Treasure we ended up with.

Excior

12 hours ago, Excior said:

all  through out this game My PC's gave up their stuff to others so we could get through to the end. Molly found the gem encrusted short sword and the rings it was not just laying out for all to see. I searched those areas while others were doing other things. 

I will give up the ring and the tabard but not the gem encrusted short sword

otherwise we can sell all of it magical or other wise and split the gold. 

To be fair, so did others. We all were giving up stuff and for the same reason. We exchanged quite a lot of weapons. "Doing other things" were also for the benefit of the group, not personal gains. 

I agree with Draidden here, items go to the one, who can use them. If a weapon is used - it's a weapon, but if it's not in use - it's a kind of commodity. For the sale and splitting the money.

Interesting idea about Moan's armour. So far it did not show any tendency to shrink and DM said we need an armourer. No reason not to try, though.

Also, did I imagine that someone tried the potion and it left an impression to be the potion of healing? Could be in another game.

2 hours ago, Dixi said:

To be fair, so did others. We all were giving up stuff and for the same reason. We exchanged quite a lot of weapons. "Doing other things" were also for the benefit of the group, not personal gains. 

I agree with Draidden here, items go to the one, who can use them. If a weapon is used - it's a weapon, but if it's not in use - it's a kind of commodity. For the sale and splitting the money.

Interesting idea about Moan's armour. So far it did not show any tendency to shrink and DM said we need an armourer. No reason not to try, though.

Also, did I imagine that someone tried the potion and it left an impression to be the potion of healing? Could be in another game.

I remember the GM said that the dwarf might be able to identify it but  I do not remember if he ever did ( I think it was the Dwarf) 

lets just sell off everything and split the gold and buy our equipment from that.

Edited by Excior (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Dixi said:

TI agree with Draidden here, items go to the one, who can use them. If a weapon is used - it's a weapon, but if it's not in use - it's a kind of commodity. For the sale and splitting the money.

I agree as well. We all have to get geared up, and I think the only way we'll survive long is to get the full team to maximum potential.

4 hours ago, Excior said:

lets just sell off everything and split the gold and buy our equipment from that.

This is a fine idea, but we're still stuck on a boat and still should split this loot since there's no equipment shop. There are still people without a weapon (or a good one).

24 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

I agree as well. We all have to get geared up, and I think the only way we'll survive long is to get the full team to maximum potential.

This is a fine idea, but we're still stuck on a boat and still should split this loot since there's no equipment shop. There are still people without a weapon (or a good one).

I think the DM will wave us through once we decide on a course of action to take with the loot. 

GM if we decide to sell off everything once we get to a place where we can do that can you just let us know how much we get for all the gear so we can divide up the  treasure and gear up for the next adventure.

I hope you do not want us to role play the buying of gear, that will take for ever. 

We do not have wizards. Is there any other way to identify a magic item? (Though, even wizards do not do it, afaik)

The flail and the armour (?) emanate obvious power and belonged to a demon, what about anything else? How do we know?

5 hours ago, Excior said:

I hope you do not want us to role play the buying of gear, that will take for ever. 

I doubt it (or maybe some very light RP with a haggle roll or something).

If we RP a scene, I have a feeling it's because Cailano thinks it's important to making the story better / it's important to the story.

We can split the coins we have, but as for the rest we will just need to state who is carrying what and then if and when we get somewhere that we can sell it we do so and split it. That way if someones character bites the dust in such a manner that they cannot be retrieved we will know what we lost. 😉

On 5/3/2023 at 4:02 PM, Dixi said:

We do not have wizards. Is there any other way to identify a magic item? (Though, even wizards do not do it, afaik)

Both clerics and wizards (and, by extension, elves) have a Level 1 spell available called "Detect Magic".

Wizards/elves have to roll for their spells so getting it is by luck/chance.

Clerics, as best I can tell, get to select their spells. That said, most Level 1 options are hot garbage, with multiple points of possible failure. However, among the various flavors of hot garbage, "Detect Magic" and "Detect Evil" are some of the better options so I'll likely take them to start.