Feature Request: Source Editing Keep Cursor Position

When using the Source option when editing a post, is there any way to make it so that it starts you at the very top of the post rather than dragging you all the way to the bottom?

It's just a little annoying (OK, more than a little, at least for me) having to constantly scroll up to the top, especially given how much longer posts are in that format. It can also be a bit disorienting given what one normally expects when editing a post, which defaults to the top.

I had a thought just now... What if on the side of the source window, you add a button that runs js to go to the top and then another button that goes to the bottom? Some people might've liked the previous functionality. I know adding buttons to stuff like this is a much larger undertaking, though. Just food for thought.

Personally, I'd love if when you hit source, the cursor went to whatever element you were previously at, so you didn't have to scroll to find it (some of my pages are very long). I know that is a large ask though, and not sure it can even really be done (though the built-in browser's inspect option does this).

16 hours ago, Malkavian Grin said:

I had a thought just now... What if on the side of the source window, you add a button that runs js to go to the top and then another button that goes to the bottom? Some people might've liked the previous functionality. I know adding buttons to stuff like this is a much larger undertaking, though. Just food for thought.

Personally, I'd love if when you hit source, the cursor went to whatever element you were previously at, so you didn't have to scroll to find it (some of my pages are very long). I know that is a large ask though, and not sure it can even really be done (though the built-in browser's inspect option does this).

I've asked for the source to jump to the cursor before and i think i remember it being a pain - but if its possible, i'd also vote for this.

The old saying goes something like, "The difficult we do right away; the impossible will take slightly longer." 😄 Figuring out where the cursor is in a contenteditable div is not an easy task (read: StackOverflow doesn't have it solved reliably and people have been working on it for years), but if it can be done, I'll figure it out.