Feature Request - Allow public games to have memberships

In OGMW, being invited to a game as a player was - for the most part - a logistical convenience; except for private games, people who weren't members of the game could still participate in the threads just fine, but being a member of the game made it easy to find, let you attach your sheet, etc.  In Baldr that doesn't seem to be the case; the only game setting that allows people to post without joining the game also doesn't allow anyone to join the game.  Might just be me, but I would appreciate some kind of 'Semi-Public' game setting where the accepted players could join the game as members, but anyone could post regardless of whether they were a member or not.

I know this is similar to this feature request, but while the use case is similar (that awkward period between an advert closing and the game proper going) I don't think it's quite the same.  From my understanding what was discussed there was the ability for anyone who had already posted in a game to continue posting without needing to join while new people couldn't post if they hadn't already.

Just  leave the game public if you want everyone to be able to post.  Then players, or readers can just "Follow" the overview tab of the game and it will put the game in their "My Followed Games" list on the main page so it is easy for them to find. There is no need to do memberships if all are allowed.

Basically does everything you are asking without a special module.

Hello Llyarden!

The games you follow currently show up on the side bar under recent activity on the My Games page! It also is under the "My Games" sidebar on almost every other page! 

The location of this and layout changes can and will be discussed as these things may not be in the most intuitive spot yet.

It also is possible to connect sheets to public games! Take a look at Mythweavers Meetup 2023 game, link here, the sheets tab is displayed and sheets are attached!

I've made a User CP Replication Activity stream that feeds me the similar information that User CP would on OGMW, it isn't perfect but we're still in Beta!

I've attached where this shows up on mobile (it is pretty far down, same far down on browser but that's fixable!)

I've also attached the settings I use for my User CP replication activity stream! 

Thanks! 😄

Dem Pictures Mentioned

Screenshot_20230503_100701_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230503_101401_Chrome.jpg

• 1 month later...