OOC Chat

TheRealSife

On 5/13/2023 at 5:47 AM, TheRealSife said:

@IpphliYou just forgot to roll your 2 difficulty dice for your knowledge roll, but in the interest of getting all the responses out today I will just roll them for you, so no worries there.

Edit: Ok so that gives you no successes but one triumph and two advantage to work with.

Sorry about that. Still learning the system, I rolled Cheliyxx's Knowledge, and I thought that's all I needed to roll. I'll make time to read through the rules better in the next day or two so I can figure it out. Thanks!

As for the 2 Advantages and 1 Triumph, I'd like to use the Advantages to learn a Flaw for the L1z1x, and the Triumph to learn about their Strength.

19 hours ago, Ipphli said:

Sorry about that. Still learning the system, I rolled Cheliyxx's Knowledge, and I thought that's all I needed to roll. I'll make time to read through the rules better in the next day or two so I can figure it out. Thanks!

No worries, I'm not expecting people to know all the rules right from the get go.

On 5/15/2023 at 5:03 PM, Malkavian Grin said:

I have a pinched nerve in my neck and haven't slept well recently. I will be slow to post for a little bit. My apologies.

Hope you have a prompt recovery!

On 5/15/2023 at 8:03 PM, Malkavian Grin said:

I have a pinched nerve in my neck and haven't slept well recently. I will be slow to post for a little bit. My apologies.

Sorry to hear that, hope you feel better soon.

On 5/17/2023 at 7:28 PM, TheRealSife said:

Sorry to hear that, hope you feel better soon.

Thanks. I can move around better but something's still not right. I imagine another 3-5 days of this.

Anyways, I just wanted to say that this game really sneaked up on me. I wasn't expecting to enjoy playing Karrik as much as I do, and I have always wanted more exposure to how Genesys works. The setting isn't bad either (just a bit much to try absorbing at once; I guess the same could be said of Star Wars if you don't know). Thanks for running this!

That's great, I'm glad to hear you're having fun! I'm a big fan of the Genesys and of Twilight Imperium so its kind of a perfect blend for me.

Everyone can attempt an Average (2 purple difficulty die) Perception test here to try and look around for clues.

@Ipphli Cheliyxx can additionally attempt a Hard (3 purple difficulty die) Negotiation test for a bonus opportunity.

Karrik is not the most perceptive around... Here goes nothing!

Name
Perception (Cunning)
genesys(1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0) 1,5
I forgot my difficulty dice...
genesys(0,0,0,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0) 7,1
And a boost die from Pelipionne
genesys(0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0) 4

Now that you’re saying, I accidentally rolled 3 difficulty dice (instead of 2, sorry about that), but in this case, it doesn’t matter, luckily, as it doesn’t change the outcome.

I threw in to the IC Pelopionne's Heightened Awareness talent, which gives allies near them a bonus to Perception and Vigilance. So everyone can add a blue die or two.

1 minute ago, eltorin said:

Now that you’re saying, I accidentally rolled 3 difficulty dice (instead of 2, sorry about that), but in this case, it doesn’t matter, luckily, as it doesn’t change the outcome.

Yours looks right - there's just 3 symbols as some of the die faces have two symbols.

image.png.423a1dd4cf041e157b23351f9172395c.png

Edited by Intro (see edit history)
Name
Pelopionne Perception (+2 sensofamiliars)
genesys(1,1,2,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0) 7,12,5,1,4,7

That's enough successes to pass the perception test, Anyone with excess threat should once again take strain damage.

There is still an unused blue boost die that Eltorin added to the pool with his advantage from the previous knowlede roll, but perhaps Chyliyxx could add that to his negotiation check.