Setting Out

fabulist

It was a usual day in Earth-helm, the early summer came with an occasional rain of little black rocks that scraped but did broke anything. Crops were no worse than the years before, and the townsfolk felt secure behind the walls.

The evening in the Hall of Roads was loud and heavy with the scent of roasting, frying and cooking, the minstrel currently in town was playing a rather sad tune. Outside, where the noise was much milder, several guides were discussing their experiences about different lands around Earth-helm. There were some worrying news from the north, about lightning striking from the ground without signs to warn of the danger, and crytalline creatures that were dangerous both physically and psionically.

OOC

Everyone can decide whether their characters are out talking business, or inside eating/drinking/relaxing in the beginning. Soon every PC will be called to talk about a job.

I'm looking for a short warm up now with a few posts from everyone. You can make up non-world-shaking details about your earlier travels if you'd like to.

image.png.407db4ca4ac1775e06cca36f8c73b01f.png

SCHAKKA Half-Giant Soulknife (notes)

AC: 20 | HP: 18/18 | PP: 2/2

Fort: +3 | Ref: +3 | Will: +3

Resources | Spells | Skills

" ... I heard ya ... " the big, burly giantkin argues with a rumbling chuckle as the debate continues on with no end in sight, " ... and I'm telling ya, forget yer deserts, forget yer underground caves, forget yer icy tundra, it's all a buncha crap. The most dangerous place to be is a boat in a big body of water."

He pauses a moment before continuing, "I can walk across a desert. I can dig out of a tunnel. I sink like a stone, and I can't breathe water, and I'm pretty sure neither can you. Sixty seconds ... then yer done!" He defiantly folds his massive arms over his meaty chest, as if defying anyone to find fault in his logic.

Edited by CharmingSatyr (see edit history)

spacer.png

Belgrade - Forgeborn Aegis (Mecha Sentinel)

AC: 18 (Touch: 15, Flat-Footed: 13) | Mech HP: 20/20 | HP: 12/12 | Hardness: 1

Initiative: +5 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +5 | Will: +3 | Speed: 30' | PP: 4/4 | Darkvision: 60'

Melee: +7 / +7  (2d4+6, 20x2) | Ranged: +6 (1d8, 20x2, 30')

Standing silent and unmoving as the crowd parts to maneuver around him, clad in a suit of crystallized ectoplasm, Belgrade stares at the notice board outside of a tavern. He had been there for several minutes already, trying to puzzle out the incomprehensible notice. "Home-Made Pies! Several varieties!" How would a home create a pie?

Obviously, the home in question would need to be enchanted somehow, but wouldn't that simply be a magical oven-made pie or something similar? Why would someone need to enchant an entire domicile just to conjure up pies? Why would someone incur such an extravagant expense for the sake of pastries? Are they really so pleasurable as to be worth such an expense? Are the pies created randomized, or is there a way to predetermine what pie you require the building to make? People who need to eat are truly odd and seem to go to great lengths to indulge in the practice. "How very strange."

Edited by BBK (see edit history)

spacer.png

Maelwin Ashborn - Human Psion (Shaper)

-----------------------------------------------------------

While he had only left the house of his family a couple of months ago, Maelwin had already learned a lot more than he could have conceived, and he had realized he had just started. The young man's wanderlust had been severely picked, and while chilling out with his latest caravaneers, he was also on the lookout for other jobs that would entail traveling, preferentially in a new direction.

spacer.png

Caeleth nods in agreement with Schakka. Water can be dangerous, not only is movement impeded, but there is the risk of drowning, and hidden dangers as well.

Lightning striking from the ground without warning seemed very concerning, as are the crystalline creatures.

He listens for a few moments to the sad tune the minstrel is playing.

Show this

Caeleth Joronsborg

Half giant

Vitalist

AC: 16 (Touch: 12, Flat-Footed: 14) | HP: 12/12

Initiative: +2 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +2 | Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | PP: 5/5 | Low light vision

Large heavy mace: +3  (2d6+3, 20x2)

spacer.png

Caeleth grins and buckles very slightly as Shakka claps him on the shoulder and shake him. Strong as Caeleth is, the other half giant is even more powerfully built.

"Right. We will avoid water where possible, and manage it when it becomes necessary."

Turning to the musician playing a sad tune, he queries

"Minstrel! What have you heard of lightning striking from the ground, or psionic crystalline creatures?"

Looking at Belgrade, he inquires

"What is strange?"

Show this

Caeleth Joronsborg

Half giant

Vitalist

AC: 16 (Touch: 12, Flat-Footed: 14) | HP: 12/12

Initiative: +2 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +2 | Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | PP: 5/5 | Low light vision

Large heavy mace: +3  (2d6+3, 20x2)