Should we remove the icon from OOC tag formatting?

Should we remove the icon from OOC tag formatting?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should we remove the icon from OOC tag formatting?

• Yes, we should remove the icon and keep the sanctity of IC text intact!
    • No, we should leave the icon and disrupt the flow of IC text most egregiously!

5 minutes ago, Khakhan said:

I actually prefer the icon, but I also... don't like the use of OOC tags in the middle of the post, tbh. 

However, the magnifying glass is good. I really quite like it.

The small or large magnifier, and the font colored one or the red one?

Despite my suggestion of the bang, upon consideration, the magnifier beats it on every marker.

It's non-specific to text color, is appropriately sized, and can't be mistaken for a written character. As a compromise, I suggest adding the looking glass as an emoji to be targeted by OOC text, if there's not going to be a token to indicate.
Also add the bang to emojis for the same reason, so I can continue to look smart.

36 minutes ago, Aavarius said:

I like this one best so far.  Any way we can get it double-dot-lined? Or maybe double-dash-lined? Just something to further differentiate it from an HTML link.

Doesn't really change it at that close of spacing. I could change the font style to help it standout but I think the double line works well.

My personal preference is text-decoration underline dotted - as you would see in the default styling on an abbr tag, since I think it really serves the same function:

Like this

But if that is deemed too subtle, double underline works fine for me 🙂.

2 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

@bwatford

Are you still working on this?  I ask because we have the double underline in the default theme, but speech bubbles in all other themes.  Regardless of whichever way this eventually goes, any chance you can get these the same across all themes?

Just returned from vacation early this morning, this is on my to do list over the weekend.

We will be adding the double underline across all themes.