Questions

Shocker

Is the game requiring 1st level characters and any race from the players handbook at max hit points for first level? I'm tempted to go with maybe metallic dragonborn Warlock perhaps fiend patron?? If he needs to be first level. Or Teifling Sorcerer or Rogue perhaps?

4 hours ago, Dorik said:

Is the game requiring 1st level characters and any race from the players handbook at max hit points for first level? I'm tempted to go with maybe metallic dragonborn Warlock perhaps fiend patron?? If he needs to be first level. Or Teifling Sorcerer or Rogue perhaps?

yes all Characters will have to be 1st level characters, max hit point is fine. Dragonborn characters might be an additional source of conflict for this campaign, but if that is what you want to use, I'm fine with that.

Your alternate options of the Tiefling Sorcerer or Rogue, both would be fine.

Maybe this is a presumptuous question. I've recently been accepted to a running Dragons of Icespire Peak game at level 4, but I would love to see what happens before that (Heck, getting from level 1 to level 4 would probably take ages!). I have recently been accepted into a couple 5ed games but am still pretty new to the system. Could I apply? I'll understand if spoilers cause significant problems with this module.

2 hours ago, Chaz Hoosier said:

Maybe this is a presumptuous question. I've recently been accepted to a running Dragons of Icespire Peak game at level 4, but I would love to see what happens before that (Heck, getting from level 1 to level 4 would probably take ages!). I have recently been accepted into a couple 5ed games but am still pretty new to the system. Could I apply? I'll understand if spoilers cause significant problems with this module.

Why would this be a presumptious question?
the module „Dragon of Icespire peak” is designed to be run levels 1-6, with leveling up pretty rapidly on a milestone schedule. So it should not take terribly long.
The bigger problem would be indeed, having previous knowledge of the campaign and the secrets entailed to it. Of course if either of the other players just simply wouldn’t disclose the previous knowledge to me, I would be none the wiser.

the actual question is how much fun would you have, to run through a campaign, that you already know?

Perhaps the other potential players would like to weigh in on this as well. The idea for this specific campaign is really to get familiar with PbP, running stuff on Baldr, and for me running a d&d campaign in general. If I get the impression somebody is pulling additional knowledge, I have very little compunction of shifting around some elements of the game, but would prefer not to have to do this.

19 minutes ago, Streetrat said:

Would you allow an Air Genasi Genie Warlock?

Spotted that you are restricting to PHB..that shoots down most of that idea.

Sorry, first game I‘m running for that reason I need to be sure to find all the important information on a character built. So some creative ideas like this will have to wait for another opportunity.

@Chaz Hoosier I just reread, your post and noticed I misread a good bit of what you meant. Please feel free to put an application in if you want. The concern of you having less fun with the campaign due to previous knowledge is still valid.

16 hours ago, Shocker said:

Why would this be a presumptious question?
the module „Dragon of Icespire peak” is designed to be run levels 1-6, with leveling up pretty rapidly on a milestone schedule. So it should not take terribly long.
The bigger problem would be indeed, having previous knowledge of the campaign and the secrets entailed to it. Of course if either of the other players just simply wouldn’t disclose the previous knowledge to me, I would be none the wiser.

the actual question is how much fun would you have, to run through a campaign, that you already know?

Perhaps the other potential players would like to weigh in on this as well. The idea for this specific campaign is really to get familiar with PbP, running stuff on Baldr, and for me running a d&d campaign in general. If I get the impression somebody is pulling additional knowledge, I have very little compunction of shifting around some elements of the game, but would prefer not to have to do this.

I haven't played Dragon of Icepire peak so I don't have any issues in this regards. I'm not familiar with formats or coding on Baldr either so I'm prepared to learn.

45 minutes ago, Dorik said:

I haven't played Dragon of Icepire peak so I don't have any issues in this regards. I'm not familiar with formats or coding on Baldr either so I'm prepared to learn.

I wouldn’t worry to much about the coding side if things, the wysiwyg editor is extremely easy to use. You also have almost a month to tinker with it to your hearts desire, at the end of the day what you put in your posts matters a lot more than how they look.
Bwatford has a big library of amazing looking templates, the easiest way to nick them is hit the clone button, open the source, copy everything, then close that post without saving. Then go to one of your threads, like the application and make a new post hit source again paste everything and you can then modify in the editor to your taste.
its not difficult, but can be a rabbit hole of endless tinkering.

Good morning friends (GMT-4), Not so-new to 5e (other than the usual run of playing more or less singular scenarios on this site before games stall), but very new to Baldr. Ok if I apply to the game? I clicked on Join Game (what’s this button do? lol), but not wishing to be presumptive. Hope y’all will indulge me as a fifth player. I can do an app forthwith.

edit - Also, I accidentally replied to @tyrtaeus (character thread), as I attempted to kindly copy the wonderful format to use for my app. I hid the reply, couldn’t figure out how to delete it lol. I guess I have some learning to do. 🙂

Also hoping everyone’s well today.

Edited by guitarist (see edit history)

52 minutes ago, guitarist said:

Good morning friends (GMT-4), Not so-new to 5e (other than the usual run of playing more or less singular scenarios on this site before games stall), but very new to Baldr. Ok if I apply to the game? I clicked on Join Game (what’s this button do? lol), but not wishing to be presumptive. Hope y’all will indulge me as a fifth player. I can do an app forthwith.

edit - Also, I accidentally replied to @tyrtaeus (character thread), as I attempted to kindly copy the wonderful format to use for my app. I hid the reply, couldn’t figure out how to delete it lol. I guess I have some learning to do. 🙂

Also hoping everyone’s well today.

You are welcome to put your application in. @tyrtaeus I removed that accidentally post by @guitarist 

the join button essentially just allows you to follow the progress of things right now. At the moment following the game would have done the same thing. After the game starts, members who have joined the game will also be able to see what happens when the status switches away from public.
Once I’m done selecting the party on 8/1 I’ll likely make some changes to the statusof people who have joined, but are not in the party.

3 minutes ago, tyrtaeus said:

Thank you! I got the notification about the post and I thought BALDR was broken because I couldn't see anything lol

Sorry should have let you know about it before making the change, but when I saw that I have the authority to remove this, i thought i better do it.
I do understand why he wanted your template, it looks very neat. Please do remember to provide a link to the Charactersheet as well.

Oh I have to make a character sheet as well, I've been pretty busy at work, so it's kind of a slow process, but I will get her done!

also @guitarist if you want to use the template, by all means use it. It's probably not super stable, since I just kind of improvised the coding on my phone.

Edited by tyrtaeus (see edit history)