Discussions

fabulist

The Gifted Blade is an archetype, so you can choose it, and then it replaces the character's psychic strike ability. Also, since the soulknife has no powers and is not a manifester, they are eligible for Unlocked Talent as well. No need for High Psionics rules for these.

13 hours ago, fabulist said:

Two traits are fine, but no drawbacks (or whatever they are called.)

How big is that mecha sentinel supposed to be?

It depends on how you spend your customization points like any Astral Suit as increasing the size can be done via the Astral Suit Customization points, but the base models found in the Mech Rules section are Agile (Small), Biped (Medium), and Quadroped/Threaded (Large) - and you cannot be larger in size than the mech you are using, but it can be larger than you. Though, as the Biped is the only one that starts with Arms (they can be purchased with Customization points for the other two), I'd use that one primarily, for obvious reasons. They get none of the normal mech bonuses associated with leveling like a Helmsman class's Bonded Mech would, and you get the bare-bones model as-is, selecting which model you manifest each time (which takes a full minute rather than the normal swift/move/full-round action the normal armors take, so you have to suit up and not be attacked while sleeping to get any benefit).

Instead of the normal starting bonuses of wearing the normal types of normal Astral Suits (No Armor bonus but the speed and nimble customizations for the Astral Skin, the armor bonuses of +6 and free brawn and improved damage customizations for the Astral Armor, or the +8 armor and the fortification and hardy customizations for Astral Juggernaught), a Biped Mech would get you a much smaller +2 armor bonus, but get +2 Str/Dex, +10 HP and come with ectoplasmic weapons when formed instead of free customizations.

The weapons coming with it is my main objective, honestly, since Soulknife was already applied for. It makes equipment easier to manage, and is generally just a concept I really enjoy. :)

Edited by BBK (see edit history)

Also, do we need to roll for wealth, do we get max wealth, or are we doing 'Average for the class'?

Astral Suit specifics (because of the question of allowed archetypes) and equipment are the only things left for me to do for my app to be complete. :)

Edited by BBK (see edit history)

In that case, my app is finished except for tossing in some starting equipment. He doesn't eat or sleep, sooo... he just has a Reinforced Tunic and Gandasa for when not suited up in his mech, and a backpack with Mastrwork Theives' Tools in it. A simple being of simple needs and simple desires.

Maelwin is not at the level of polish I want him to be, but the sheet should be functional enough imho to get rolling, and I'll upgrade the fluff over the next few days (I will be crazy busy until this week-end, but it will be much better after that).