Heading to the next town

paladinred

Ahmonet

51P2XD6.png.9ff57b6758ef221ef5185dca5008219b.pngAhmonet  HP: 35/35   Saves: Str: -1, Dex: +2, Con: +5, Int: +1, Wis: +5, Cha: +7  AC: 17, Initiative: 2, Speed: 30

Another survivor, it was good news, the group needed hope that people can be saved, and perhaps the strength of those survivors can help them complete their goal, which is now to find the one responsible for this undead plague.

Ahmonet stepped forward and spoke to the newcomer, "I am Amonet, we have been sent by Kaliph Obhamma III to discover what is happening here on the island." She examines the male and says, "This room may not be safe, so be wary."

Moving closer to the door, "Any news of your time here?"

9IXK9l1.png.86fe1e1363ffe41031813b4fddb52d27.pngAhmos Butehamun - High Elven Order of the Scribe Wizard 5
AC: 13(16) | HP: 32/32 | Init: +3 | PP: 15 | Saves: S-1/D3/C2/I7/W5/C-1 | Spell: DC16 |  I 4/4 | II 3/3

Seeing the living sitting and eating, he breathed a sigh of relief, then immediately flinched as he felt the hot breath of the camel on his neck. The greeting was... uncomfortable. The gold clad man cut an imposing figure, ready to cut him down, with amber eyes declaring as much without the need for a singular utterance. Ahmos stood there, locked by this hardened gaze, until a feminine voice jarred him back to the presence.

Flusteredly, he rubbed his palms on his thighs, then extended a hand in greeting with a smile. "Terribly sorry, yes. I am Ahmos Buteham, Scribe of Khasul-Zau. I-I don't really know anything. I transferred here some months ago from the mainland, I'd been held up in my study for some time, transcribing some this historic tome, that was curiously written in a blend of elven and celestial, it's quite an enchanting manuscript. The penmenship.. oh, it was superb and upon every page a delicate golden filigree! On papyrus! I've seen such on a jacket of a particularlyostentatious piece, but binding to pages so fine must have taken... oh..." He saw on their faces that they clearly lacked the appropriate level of enthusiasm to continue on further about the subject.

"You mean news of the recent events on the island, the undead, correct? Unfortunately, my knowledgeforthwith is infinitesimally underwhelming, not withstanding rudimentary erudition. I didn't pursue necromancy specifically, though I can appreciate the fascination, it is quite unlike most arcane disciplines. For example enchantment, divination, evocation, et cetera, all characterize what one might accomplish through their specialty, where necromancy more describes the means of such accomplishment. Thereby it would be more akin to pyromancy, which isn't itself a true school of magic by most accounts, as its undertaking focuses on the means rather than the ends."

He walked over and picked up some of the food, biting into it he went a little weak at the knees as he closed his eyes and savored it. "Mmmm... I'm so glad to see other living souls. As I said, I was held up in my study for ages, and there was a clamorous disruption entincing the afflicted elsewhere, erstwhile I concluded it was an optimum opportunity to extract mineself from my perpetual captivity. I was endeavoring to navigate towards Tjet Abud Hassan when I happened upon you... do you know this hut was once home to quite the dangerous fellow. What possessed you to enter this place, it's been locked up for years?"

OOC

Ahmonet

51P2XD6.png.9ff57b6758ef221ef5185dca5008219b.pngAhmonet  HP: 35/35   Saves: Str: -1, Dex: +2, Con: +5, Int: +1, Wis: +5, Cha: +7  AC: 17, Initiative: 2, Speed: 30

The book Ahmos described actually did seem interesting, but it was unfortunate that any news of the island's current situation fell short. It's to be expected she guessed. She took his hand and shook it, her hands were soft and gentle, yet cold to the touch. "Rest up and enjoy the meal, I am not hungry at this moment, I snacked on a few dates in my bag earlier." she said. "My diet doesn't agree with many foods, allergies or something."

9IXK9l1.png.86fe1e1363ffe41031813b4fddb52d27.pngAhmos Butehamun - High Elven Order of the Scribe Wizard 5
AC: 13(16) | HP: 32/32 | Init: +3 | PP: 15 | Saves: S-1/D3/C2/I7/W5/C-1 | Spell: DC16 |  I 4/4 | II 3/3

Upon feeling the chill in her hands, he grew worried and held them a moment longer while looking into her eyes. It was difficult to decern as knowledge of medicine was far from his forte, but he knew enough to look for jaundice in or around the eyes and a prominence of reddened veins. Ahmonet's eyes glowed with divinity instead, so perhaps she was not afflicted. Reaching into his pouch he produce a small inkpot and effortlessly performed an minor incantation. "Here, I don't have much, but it will stay warm for the next hour."

Then he plopped himself down and accepted a plate of warm food from Mwende. The silence was a little overwhelming for him though, he wasn't the sort to sit around idly, but without the opportunity to focus his mind on a set task, his thoughts instead began to dribble out of his mouth. "Did you know that the epistemological origins of our names while they seem to have a common root are in fact nearly opposite in meaning? Ahmos, stems from Ahmes or Ahmose, meaning child of the moon or child of Iah, the god of the moon. I was actually named after a scribe who made advancements in notation that functionally describe the breaking apart of things and how to recombine them. Ahmonet, alternatively is related to Amon, often attributed as the sun god, but ironically it technically means 'Hidden One' or 'Invisible', don't you think that amusing! I mean, you are quite clearly visible and your beauty must certainly make most look twice" Noting the awkwardness of what he just said, he swallows another piece of food before he finished chewing, in order to immediately redirect things. "The interesting thing about names is how they're internalized. You can tell quite a bit about people not only from their names, but from how they are shortened. Some of this is a projection from those who use the names, parents or friends, but also they are manifestations of how ones interprets them. I've seen some particularly interesting examples of improperly used numerology used to extrapolate a personality for a youth, who then took on those attributes, later to find out they were incorrect and go through a very interesting transformation, from irresponsible extrovert to introvert." Without request he began helping clean dishes and the such, easily prestidigitating away dirt and grim without the need of water or washcloth, but still did he talk.

"I myself, even knowing this, am far from immune. I attribute my late night studiousness to lunar affiliation, and my studies include the manipulation of incantation formulae, dissembling and reassembling them to create variation of arcanum. Though I first must build foundations of such magic of compatible strengths to reorder them. I've also broken down the summon familiar spell and I believe I'm on the verge of creating a intangible substitute of pure incantation.

OOC

spacer.png

Mwende Nabbasu - Cleric (Life) 5 - Hp 38 - AC 19

Mwende welcomed the visitor with the chicken and rice dish she was cooking, when Ahmos spoke of his escape she asks "why do you overcomplicate your sentences"? Mwende then realises that the statement might be a little rude, so she says "please forgive me, " that sounded a little blunt. I did not mean it to sound rude it is just, well you use such big words needlessly" she said trying not to sound rude.

Edited by paladinred (see edit history)

Ahmonet

Ahmonet burst out laughing, "Ohh my goodness, thank you Mwende.. I just assumed he was thinking aloud after several sentences and well.. phased his voice out." She takes a serious note though, "Sometimes it's better to simplify your statements for the less educated, not everyone here is readily interested in a walking, speaking library of knowledge."

She then tries to smile properly, "I am sure you would make a most excellent professor at one of the Kaliph's Halls of Knowledge. If we manage to return safely, I don't have much weight, but I would be glad to put in a word for you."

Listening to Mwende Ahmonet's rebuke and mockery, set him on edge. He was unsure how to process the comments or the potential recommendation to the Kaliph's library. What value would it be for an ignoramus to recommend him for such a position. If they were not interested in knowledge, that was fine, but he would at least be polite enough to answer the cook's question. "Using elaborate vocabulary lends to communication with a specificity that is distressingly lacking whilst utilizing a relatively simplified vernacular." He then sighed and dumbed down his speech, though he seemed to pause and periodically cringe as he spoke now. "I rarely.. deal.. with others outside the Order of the Scribes... and as I.. said.. I.. take spells apart and.. put them together again.. the specificity as to even the rhythm of the intonations is critical to being able to perform such arcanum without mishap. This specificity.. likely.. carries over into.. my way of speaking... it will take practice."

OOC