OOC: Welcome to the Alliterative Allegorical-Adjective Animal Alehouse

CharmingSatyr

My post here isn't funny - I need Chappie to use some of his treasure to buy a better sword and I'd like him to try and brew some anti-plague and dig up whatever information he can about the errand he is supposed to do.

That's three things. Buying a new weapon is not that much of a time consuming task since you're in a big city.

The other two -- alchemy and investigation -- will take a little longer. Which one is your priority?

I was so tempted to have Nykla say something to the effect of "I'd call you the best whore in the city, but I think our dear Queen has you beat there" but that just didn't quite seem very productive of her in this context. :rofl:

Just posting proof of life here. I owe you guys posts, but has felt daunting copying Maria over. I hope tomorrow or Friday I'll be caught up.

On 3/5/2024 at 1:57 AM, CharmingSatyr said:

That's three things. Buying a new weapon is not that much of a time consuming task since you're in a big city.

The other two -- alchemy and investigation -- will take a little longer. Which one is your priority?

I guess given the fact that he's in a city full of plague, Chappie had better brew the anti-plague before he sets out to figure out what is going on with Deyanira's brother, so I will make brewing anti-plague the immediate priority, followed by getting a masterwork rapier, surely Orsini has a good one he'd be willing to let go, and lastly he'll try to figure out which of the manors might hold the brother.

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't quite sure to do with the old man / elven youth stealing Chappie's work. I probably started posting a few times over the last week, then threw out my post and started over.

The Bluff roll is because the formula book doesn't have any mnemonics, (as far as I know.) I just want Chappie to get his hands on what is being stolen with a minimum of violence, so he can get in control of the situation and size the intruder up.

Edited by Fiery Gift (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

It should be noted that the situations that some of you are in are geared for the entire party. They would be challenging for the whole group, so are likely deadly for individuals.

You have been warned.

You may have joined my WotR game after I gave the little speech about wandering off by yourself because I won't pull punches.

Also, you have not reached a point of no return. But you can probably see it from where you're standing.

2 hours ago, Kylia Quilor said:

Hey! We didn't wander off, you wandered us off!

To be fair, you're 100% correct.

In my defense, between the transition to the new site, the convoluted, PbP-unfriendly way book 2 is written, and other factors, the game had slowed to a crawl, and I felt I needed a change to generate momentum to keep the game moving forward.

My big mistake wasn't separating you guys. It was thinking in my head, "They'll go investigate, then get their friends, and tackle the mini-bosses together! GO TEAM!!", and also not communicating that to the players. So, of course, you guys are following the plots like the bad-asses that you are, and kicking in doors and trying to solo-tank the boss and all the other things PC heroes do.

:rofl:

Hey, as long as we can run away, we can always regroup. Nykla will certainly make a run for it at the first sign of an enemy she can't charm (magic) or charm (mundane) her way past. Unless she can paste them with magic missile or something, I suppose.