Castles and Crusades

cailano

I had to laugh a bit because I'm in a rather large FB group for fantasy and SF discussion and both of those come up at least once a month, with Belgariad it's usually because it was somebody's intro to fantasy and Rift War because it's awesome. Anyhow, a game on that scale does sound pretty awesome and C&C does look like a decent game, so I'll probably be keeping an eye out for this.

6 hours ago, leons1701 said:

I had to laugh a bit because I'm in a rather large FB group for fantasy and SF discussion and both of those come up at least once a month, with Belgariad it's usually because it was somebody's intro to fantasy and Rift War because it's awesome. Anyhow, a game on that scale does sound pretty awesome and C&C does look like a decent game, so I'll probably be keeping an eye out for this.

It's coming! I like to get a game board ready before people start applying, especially with lesser-known systems. Castles and Crusades doesn't get nearly enough love around here. I'm not sure I've ever seen recruitment for a C&C game on Myth-Weavers.

@Malkavian Grin has been working on a C&C character sheet template, too. It's looking pretty good so far!

I added a section to the game to describe the differences between C&C and D&D. I want to add more to talk about how they are similar, too, but if anyone wants to check the differences and give feedback, that would be cool!

Especially if you find what I wrote confusing or if I make the system sound unfriendly to beginners

https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/8855-how-castles-and-crusades-is-similar-to-and-different-from-dd/

While perusing the Castle Keepers Guide today, I stumbled on a section that suggests several ways of punishing dice that won't "roll correctly." Methods include putting them in a shallow dish as a timeout (aka Dice Jail) wiggling your fingers at them and then pointing at another player's dice to transfer the bad juju, immersing them in hot water, putting them in a microwave for a few seconds to rearrange their molecules, or simply striking them with a five-pound hammer.

Why a topic that important is left out of other GM guides I cannot explain.

Awhile back i bought this really nice d20 die, its a little larger than normal and it has a clear center with this opalescent liquid inside, its amazing, and it rolls great, and it looks great, and i loved it. But the first like, six or seven rolls i used it for were under 8, in a whole session it never rolled over 11.

SO. I got one of those small plastic cubes that you can buy dice in. I put the die in this box, then i melted the lid closed.

This die will never again betray me, and yet i still get to look and it and even roll it a little from time to time. It sits on the shelf. It doesn't get to go in with the other dice, and it does not travel to games.

It knows what it did..

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, DoNotFearToTread said:

@Malkavian Grin

The sheet you made for this looks awesome. Would anyone object to me cribbing it for my own C&C game?

Thank you! 💜

I personally don't mind. Would be nice if you give me credit 🤩 There's a few improvements that could be made to it, like ensuring the proper color stays on its background (dark theme might mess up the headers; I haven't tested that).

1 hour ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Thank you! 💜

I personally don't mind. Would be nice if you give me credit 🤩 There's a few improvements that could be made to it, like ensuring the proper color stays on its background (dark theme might mess up the headers; I haven't tested that).

I will absolutely give proper credit for it. You deserve it, I could never format up a sheet that way with my rudimentary knowledge of all things code based. Thanks for putting in the work.

@cailano C&C is pretty niche on here so it's nice to have a thread about it, too. Thanks for opening this up. Looking forward to seeing your game start up sometime.