Post Order

17 minutes ago, CharmingSatyr said:

The default is that the oldest post I'm a thread is the first post.  OG-MW gave you the option of reversing that, so the newest posts were what you saw when you opened a thread.

Will that or something like it be an option in MW2 (Electric Boogaloo)?

You can already do this in your user account. You can choose how you would like content displayed. 

Ok, this is from desktop.....

From the user dropdown by your name....

Account Settings > Content View Behavior 

There you have 3 options....

- Take me to comments I haven't read

- Take me to the beginning

- Take me to the latest comment

Set whichever you like...

Then when you go to a topic it takes you to your preference first.

As far as the default order they are displayed in inside a thread is a global admin level setting in the software.

This is correct  @Colin? Are there plans to make it user side? Or is that possible?

35 minutes ago, bwatford said:

This is correct  @Colin? Are there plans to make it user side? Or is that possible?

I’ll take a look to see in a bit about the settings. I can put it in the feature requests, and see what Eric and Rodrigo say about feasibility of a plug-in. 

• 4 months later...

@CharmingSatyr We've dug into what would be required for this, and it would involve rewriting portions of Invision's core code to change how the forum software operates. Due to that we're unfortunately not going to be tackling this one due to what would be involved and one of the main goals being to avoid touching the forum core code this time around.