OCC: Jobs

wrathgon

well, that was a bit of short combat, I did advance though heh. That is not how I saw that going at all. We need a new lift tube(20k) lucky its only the one from the bridge to the conversation deck so not used that much.

there was no check to use it with, was a simple spell cast. Right now the dot is on one of 3 planets that have been named in novels in the outreaches of the setting heh

that is what it was

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/umbralBlot.htm but its a remake of something even more scary, a immortal Blackball that is what Theo thought it was

http://creaturespotlight.blogspot.com/2015/02/blackball.html love this in the official write of the MM: Disintegrate: Any magical or non-magical object or person who simply touches the Blackball is destroyed. There is no saving throw. You are dead. Your items are gone. Life sucks.

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

I have some questions! Is the Captain and the Crew seen as a party or as You and then us?

Because as far as i was aware,Deacon had an encounter with is, as did Willow and Xedig...Willow and Xedig are no longer here to collect any reward,unless Captain has something that could save retrieve them from the black ball encounter or we are just using it to rid ourselves of now dormant npc's.

But since the creature was i presume killed...Does Deacon and the rest of the Crew get xp for the surviving the encounter when we all could've been at risk,but survived..

Interesting point was Deacon,Willow and Xedig went... glad Kara didnt for whatever reason,but also where was our Head of Security Ozen when crap went down.?

Just throwing that out there,for you or your Gm whoever ran the encounter....

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)

It doesn't appear to have been killed, just teleported somewhere else. Looked like Theo was pouring lava at it from a portal and it flew through it so it's simply "somewhere else" That old description was hilarious though. 

1 hour ago, cheezal said:

But since the creature was i presume killed...

Was just clarifying that it was stated to explicitly NOT have been killed. So the thing is still out there which, we'll have to keep in mind. Also seeing as it was essentially a cutscene, it'd be a stretch to say we were at any risk. We all had zero relevant actions to the conflict. I mean the creature was apparently CR 32 XD 

21 hours ago, cheezal said:

Doesn't techniqually have to have been killed for xp, just you have to defeat the encounter.. Capt. clamed he got 20k for the fight?

Xp is earned when you learn something from an encounter. Capt learned multiple things when combating it how to deal in future by own actions in combat. Deacan gets some xp for not dying. Dying precludes you from Gaining XP for that call back. I did not say how much xp but i didnt need much to lvl 5k to be exact so i got that, would get alot more if defeated.

As for first question yes its a us vs you because if capt gets involved the enounter is judged as his CR not your.

Now the second portion of XP is how dangerous the encounter was you to lose your life. Now technically according to my DM as long as Theo is with your party I should be reducing your XP earned because there isn't any danger, he will bring you back to life with any kind of mistake or cock up you guys do. Same way is why he never gets any XP because he's never a danger of actually being in danger because he's a lich and his soul is safely tucked away in a gem. Even in this account there my DM's like so you get disintegrated you come back in one to 10 days so there was no danger of loss of life ever for him.

What he does get is xp for learning how to combat in future.

10 hours ago, wrathgon said:

. We wont know the tech until meet them right? We should move 30 min out drop the ring and come back incase of trouble. Does mean u cant just jump out immediately though.

Is the ring the Captain mentioned something our PCs have been made aware of? I kinda don't get what he's suggesting we do here. Is he refering to the puddle jumper? 

no your time jump drive is not part of the ship, it's a P11 cloaked ring that sits around the ship, when we jump to new galaxies we drop it in the middle of nowhere so if anything happens to the ship we still have the time jump drive to fall back on. It is linked to the main ship and Capt has made it clear that he and no one he has access to can relink it to a new ship so if we lose the Wandering Star this might as well be lost as well but we still are careful since it can be damaged in firefights etc.

It's info you all should be housing in the bottle anytime you leave the ship or are in danger of being boarded or captured as well. Its clear based on some of the updated systems on the ship he had access to a highly advanced race at some point that did a bunch of things to the ship but he could never repair or replace things like the White Hole Generator

(White Holes are theories that cant even be proven in TL 9 societies and not only do you have one but you got something that is using a TRAPPED one to give the ship unlimited power (Which is what is needed for the OTHER crazy tech system that is your time jump drive which does not exist in any TL 9 society either (they have the choice of either stopping inside the ship and leaving outside flowing normal or outside the ship with inside flowing normally. NONE have the ability to do BOTH at the same time, their science tells them it's impossible(like White Holes) but here we are using one... 

Scanners just come up with an error when they scan any of these systems. (other systems that are from the same level are the internal Time guns that freeze anyone not keyed who is the crew for like 12 hours) The Doctor inferred he knew something about what had done the upgrades but Capt quickly changed subject 😉

Just like to point out two points.

Kartesh looks at the Captain...and thinks "Captain! do we know these people well enough to fully trust them?"

"Do you know if they have the ability to read minds,and if they can't have you read theirs to see what you can learn about them?"

To which the Captain replied..

Capt scuffs " my dear Kar Tesh when did i make you believe i can mind read? I deal with the dead not the living. As for enough scatch that 80k pays the other crew for month so none of you are making anything yet. We wont know the tech until meet them right? We should move 30 min out drop the ring and come back incase of trouble. Does mean u cant just jump out immediately though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to my couple of points...

Kartesh didnt Say a thing audibly,as  it says He thinks and the conversation he said.. so he was projecting his mind so that the Captain could read his mind..

But i did it at the time,when our guests were either not yet there,or on their way up and so that even if they did get there before he had finished,unless they could read minds themselves,it wouldn't be detected.

Now what i find then funny is the Captain says paraphrasing! Kartesh! what makes you believe i can mind read..

If they were present,unless they can read minds..suddenly they see the Captain respond to no one even speaking saying "what makes you believe i can mind read.", which by that very comment shows he can.. or is a nut job and just randomly says stuff that makes no sense..

So you tell me how you want to play that out? Tell me if they were in our presence when it was said or not? and then we can continue.

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)

There is a difference between reading someone's mind in other words reading their private thoughts that they're trying to hide and receiving a message directed to him which he can receive that's called telepathy telepathy and mind reading are completely two different powers I can talk to their minds and they can respond to me but I cannot read their minds to find out things they are not directly speaking to me about