Into the keep

KoboldDM

Entering into the double doors the party comes upon a strange sight. What was once a large and well to do throne room has been mostly cleared out of any finery. The red carpet leading up to the throne worn and frayed, missing half of it, dug into the floor is a large vat of some kind containing a glowing pink liquid, floating inside the vat is a large brain with several tentacles that move about while it floats in it's brine. Along the floor are large metal tubes that link to the vat and snake their way back behind the throne.
The throne of the long dead lord of this keep having two old statues flaking them, one skeleton sits alone, slumped and lifeless. A relic from who knows how long ago.
(OOC: Please indicate where your movement ends on the map. Everyone has their standard action left for this round.)

Elderbrain chamber fight.png

Edited by KoboldDM (see edit history)

Fredrick Jacobs

e7afe5f6ec69f14c5ddcd7b9d959cd0f.jpgFredrick Jacobs  HP: 60/60   Saves: Fort 6, Ref 10, Will 7  AC: 20, 13(touch), 17(flat-footed) Defensively: 24, Full Defense: 27 Initiative: 3, Speed: 30 Perception: +18

Fredrick again begins to inspire his companions as they proceed to enter into the room, he makes his spot just to the left of the doorway ready to fire off a crossbow bolt.

K4

Inspire Courage (Su)

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

spacer.png

Basics

Characer Name: Ishino Haruyoshi
Race: Gim
Classes: Zweihander Sentinel Warder
Roles: Heavy Hitter
Theme: 南西 Kokunai Shrine - Samurai Emperor

Ishino

Ishino walks a little bit further into the room than Fredrick did, looking at the vat from a slight distance. "So this brain thing is the big boss of these creatures?" he projects into the network.

Headshot

Robbert O'Finn | Sylv | Cryptic 6 | Initiative +5 | Speed 30 ft | HP 54/66 [THP: 0] | Power Points 19/38
AC: 20, Touch: 15, Flat-Footed 15, CMD: 21 | Fort +9 Ref +14 Will +13 | BAB 4.5 | ResistancesNone | ConditionsNone

Disrupt Pattern (PBS) +10 (1d6+8 +2d6, 20x2)
MW Shortbow (+1 Adamant Arrows) +10 (1d6+1, 20x3)
+1 Adamantine Rapier +7 (1d6+3, 18-20x2)
+1 Adamantine Dagger +7 (1d4+3, 19-20x2)

Skills, Abilities, and Powers

Acrobatics +9, Appraise +11, Craft (Traps) +24, Disable Device +14*+17 vs. Traps, KnowledgeArcana +16
Dungeoneering +16
Engineering +11
Geography +11
History +16
Local +12
Martial +12
Nature +16
Nobility +11
Planes +16
Psionics +16
Religion +16
, Linguistics +14, Perception +11*+14 vs. Traps
Automatic check within 10 ft. of a Trap
Profession (Librarian) +11, Spellcraft +16, Stealth +9, Use Magic Device +18

Altered Defense: 9/11r per day (Swift, +2 DR/-, Dodge AC, or Bonus to Hit someone who hit you)
Disable Locks 6/10 per day (Standard, 30 ft range, ML +10 vs. Lock DC)
Branding Pattern (Swift, Ranged Touch, target takes +[7] damage from you until the start of your next turn)
Disable Weapon or Armor (Melee Touch, ML check DC 11+ML of object, suppress item for 5 rounds)

Cryptic TalentsCosts 1 PP.
Instant powers can be cast w/o PP cost while maintaining Psionic Focus
May expend Psionic Focus instead of paying 1 PP.

Detect Psionics: 60 ft. Cone, Concentration, detect Psionic / Magic auras.
Ectoplasmic Trinket: 1m/ML, create an object up to 1 GP and 1 ft. cube. Complex objects require a Craft check.
Far Hand: Close, Concentration up to 1m, unattended object up to 5 lb. Move Action to move object up to 15 ft. Augment(Bulleted List)
+2 PP = +5 ft. range.
+1 PP = +2 lb.

Psionic Repair: 10m, 1 object up to 1 lb. / ML. Must have higher ML than the repaired object. Repair 1d4 HP.

Cryptic PowersMatching Tattoo always glows when manifesting, even if suppressing other signs.

Many powers can be augmented in more than one way. When the Augment section contains bulleted paragraphs, you need to spend power points separately for each of the bulleted options. When a paragraph in the Augment section begins with “In addition,” you gain the indicated benefit according to how many power points you have already decided to spend on manifesting the power.

Inertial Armor: Personal, 1h/ML, +4 Force Armor to AC, Augment+2 PP = +1 AC
Guidance of the Ancestors: Personal, 1m/ML, +2 Insight to one Knowledge. Augment(Bulleted List)
+1 PP = +1 Bonus [Stacks to +10],
+4 PP and Focus = Weapon Proficiency,
+2 PP = +1 Language.

+1 Skill per +4 PP total.

Mind Palace: Personal, Immediate, +1d4 to your next d20 roll before the start of your next turn. Augment+2 PP = +1d4
Precognition, Defensive: Personal, 1m/ML, +1 Insight to AC and Saves, Augment(Bulleted List)
+3 PP = +1 Bonus [Stacks]
+6 PP = Swift

Dirt Nap: 1h/ML, 5 x 10 ft dirt or stone rectangle, ground turns semi-solidThe interface between this extradimensional space and the material plane is semi-solid and can support covering materials such as spread straw or a sleeping bag. The interface can support up to 20 pounds of material. Such items can be placed from within the space by reaching up then gently retracting your hands, leaving the items above what you now see as your ceiling. and opens into an extra dimensional space that holds up to 8 creatures of any size. Augment+2 PP = +1 Creature
Heightened Vision: Personal, 1h/ML, 60 ft. Darkvision
Holographic Projection: Long, Concentration, 4x 10 ft. cubes, Will Save. Create images, sounds, or thermal sensations. Augment(Bulleted List)
+2 PP per duration (r/ML, m/ML, h/ML, Permanent)
+4 PP to replace the senses, save does not negate blindness,
+8 to selectively replace senses but not everything, allowing for some objects to be invisible but not everything, or show some objects while changing the environment.
+2 PP adds smell, taste, and touch,
+2 PP = 30 ft. cube / ML,
+4 PP illusion can deal 2d6+ML Force damage, Fort half.

+1 DC per +2 PP Total

With Illithid reinforcements swiftly coming Robbert took a moment to reinforce his protection with a little bit of Precognition, letting him see just moments in the future to anticipate blows or brace against magic effects.

Telepathy "Well that's not something you see every day... If only they weren't hostile, I would pay dearly to... pick it's brain."

Aloud he makes an apology to the unknown skeleton on the throne. "Sorry King, but it seems we must desecrate your throne room a little bit more now. I hope to get the chance to find out who you were."

Show this

Precognition, Defensive (4 PP) = +2 Insight AC and Saves

Move K7

EIZAN

Like the crazy fox she is Eizan whips around on Oda once all her companions are in the room with her. She then shuts the door and takes out her Builder's Hammer! Deftly she smacks pitons through the doors and into the threshold to make it harder for their foes to pursue them!

"Don't worry! I barred the door!" Eizan calls out.

Actions

Ending my move at K6 after barring the door.

spacer.png

Inside each of their minds the party hears the same ominous voice. It sounds old beyond anything that they have come across. An alien like intellect that carries with it the weight of an advanced species bend on one goal. "You must be the ones I failed to secure, I will say I have found delving into the minds of your fellows quite interesting, your culture and languages are unlike any other I have come across in my many years. Be that as it may you are not at a level to pose a significant threat had I not lost the majority of my crew. Still you have managed to slay four of my children so I hope you understand my precautions as we move forward with this meeting." It spoke to them calm and collected as if it was fully in charge of the situation. A reddish light shimmered before it's lobe and ectoplasm appeared forming a crystal structure before it, large golem taking shape. It's empty eyes scanning the party while it waited for commands. "I will assume that small show is enough to indicate my power. All of you have proven quite capable indeed. Not weak willed as those I found in the city and surrounding farms. You must have goals, wants, needs and truth be told there is only so much I can do while building my forces. You are native here, well known, respected, and have the ability to venture out as you see fit. I have knowledge, power, and goods. Instead of fighting I propose a partnership." Everything rushed into their minds at great speeds so the long conversation took only a few seconds for everyone to understand.

Fredrick Jacobs

e7afe5f6ec69f14c5ddcd7b9d959cd0f.jpgFredrick Jacobs  HP: 60/60   Saves: Fort 6, Ref 10, Will 7  AC: 20, 13(touch), 17(flat-footed) Defensively: 24, Full Defense: 27 Initiative: 3, Speed: 30 Perception: +18

Fredrick feels hesitant, but speaks out, "I would like to know your long term plans. We know that your servants feed off the minds of their victims, and what's to stop you from turning everyone here into cattle?"

Inspire Courage (Su)

Name
Diplomacy
1d20+11 14
Sense Motive
1d20+9 1

The wave of psionic energy rippled through the air once more as the brain spoke to everyone. "My plans are simple enough. I intend to keep dominating the minds of those weaker willed, allowing them to rest from their self imposed turmoil of day to day life. You folk make everything so complicated. Money, station, government, even your reproductive process is steeped in complicated rituals that must be adhered to perfectly to secure your future. Those that fail any ritual you've set forth are deemed to be outcasts in some way shape or form, the worst of all are those that are left to starve in the streets debasing themselves for a hand out. I will take all that away. You all will be given knowledge to serve the colony, each one working their respective task each day free from the burden of individual thought. When you are too infirmed or old to serve your intended function you shall become food for myself and those children I have created to spread my influence. No need for rituals, no unneeded suffering, no wars, crime, or bickering over land and luxuries. Only Sugravul." Sugravul explained as if it was speaking to a child. "The more exceptional among you shall be gifted with the honor of being host to one of my children. A prize that you yourself may one day win."

(9 Turns left.)

Name
Misfortune save
1d20+3 2
Golem attack on Ishino
1d20+13 12
Golem Damage
1d8+7 8
Golem Reflex save
1d20+3 17
Golem attack (Disadvantage)
1d20+13 12

EIZAN

"Don't listen to it, Fredrick! It speaks in brain juice words and wants to put worms in your ears!" Eizan shouts out, pointing her spear at the brain in a tank.

"I am Eizan and I speak for the trees!" she adds with authority, mustering a hex and casting it upon the crystalline mook. "I came to beat up psychos that aren't my allies and chew dried fruits - and I'm all out of dried fruits! I'm the only one who can take away my free will, wrinkles!"

Whether or not her hex lands she begins to cackle to empower it if it does work!

Actions

Standard action to cast Misfortune Hex on the construct (Will 16 or basically take disadvantage on all ability checks, attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks). This lasts one round. I cackle to extend that one round to two rounds as a move action.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Basics

Characer Name: Ishino Haruyoshi
Race: Gim
Classes: Zweihander Sentinel Warder
Roles: Heavy Hitter
Theme: 南西 Kokunai Shrine - Samurai Emperor

Ishino

"What she said. I like having my own will, and so do most other people." Ishino says, before stepping forward and slashing at the golemUsing Disparity Blow.

Name
Disparity Blow
1d20+11 14
Attack Damage
3d6+16 6,6,6
Disparity Blow Damage
2d6 4,3
Disparity Blow Trip
1d20+16 11
Reflex vs DC 14
1d20+10 5

Headshot

Robbert O'Finn | Sylv | Cryptic 6 | Initiative +5 | Speed 30 ft | HP 54/66 [THP: 0] | Power Points 19/38
AC: 20, Touch: 15, Flat-Footed 15, CMD: 21 | Fort +9 Ref +14 Will +13 | BAB 4.5 | ResistancesNone | ConditionsNone

Acrobatics +9, Appraise +11, Craft (Traps) +24, Disable Device +14*+17 vs. Traps, KnowledgeArcana +16
Dungeoneering +16
Engineering +11
Geography +11
History +16
Local +12
Martial +12
Nature +16
Nobility +11
Planes +16
Psionics +16
Religion +16
, Linguistics +14, Perception +11*+14 vs. Traps
Automatic check within 10 ft. of a Trap

Altered Defense: 9/11r per day (Swift, +2 DR/-, Dodge AC, or Bonus to Hit someone who hit you)
Branding Pattern (Swift, Ranged Touch, target takes +[7] damage from you until the start of your next turn)
Disable Weapon or Armor (Melee Touch, ML check DC 11+ML of object, suppress item for 5 rounds)

Cryptic TalentsCosts 1 PP.
Instant powers can be cast w/o PP cost while maintaining Psionic Focus
May expend Psionic Focus instead of paying 1 PP.

Ectoplasmic Trinket: 1m/ML, create an object up to 1 GP and 1 ft. cube. Complex objects require a Craft check.
Far Hand: Close, Concentration up to 1m, unattended object up to 5 lb. Move Action to move object up to 15 ft. Augment(Bulleted List)
+2 PP = +5 ft. range.
+1 PP = +2 lb.

Psionic Repair: 10m, 1 object up to 1 lb. / ML. Must have higher ML than the repaired object. Repair 1d4 HP.

Cryptic PowersMatching Tattoo always glows when manifesting, even if suppressing other signs.

Many powers can be augmented in more than one way. When the Augment section contains bulleted paragraphs, you need to spend power points separately for each of the bulleted options. When a paragraph in the Augment section begins with “In addition,” you gain the indicated benefit according to how many power points you have already decided to spend on manifesting the power.

Inertial Armor: Personal, 1h/ML, +4 Force Armor to AC, Augment+2 PP = +1 AC
Guidance of the Ancestors: Personal, 1m/ML, +2 Insight to one Knowledge. Augment(Bulleted List)
+1 PP = +1 Bonus [Stacks to +10],
+4 PP and Focus = Weapon Proficiency,
+2 PP = +1 Language.

+1 Skill per +4 PP total.

Mind Palace: Personal, Immediate, +1d4 to your next d20 roll before the start of your next turn. Augment+2 PP = +1d4
Precognition, Defensive: Personal, 1m/ML, +1 Insight to AC and Saves, Augment(Bulleted List)
+3 PP = +1 Bonus [Stacks]
+6 PP = Swift

Dirt Nap: 1h/ML, 5 x 10 ft dirt or stone rectangle, ground turns semi-solidThe interface between this extradimensional space and the material plane is semi-solid and can support covering materials such as spread straw or a sleeping bag. The interface can support up to 20 pounds of material. Such items can be placed from within the space by reaching up then gently retracting your hands, leaving the items above what you now see as your ceiling. and opens into an extra dimensional space that holds up to 8 creatures of any size. Augment+2 PP = +1 Creature
Holographic Projection: Long, Concentration, 4x 10 ft. cubes, Will Save. Create images, sounds, or thermal sensations. Augment(Bulleted List)
+2 PP per duration (r/ML, m/ML, h/ML, Permanent)
+4 PP to replace the senses, save does not negate blindness,
+8 to selectively replace senses but not everything, allowing for some objects to be invisible but not everything, or show some objects while changing the environment.
+2 PP adds smell, taste, and touch,
+2 PP = 30 ft. cube / ML,
+4 PP illusion can deal 2d6+ML Force damage, Fort half.

+1 DC per +2 PP Total

It's a good thing that Eizan called out to Frederic, because Robbert was actually considering the creature's offer at first. To speak with what seemed to be an ancient being and learn from it was extremely tempting, but it wasn't until Eizan called out that he'd caught on to the creature's plan to use them as hosts for it's children and not to elevate them in other ways.

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I'd rather my brain remain unpicked in the literal sense!"

Reaching out with his Pattern he sensed for weaknesses on the Brain's before sending a squid looking burst of energy into the Brain to scramble it.

Show this

Branding Pattern: Ranged Touch, target takes +[7] Damage from Robbert until the start of his next turn.

Disrupt Pattern: Ranged Touch, 1d6+[8] +2d6 Damage.

Edited by Valdimarian (see edit history)
Name
Branding Pattern
1d20+14 13
Disrupt Pattern
1d20+14 5
Disrupt Pattern Damage
3d6+15 1,4,5

Fredrick Jacobs

e7afe5f6ec69f14c5ddcd7b9d959cd0f.jpgFredrick Jacobs  HP: 60/60   Saves: Fort 6, Ref 10, Will 7  AC: 20 (22), 13(touch), 17(flat-footed) Defensively: 24, Full Defense: 27 Initiative: 3, Speed: 30 Perception: +18

Fredrick says, "As tempting an invitation, I have to agree with my companions, simply put, humans and the like, enjoy their chaotic lives and freedom of will." He draws and fires the crossbow for whatever it's worth!

Inspire Courage (Su)

Iron Hand Stance

By keeping his hands stiff and his arms loose and ready, the disciple uses his bare palms as shields to protect himself from the weapons of his foes. While in this stance, the initiator gains a +2 shield bonus to his AC while he has at least one free hand. At the initiator’s 6th initiator level, this bonus increases by +1, again at 12th level, and a final time at 18th level.

Name
PewPew
26; 1
1d20+7;1d6 [19]; [19,1]
PewPew Crit
23; 6
1d20+7;1d6 [16]; [16,6]

Ishino damages the golem deeply, cutting into it's crystalline form and leaving a large gash as shards scatter the floor. It rears back and takes a swing at him connecting with a powerful blow (Ishino takes 15 damage)
Sugravul thrashes around in it's brine, tentacles flailing in pain. It stops all mental communication with people and instead concentrates on a psionic power. Green tendrils of energy snake out of it pulling in dust and loose stones from around the room, combining them with ectoplasm to create a large pitted stone, it hovers for a moment then comes crashing down striking the floor where Ishino was just standing (J5) shards of stone and crystal shooting out in a wide spray.
(15 foot radios burst, Everyone needs to make a DC 14 reflex save for half damage. This is piercing damage. Total damage 12, 8 rounds left.)

Name
Shard damage
5d4 2,3,1,4,2

Headshot

AC: 20, Touch: 15, Flat-Footed 15, CMD: 21 | Fort +9 Ref +14 Will +13 | BAB 4.5 | Resistances | Conditions

Acrobatics +9, Appraise +11, Craft (Traps) +24, Disable Device +14*, Knowledge, Linguistics +14, Perception +11*,

Cryptic Talents

Far Hand: Close, Concentration up to 1m, unattended object up to 5 lb. Move Action to move object up to 15 ft. Augment

Cryptic Powers

Inertial Armor: Personal, 1h/ML, +4 Force Armor to AC, Augment
Guidance of the Ancestors: Personal, 1m/ML, +2 Insight to one Knowledge. Augment
Mind Palace: Personal, Immediate, +1d4 to your next d20 roll before the start of your next turn. Augment
Precognition, Defensive: Personal, 1m/ML, +1 Insight to AC and Saves, Augment

Dirt Nap: 1h/ML, 5 x 10 ft dirt or stone rectangle, ground turns semi-solid and opens into an extra dimensional space that holds up to 8 creatures of any size. Augment
Holographic Projection: Long, Concentration, 4x 10 ft. cubes, Will Save. Create images, sounds, or thermal sensations. Augment

Pelted with a scattering of rocks Robbert objected vocally before deciding to scatter himself, moving around behind one of the benches to get some more room between himself and his allies to avoid another large attack like that. Just in case the thing had tentacles like it's bipedal 'children' he kept a 20 ft. distance from it.

"Scatter!"

Another use of his Pattern abilities to mark the Brain's weakpoints before he launched another squid like disruption of the creature.

Show this

(Swift) Branding Pattern: Ranged Touch, target takes +[7] Damage from Robbert until the start of his next turn.

(Standard) Disrupt Pattern: Ranged Touch, 1d6+[8] +2d6 Damage.

(Move) Move: I9

Name
Branding Pattern
1d20+15 16
Disrupt Pattern (Hit)
1d20+15 3
Disrupt Pattern (Damage)
3d6+15 5,1,4
Reflex Save
1d20+14 12

Fredrick Jacobs

e7afe5f6ec69f14c5ddcd7b9d959cd0f.jpgFredrick Jacobs  HP: 52/60   Saves: Fort 6, Ref 10, Will 7  AC: 20 (22), 13(touch), 17(flat-footed) Defensively: 24, Full Defense: 27 Initiative: 3, Speed: 30 Perception: +18

Fredrick tries to avoid the effects of the stone crystal, as he moves to reload his crossbow. He continues his mental focus on the Inspire Courage, as everyone still can use the extra edge.

Move: I-1

Inspire Courage (Su)

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)
Name
Reflex
1d20+10 14