.  

Originally I was going to start out with just NPC classes.  In the end I decided on the four I listed, mostly because I want players to have a decent foundation for different modes of combat out of the gate, but would prefer if the game were more focused on narrative and roleplay than mechanics building.

So I went with the stripped down options but i will allow swashbuckler and brawler

I will allow Swashbuckler.  

I'll add it to the class options.  

On 4/25/2023 at 9:13 AM, Eborne1 said:

brawler

Funny you should mention that…

I was considering a brawler.  How would you feel about allowing a character to transubstatiate into it after multiclassing as fighter and monk?  

Not committing to the idea.  Swashbuckling with no memory seems fun.  Just running some ideas around in my head.

On 4/24/2023 at 9:51 AM, Eborne1 said:

Contrary to popular opinion, I think Monks and Rogues have a lot to offer a party without needing to be THE FIGHTER.  (Just my opinion)

Not sure what that has to do with Unchained.  

The Unchained rules seemed more about refining the classes within their own specialties.  Unchained Rogues are not more fighty.  They are better at being Rogues.  With your allowance of the Elephant in the Room means the Finesse Feat that Unchained gives becomes a moot point.  EitR makes that available to all classes.  So what the Unchained Rogue gets that you are disallowing is Debilitating Injury and Rogue's Edge.  Taking away an option to do things other than lethal damage and their skill focus.  Neither of which is particularly fighter oriented.