New Logo Poll

New Logo  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like the graphic for the new logo?

• I love it.
    • I like it but lose the color gradient (keep it the color to the left.)
    • I like it but lose the color gradient (keep it the color to the right.)
    • I hate it. Keep the old one.

Ok, I am working on some changes to the default theme and wanted to get everyone's feedback on a new logo.

image.png.4adff1bd1de53090c8743453881f4a9e.png

The new logo adds a little more zip to the header, and you can get a sneak peek at the new textured background behind it.

All comments are welcomed.

I vote #5. I don't really like it (especially the gradient) and I don't think it is an improvement over the old logo (which I also don't like). 😄

But, I do like the idea of a redesign and I appreciate the effort. Every step we take to make the new site look like the old site is a terrible idea in my opinion. "Redesign" should be the watchword at every step of the way.

I also voted #2, but honestly, i would abandon the gradient and the emboss - reminds me of the early 2000's when I was dinking around with Photoshop to make my own logos.  These days,  I think cleaner logos are better.  I do like the font thou. 

We can definitely get one of our graphic artist types to play with some more “aggressive” logo concepts. The current one is just the podcast logo with other elements removed.

I’m also curious to see the text without the bevel, like Yama brought up.

This is pretty nitpicky, but the "tail" coming off the bottom left of the "W" seems a bit too thin/pinched right at the top, where it extends out from the bottom of the W. I know it's just an extension of the narrow upstroke, but with the little bit of sharp angle on the left side and the shadow from the emboss on the right, it just kind of catches my eye in a bad way and doesn't look as smooth as the tails on the M and the upper tail on the W.

In fact, it also seems to need hang down quite as much as the lower tail on the M, and the upper tail on the W sticks up further than the one on the M. I think it might look better (for me at least, I'm big on symmetry) if the upper and lower tails of both letters were even.

Edited by PigLickJF (see edit history)

29 minutes ago, Colin said:

We can definitely get one of our graphic artist types to play with some more “aggressive” logo concepts. The current one is just the podcast logo with other elements removed.

I’m also curious to see the text without the bevel, like Yama brought up.

Here you go... one light outline, one heavy.

image.jpeg.d45b43845bd1dd1515c2af84c9505504.jpeg

image.jpeg.ab092bdaff889041e9c484295a692011.jpeg

Of course this is a quick render, we can definitely make the leading M and W bigger than the other text if desired.

7 minutes ago, PigLickJF said:

I do like that better. With the current color scheme I think I like the light outline better, but I also think I'd prefer the darker goldish color for the letters, and that may look nicer with the darker outline.

image.jpeg.7340c1da1aedaf9d38f086371fe4a977.jpeg

image.jpeg.0ed98ed19234ff2bb37a204b6f79f39d.jpeg

I like where the redesign is headed, though I have some issues the kerning on this current design - particularly between the V and E in Weavers and Y and T in Myth.  A font that allowed their ends to blend into each other seamlessly would help, otherwise them needing some small space would look better with this font.