OOC Discussion

Sirdi

I wanted to ask about Dvati. Does a Dvati character only get a single +1 modifier to either Wisdom or Intelligence? Nothing else stats-wise?

Or am I misunderstanding Dvatinand they're taken like Wood, Dark and High variants of the Elf race?

4 hours ago, Glyph said:

I wanted to ask about Dvati. Does a Dvati character only get a single +1 modifier to either Wisdom or Intelligence? Nothing else stats-wise?

Or am I misunderstanding Dvatinand they're taken like Wood, Dark and High variants of the Elf race?

They are variants yes! Same as Anima, Werewolves or Vampires, I forgot to mark that, but I will now. 

3 hours ago, Sirdi said:

They are variants yes! Same as Anima, Werewolves or Vampires, I forgot to mark that, but I will now. 

So you're telling me I can go with a Human (getting +1 in all stats) and then take Dvati?

2 hours ago, Glyph said:

So you're telling me I can go with a Human (getting +1 in all stats) and then take Dvati?

Technically yes, so long as you are willing to play two characters at the same time.

Can Vampires be Dvati?  Interestingly enough Parallax means an objects position relative to two different perspectives, and I think that would be a cool coincidence for the name.  I ask because I didn't see anything in the character notes and I just wanted to confirm.  

1 hour ago, tyrtaeus said:

Can Vampires be Dvati?  Interestingly enough Parallax means an objects position relative to two different perspectives, and I think that would be a cool coincidence for the name.  I ask because I didn't see anything in the character notes and I just wanted to confirm.  

I can't think of a reason why not so yes!

Are you still recruiting? Would love to play a caster for this. I am not 100% understanding creation for characters do you pick a race from the top then also aplly one of the 5 variants to it? For examplke a Tedrago Vampire would get (+2 to Intelligence and +2 to Dexterity, +1 Strength, +1 Constitution, and +1 Charisma) the abilities of a Tedrago and the blessing and cruse of a vampire?

1 hour ago, The Quixotic said:

Are you still recruiting? Would love to play a caster for this. I am not 100% understanding creation for characters do you pick a race from the top then also aplly one of the 5 variants to it? For examplke a Tedrago Vampire would get (+2 to Intelligence and +2 to Dexterity, +1 Strength, +1 Constitution, and +1 Charisma) the abilities of a Tedrago and the blessing and cruse of a vampire?

I am still recruiting!

For character creation, you pick two races, and mix and match different aspects of the race. For example, for an elf and a tiefling, you would pick an ability score +2 increase of either Dexterity(Elf) or Charisma(Tiefling), then you'd choose 1 ability score to increase +1. You would have Darkvision(because both tieflings and elves have darkvision), and then "select up to two (2) other ancestral traits from your two chosen ancestries." For example, you might select Fey Ancestry or Drow Magic (if you want to play a drow-tiefling) from your elven-side, and Hellish Resistance or Infernal Legacy from your tiefling-side.

You don't have to add one of the five variants on top of the race, but if you did want to play a Elf/Tiefling Vampire, you would forgo that earlier +1 ability score increase in favor of your vampiric abilities.

As for a Tedrago Vampire, you are correct in that you would receive the abilities of both a Tedrago and a Vampire.

5 hours ago, Sirdi said:

I am still recruiting!

For character creation, you pick two races, and mix and match different aspects of the race. For example, for an elf and a tiefling, you would pick an ability score +2 increase of either Dexterity(Elf) or Charisma(Tiefling), then you'd choose 1 ability score to increase +1. You would have Darkvision(because both tieflings and elves have darkvision), and then "select up to two (2) other ancestral traits from your two chosen ancestries." For example, you might select Fey Ancestry or Drow Magic (if you want to play a drow-tiefling) from your elven-side, and Hellish Resistance or Infernal Legacy from your tiefling-side.

You don't have to add one of the five variants on top of the race, but if you did want to play a Elf/Tiefling Vampire, you would forgo that earlier +1 ability score increase in favor of your vampiric abilities.

As for a Tedrago Vampire, you are correct in that you would receive the abilities of both a Tedrago and a Vampire.

cool cool gonna throw my hat in for this, mind if i message you with the racial stuff so you can sanity check it before i finish. make sure im doing it correctly.

46 minutes ago, The Quixotic said:

cool cool gonna throw my hat in for this, mind if i message you with the racial stuff so you can sanity check it before i finish. make sure im doing it correctly.

sure thing!

7 hours ago, Sirdi said:

I am still recruiting!

Interesting...

Just to make sure I got my character right...

If a human went through an adoption ritual to become an aqmersi...do they just have the aqmersi stats or would they have human stats as well? 😅

9 hours ago, Guardian Angel Haruki said:

Interesting...

Just to make sure I got my character right...

If a human went through an adoption ritual to become an aqmersi...do they just have the aqmersi stats or would they have human stats as well? 😅

Technically they would also have human stats, but blood adoptions are tricky sometimes, so your character being a part-timer and not a completely underwater Aqmersi is actually realistic for what would happen biologically.

The deadline is here, thank you everyone for your submissions, there were just a few too many for me to pick all of them! However I plan on running a few games in this world eventually, so keep an eye out!

Congrats to the following people, who have made it into the game:

@Guardian Angel Haruki @Passione

@BobtheWizard @Mild Scribe

@The Quixotic @Morhgor

I look forward to working with you guys! I'll wait another couple days for you to finish up your character connections if needed, and then we'll start the adventure!

Edited by Sirdi (see edit history)