Post Editor colour and styling

As mentioned in this thread the background colour to the editor has been changed to match themes. While the big bright white was a little confronting, i think the contrast might be off a tiny bit. The darker background along with the narrow and lighter seeming text makes editing a little not of an eyestrain after awhile. I noticed that the font in the editor is a lot lighter (skinnier i guess) than the font in the standard editor.

I don't HATE the colour charge but the font maybe needs to be a little heavier to compensate.

Just my two cents.

Both standard and expanded editors should be using the same background as they are presented in a forum post. Font color should be the same in the editor as in a post.

The font and font size should be the exact same as displayed in a post as well.

If any of the above is not how it is displaying for you, then let me know the theme color and post a screen shot.

Thanks.

This is standard text, font size, not bolded, etc. <-- I'm just using this for HTML editor example.

So as we can see the background colours ARE the same (as an aside, which i'm sure you love, the editor colour is #E7DABC while actual posts are #E2D2A8 Which kinda looks like this which is probably making it look weird to me)

Anyway, as you can see, at least for me, the text in the post (on top) has a heavy weight than the text in the editor. Its not the end of the world its just something i noticed after i'd been in the editor for awhile that it was kinda .. squinty..

spacer.png

The slight color variation is due to the background on the default theme being a texture so the color will vary depending on where you sample from. I did not want to use a texture in the editor.

I think (from your screenshot) you are looking at text in source mode. I did not alter that box's text, so let me see what I can do to bring it inline with the normal text.

Oh, yes thats my fault for not being completely clear and just linking to a thread where they were discussing the source editor. The top text in the two examples is the normal editor and the bottom is in the source editor.

I hadn't noticed the text before when the background was white, but thats possibly because the white background didn't contrast the same. So it was only noticed after the background change to the source editor.

Oh, oof. I really hate to be that person, but that font in the source editor is... not great. I don't suppose that can be put back to Arial? Typewriter font doesn't make for the best reading when trying to edit (it's a bit straining for my old eyes). If not, I understand. It's your call. If you wish to stick with this, I'm going to have to compose my code in a program and then paste it over. (feels like a step away from being user-friendly)

Push comes to shove, I'll just inspect the code with Chrome and edit it real-time and just paste it into the source.

The font should be the same as in a post display, or in the editor, or source. The font should be the same across all platforms.

The request was to change the Courier Font due to being too thin. So there is two sides here. I will set up a poll later tonight to solicit user feedback on it.

The font in the editor appears to be Tahoma when I inspect it. That is clearly different from the source (adding image below) which inspects as Courier New, Monospace.

image.png.4c094c6331142a38cdbb5c2b772a8834.png

And with the magic of editing, here's what the source would look like if it were indeed Tahoma (fuzzy due to upscaling):

image.png.40576957c8cc164e0c22da88f87e2e87.png