OOC Chat

TheRealSife

5 hours ago, TheRealSife said:

Anyone with excess threat should once again take strain damage.

Oof. I feel like I'm gonna KO myself. That's another Strain.

Coincidentally, how easy is it to reduce Strain? Do you just rest, or are they things I can do in-character to negate it?

5 minutes ago, Ipphli said:

So blue is boost? Sorry to ask such a simple quesiton, but I'm color-blind so they all kinda look the same.

I've not had to deal with this issue before, but would the shapes help more than color?

Boost & Setback = d6
Ability & Difficulty = d8
Proficiency & Challenge = d12

59 minutes ago, Ipphli said:

The names are fine, as that's how the dice wizard lists them. Thank you though Mal.

So that's 2 advantage & 2 success vs 1 failure and 2 threat.

I just want to help with this, I hope it’s not too much: it’s a net 1 Success (and 0 Advantage).

Failure cancels Success, Threat cancels Advantage, only Triumph is not cancelled by Despair (and vice versa, naturally).

Edited by eltorin (see edit history)

Jana's Vigilance check:

Net 2 Success, 2 Advantage (the Boost coming from Pelopionne due to being within close range)

I would offer a Boost die for someone's next roll for an Advantage

Edited by eltorin (see edit history)
Name
Vigilance
genesys(2,1,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0) 6,2,2,4
Boost (by Pelopionne's Heightened Sense)
genesys(0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0) 5

1 hour ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Oof. I feel like I'm gonna KO myself. That's another Strain.

Coincidentally, how easy is it to reduce Strain? Do you just rest, or are they things I can do in-character to negate it?

The most straight forward way to heal strain is when you get net advantage on a roll, you can heal 1 strain for 1 advantage.

There will also be rest periods between encounters where you can roll to recover some strain.

Okay, hopefully I roll some Advantage soon, then! In the meantime, I'd like to know the system better. What is the narrative behind gaining Strain on a Perception check, for instance? Is it contextual, such that my character expects an ambush but failing to find one makes him feel stressed out?

Edit: I keep forgetting the boost die from Pelepionne. That's a very useful ability!

Name
Vigilance (Willpower)
genesys(2,1,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0) 7,1,4,1
Boost die from Pelepionne's Heightened Senses
genesys(0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0) 6

On 5/22/2023 at 7:41 PM, Malkavian Grin said:

So, it looks like I rolled 3 successes and 2 advantage. What can I do with that? I think you mentioned I can spend advantage to heal strain?

Yeah you could heal 2 strain, give somebody a free Boost die for their next roll, or give one of the NPCs a Setback die on their next roll. Setback dice are basically the opposite of Boost dice. Its all listed in the rules reference thread, though there isn't really anything to learn strengths or flaws, etc. about right now so just ignore those parts.