TRELLUNND (OOC)

Vedast

@Eborne1 It wasn't my intention to include Ichiro, thus why I didn't post for him. Are you now controlling him for narrative purpose or did you include him because only a single bladder could be carried by one person so Tannus alone couldn't carry two as he'd (I'd) written?

From an optimization perspective, I don't know whether Tannus going alone is 'better' than going with two so I'm asking for clarification from an RP perspective.

Oh, should I presume that no "smoke signals" arise from the party/cave in the time frame under consideration?

Initially, I didn't include him in the post but then changed it. I just thought it would be easier if the two characters remained together for now. If you don't want to continue playing him, I'll reassume control. Just let me know. I don't think it will benefit or hinder Tannus too much, either way.

No smoke signals yet.

@Luthiel

Just FYI, I was able to see your post. Looks like the text itself was outside of the "private-from" window. This shouldn't pose any meta-gaming issues as far as T&I are concerned. Put another way, what I can see is (by 'fieldset' here I mean the actual "boxed" window not the written word):

Fieldset begins

Hidden From: [blank]

Vedast

/Fieldset

(new) Fieldset begins

Your message header and text

/Fieldset

So perhaps you have "Vedast" on a separate line rather than next to the colon when you created the private-from box?

FWIW, I'm not sure why Tik wasn't included with Tannus since you'd posted Tik's preference to move on to the water rather than to the cave. I didn't intend anything that I'd written to suggest excluding Tik.

@Luthiel My apologies about bunching you up with the wrong group. I thought only Tannus had voted to keep going.

Re: the private text. It looks like you wrote "Vedast" where the post content was supposed to go. The name will actually go in the orange subject bar right next to the words "Hidden From".

No worries. This is a test run.

4 hours ago, Eborne1 said:

I thought only Tannus had voted to keep going.

Tannus never actually 'voted.' As it was, the vote was 1-2 in favor of the cave (Jinx and Lassen) so had Tannus 'voted' to try the water/mirage or whatever, we'd have been at an impasse. Such are councils of war. In any case, that's why I wrote as I did with Tannus simply heading in the direction of the apparent water to allow others to choose freely: and, perhaps, at least one group will be successful.

I didn't include Ichiro explicitly because I actually assumed Tik would come along given Luthiel's vote --- and I thought that a rat-folk might better be able to stand the conditions, maybe like the Muad'Dib of Dune (not sure of any RAW mechanical advantages, but ...) and Tannus has his Desert-Born Trait.

FWIW, that is my retrospective on those events.

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

I don't know what the M.O. is in these situations (if there are taboos) but I don't have a problem retroactively adjusting the narrative if it's what @Luthiel would like, given the error was mine. Just let me know. We're not so far down the course that it would be a big problem.

If @Luthiel wishes to have had Tik go towards the water (or whatever), we can perhaps just "switch" Tik and Ichiro at the point each character is now?

I'm also fine with going on as we are. My post above was explanatory, not soliciting a rewind.

Either way (or, I suppose, Tik could join Tannus and Ichiro).

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)