Yip, Gnoll Fighter

Starhawk

spacer.pngYip, Gnoll Fighter

Yip comes to in the circle. Looking around he can see no other gnolls. It occurs to him that some of the others would make good eating, but then again a gnoll that dies in battle is also good eating. To nourish the living that they might endure he believes is a good example of what humans call 'passing it forward'. 

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

I gotta say I hate the clone function of the new site. I thought I was posting in the IC area and instead I see that I've deleted the details of my application. This wouldn't have happened on the old site because you just edit, copy and paste. 

spacer.pngYip, Gnoll Fighter

Standard Multiclassing.

Physical description 

Yip appears fluid in his movement, almost languid, that hides his considerable physical strength. He likes to lean against vertical surfaces since this reinforces the impression that he is languid, relaxed and easy going. He drops his muzzle, lacking a chin, and would tend to look up at everyone if he weren't so tall. He does this even when he tilts his head to one side, which he does a lot, exhibiting a look of intense curiosity.

Character's personality

Yip is curious about the world, this is what he's like, which is quite different from what he does, which is hit things, and hit them hard. His ears perk up whenever anyone mentions anything to do with the word intuitive, which relates to just knowing something, as opposed to learning it. He knows he's not academic, but is convinced that doesn't make him dumb. His racial xenophobia clashes with his curiosity which makes him something of a curiosity to other gnolls. 

Dream narrative 

I have the same recurring dream. I am hunting on the grasslands, moving fast. The grass is tall in the scorching sunlight, up to my neck. And though I cannot see my quarry, I can see the swaying of the grass seedheads a short distance before me. Charging forward, I hurl myself on my prey. It is an armoured figure, a warrior, that I bring to the ground. Pulling on my prey's helmet, it comes off easily, revealing a human face upon which is tattooed tiny words, in a cursive script. I see these words with my eyes, but hear them with my ears and feel the truth of them with my heart. Astonished, I find I cannot make the kill. I am bewildered. What kind of gnoll am I?