1. A Ship With No Sea

Sirdi

Raith Reaver - Devil Warlockspacer.png

AC: 14 | HP: 31/31 | Initiative: +2 | Passive Perception: 13 | Darkvision: 60', Devil's Sight: 120'

Raith is surprised when Lorelei knows our new host. That usually happens to me, not other people.

But he's more intrigued by the host. A metal contraption with 6 gloved hands. He gives a big smile and a pat on the shoulder as he walks past the man into the room.

"Are you the one who made the flying ship? I'd love to know how it works... wait, not really. I don't really care how it works. What I want to know is when do we get to ride on it? And do you have any food? We've just been eating rations and berries for the past week."

He then pauses, "Wait. Where are my manners? Raith Reaver. At your service, Mr. Harding. How do I get upstairs."

He looks around to see if he can find a way up to the ship.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

Features

Hit Dice: 4/4d8

Spell Slots, 2nd: 2/2 SR

Disguise Self: 1/1 LR

Invisibility: 1/1 LR

Hellish Rebuke: 1/1 LR

Eris HP: 10/10 (+40' swim, my BA to attack, magic attack, +5 to hit, 1d4+3 piercing, 3d6 poison, DC14 Con for 1/2, my Rx to halve damage)

Darkvision 60'
Winged One: Flying Speed 30', 60' height
Devil: Devil's sight 120'
Resistance to poison and fire
Advantage on saves vs. poison
Resist nonmagical BPS except silvered
Adv on saves vs spells and magical effects
You are a fiend
Vulnerability to silver
Vulnerability to radiant damage

Ross Godae

AC : 16 | HP : 42/42 | Initiative : +4 | Passive Perception : 14 | Darkvision : 90'

This was Ross' chance to stand back. Impressive works of door, and person, was hardly his milue. All the climbing clockworks of the mighty tower looked like the city work of his mother that he'd studiously avoided, but even so the ship remained enticing. A line of thought seemingly shared by Jack, though Ross was curious if the halfling would manage to bring Oakwynd around.

The wind-up man was less so appealing. But, Lorelei knew him, and so that matter was settled; a friend, of some sort. Niceties must be maintained, so he bowed his head respectfully to their host.

"Good day, Harding."

A line of sharp teeth was Ross' smile at Reaver's comment on rations - he'd improved his own traveling meals, even if there were few, if any, other takers. There was always something to be caught near trail or road, either way.

Edited by Morhgor (see edit history)

The man blinked, focusing on Lorelei for a moment specifically. 

"I'm sorry, I can't say I remember, perhaps a name would jog my memory? I'm not good with faces you see."

Daniel then turned to the rest of the group. 

"I do in fact keep the doors and rest of the contraptions here well-oiled and working. I am not the one who made the ship, though I wish I was, the wonderous creation that it is. I'd be happy to explain it's inner-workings at a later time. Come in come in, Lord Almendrud will be down in just a moment."

He leads the group of you in, to a posh looking sitting room, complete with a small tea service of various cakes and finger foods.

"Please, enjoy and make yourselves at home, I'm sure you've all traveled a long way."

Lorelei

AC : 17 | HP : 34/34 | Initiative : +3 | Passive Perception : 13 | Darkvision : 60' | Morph : Legs | Condition : Normal

Lorelei nods in understanding when Daniel informed her that he didn't remember her and that he was bad with faces. She couldn't blame him. It had been years, and she wouldn't be surprised if he suppressed the memories. She would have too, and almost did. She introduced herself, "My name is Lorelei. You and the others used to call me Lori..."

She followed Daniel into the building and to the sitting room. She opted to lean against a wall. In case something was to happen, she would be ready to act. She looked to Daniel to see if there was any reaction from him regarding her name.

Reliable Jack

AC : 16 | HP : 35/35 | Initiative : +0 | Passive Perception : 13

Jack knits his brow but accompanies it with a chuckle when he hears Raith's remark about their provisions. 

"Ah. A feat indeed. Thank you! I'd love to hear more about the Archeologicus and the work that you do some time." Jack bows towards Daniel, hand on chest, before walking back and grabbing the big guy.

With a little hop for height, he taps Oakwynd right between shoulder blades. "They got food and lounge. Take a load off. Maybe we don't even have to do anything with the ship. Maybe they need a wheel for it or an artifact to make the air-rudder-thing work, or something. This expedition could be to complete it, or the job could be completely unrelated. Come on."

Jack moves forward, grabs a saucer full of treats, and plants his behind on an armchair, gingerly waiting for the lord's arrival. His eyes wander across the room, snug as a bug in a rug, taking in the post's ambiance.

AC: 14 | HP: 31/31 | Initiative: +2 | Passive Perception: 13 | Darkvision: 60', Devil's Sight: 120'

Raith walks into the waiting room quickly at the mention of food. He's not even that hungry, but he is incredibly curious about the quality of food. He takes one of everything that is out - small sandwiches, vegetables, pieces of fruit. He is especially interested in any new flavor combinations. Most of the items he takes a small bite, swallows it, but puts the rest down, apparently bored by the item. But one finger sandwich is particularly interesting to him.

"Rosemary and salt on melon with cheese. I don't remember ever trying that before. It is delicious. You all must try this one."

He takes several more of that sandwich, making sure he leaves enough for everyone else to try it too.

Mechanics

Features

Eris HP: 10/10 (+40' swim, my BA to attack, magic attack, +5 to hit, 1d4+3 piercing, 3d6 poison, DC14 Con for 1/2, my Rx to halve damage)

Darkvision 60'
You are a fiend
Vulnerability to silver

Edited by BobtheWizard (see edit history)

Ross Godae

AC : 16 | HP : 42/42 | Initiative : +4 | Passive Perception : 14 | Darkvision : 90'

Ross selected one of the sandwiches in question, sniffed it tentatively, then almost inhaled it whole. With an indefinite, but probably approving, shrug he turned back to Lorilei and Harding for a moment, then moved away.

This was all starting to feel urbane, the wonder of strange new sights falling away to waiting in lounges. Settling himself into leaning over the back of an armchair, other than the one Jack had selected, he watches nervously for Lord Almendrud. And listens to the other ongoing conversations. They would find out more about the commission in due time, it seems.

Oqkwynd finds a quite corner to sit it and pulls out a small block of wood and a small knife and begins to carve. He is not carving anything fancy but using the time and mindless action of carving to meditate and prepare himself for a journey he does not look forward too.

• 3 weeks later...

Daniel seemed to think for a moment, before his face lit up in realization.

"Ah! Lori! From the ships! Gosh that was so long ago, I'm glad you made it out safely." He opened his mouth to talk more, before a knock at the doorway interrupted him.

"I do hope I'm not interrupting anything important."

Standing there is the man you came to see, Lord Almendrud himself. Daniel's face visibly brightens as he offers the Lord a quick bow.

"Just a bit sir, nothing that can't be discussed later though."

Ross Godae

Raising slightly, just to bend again with a slight motion of his hand before his chest, Ross bows in polite greeting to Lord Almendrud, in reflection of Daniel.

"A day of happiness to you, though we may have some impatience in store, as well." He tries not to smile at that, "For there is a great curiosity about your curiosity outside."

A glance at the forlorn figure of Oakwind - "And some anxiety, additionally."

The Lord thinks for a moment, before having a hearty chuckle.

"Ah yes, the Skycarver, quite a marvelous piece of work by Daniel. Not to worry, it's perfectly safe and has survived several expeditions like the one we are about to embark on."

Raith walks over to the man, offering the Lord one of the sandwiches. Still smiling as he finishes the one in his mouth, then wiping his lips before speaking.

"Rosemary and salt on melon with cheese. It's splendid. Have you tried these? Of course you have. My apologies. And my compliments to you for your spectacular chef."

He knows he is merely using the sandwich to break the ice. What he really wants is to fly on the Skycarver. He bows his head slightly, "Raith Reaver, my lord. So... When can we explore this fine, flying ship? It is exquisite."

His anticipation is dripping from his words.

Mechanics

Features

Darkvision 60'
You are a fiend
Vulnerability to silver

Lorelei

AC : 17 | HP : 34/34 | Initiative : +3 | Passive Perception : 13 | Darkvision : 60' | Morph : Legs | Condition : Normal

Lorelei gave a small smile when Daniel recognized her, and before he could say anymore, the nobleman entered. She nods in agreement when Daniel mentioned that they can continue their discussion later.

She listened as her companions spoke about the ship and the cheese. She cleared her throat, and she spoke politely to Lord Almendrud, "While I share their sentiments, I think we're getting a little off topic. We'd like to offer our assistance as adventurers for your expedition,"

Reliable Jack

AC : 16 | HP : 35/35 | Initiative : +0 | Passive Perception : 13

Caught unaware by the lord's arrival, Jack was unable to bow and share pleasantries in time. He snaps to attention when he is already well within their midst, but remained either stiffened by shame or awestruck.

"By Daniel? He said it was someone else. Maybe he is being modest. He does seem more elated and mirthful with the lord around." Jack imagines Daniel twirling his mustache, his flesh and artificial hands clasped with fingers tenting. He banishes the thought. Daniel seems to be a decent guy who is happy and content to hone his craft and be in the presence of his lord. Then again one can comport wiht saying that the name Skycarver seems slightly violent.

Jacks nods along as Lorelei pivots them back on track. He slap both of his thighs, hops onto his feet, and joins his companions in tuning on Lord Almendrud.

He leans in towards Oakwynd and whispers. "Seems like there are no two ways about it. What can we do about it? I can't rely on words alone." Wanting to cut to the heart of this feeling, he presses the man.