Game OOC

Rakle

@dhemon any thoughts on what you may have crafted these first 4 days? I'd like to establish anything Vergren might have ahead of time so if we end up in an encounter I don't try to suddenly say my armor's now enhanced or I have a pearl of power or something.

The western edge of the Northern Fangwood forest is around 120 miles long. The terrain is going to be the same for 4th, 5th, & 6th day of riding.

This prairie region at the 5th night is maybe 50 miles across. It has wicked Fae controlled Northern Fangwood to the east, and Orc controlled foothills & mountains to the west. Generally this area is avoided by most people.

One correction to today's post. I had originally written that the lights were coming from the west when I meant east.

On 8/11/2023 at 9:36 PM, Kistler said:

@dhemon any thoughts on what you may have crafted these first 4 days? I'd like to establish anything Vergren might have ahead of time so if we end up in an encounter I don't try to suddenly say my armor's now enhanced or I have a pearl of power or something.

Apologies for the delayed response, the last couple weeks have been even worse than the few months prior for my ability to function. 🙃

I've got some relatives visiting, but I'll try to get this calculated and a post up tonight as well. I might see if I could get an assistant construct built first, which would increase the daily magic item production value to 4,000gp instead of 2,000gp.

Quick question for @Rakle first though, how much 'extra' time would you say we spend in Vigil? About three days?

32 minutes ago, dhemon said:

Apologies for the delayed response, the last couple weeks have been even worse than the few months prior for my ability to function. 🙃

I've got some relatives visiting, but I'll try to get this calculated and a post up tonight as well. I might see if I could get an assistant construct built first, which would increase the daily magic item production value to 4,000gp instead of 2,000gp.

Quick question for @Rakle first though, how much 'extra' time would you say we spend in Vigil? About three days?

The party would've spent 3 or 4 full days in town.

What type of construct are looking to build? Are you going to give all of the same craft feats, or just subset of them?

2 hours ago, dhemon said:

I hope things get better for you.

Looking forward to seeing how crafting actually works when it comes together. I've never gotten to the point in a game where it really comes into play.

8 hours ago, Rakle said:

The party would've spent 3 or 4 full days in town.

What type of construct are looking to build? Are you going to give all of the same craft feats, or just subset of them?

Considering time and cost limitations, I think the most efficient (and non-evil) option at the moment is the Guardian Scroll. 5HD means it only gets 3 feats, so it'd definitely just be a subset. One of the feats has to be Cooperative Crafting, and the other two would most likely be Craft Wondrous & Craft Magic Arms and Armor, as those seem to be the mostly likely to be in demand among the group. I doubt Vigil has paper made from a still living sentient plant creature, so I'd have to pay the extra for the alchemical paper, which puts the market price at 7,500gp. Assuming spellcasting services or scrolls can be acquired in Vigil to provide some of the spells to reduce the DC enough to allow for Malciar to use the +5 work faster option, he'd be able to get it done in the 4 days before we left.

If that works out, Malciar can then produce ~16,000gp worth of finished magic items in the next 4 days of travel, though it is limited to 1 magic item per day, so not quite as much in practice. Depending on DCs, the Guardian Scroll might be able to do some crafting on its own, though I think it'd max out at about DC 11 with Take 10. So a CL 1 1st level Pearl of Power would be fine, but pretty much anything else... not so much. It does allow for some doubling down on crafting though, so if it makes a pearl of power, Malciar could do something else with a value of 2,000gp or less.

Edited by dhemon (see edit history)

8 hours ago, saithor said:

I'm going to have to withdraw. Apologies, but my job has just become too busy for me to build the character and I dont' want to hold the rest of the group back.

I understand. Thanks for the update. See you around the Weave.