Table Talk/OOC

Doby

• 2 months later...

Rob, thanks for the interest, but I'm not accepting new players at this time.  The game is still played at the old site, I'm just slowly setting up and moving things over to learn Baldr.  I don't even know how to set it to not accept new players, so I still clearly have a lot to learn over here 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Sort of a test to see who has made it over here to check out the new site, but each party member is being granted an extra trait.  I've compiled options for each player to choose from based on how you've played for character (and one general option for anyone to take).

Ingrid: Caution (+1 dodge bonus when fighting defensively), devoted healer (take 20 to treat deadly wounds, heal additional 1d4)

Coal: Armor Expert (ACP -1), blessed touch (+1 healed by lay on hands, channeling energy, or cure spells)

Nancy: Unintentional Linguist (+1 linguistics, +1 outside language), dogged (roll gains +1 after rolling natural 1)

Quim: beast bond (+1 handle animal & ride), suspicious (+1 sense motive, makes it a class skill)

Draco: for the money (haggle bonus, +1 appr), Triaxus-Trained (+1 perc, +1 to influence dragons)

Anyone: Freed Slave (homebrew: you survived captivity by your strong will, stout back, or quick reactions to danger.  You gain a +1 trait bonus to will, fortitude, or reflex saves [your choice upon taking trait]).

If you don't like the ones I selected for you, I'm open to suggestions, but I am going to base my decision on in-character actions.

Yeah, diving in is probably the best plan.  While the format and structure of the new site will definitely take some getting used to, my experience so far is that navigating the forums now is more like using a word processor rather then lite coding like the old site.  I'm sure it will be better in the long run. 

I think a majority of my games are over on Baldr now and I need to get my transferred over at some point. I also think I'm going to try and see if I can't get a better post template for Quim over here. I've been putting it off for a bit and this might be a good time to go hunt one down.

I mentioned this on the Discord, but I want to also mention it here for anyone who spends more time on the site.

Winter is coming to the our little fiefdom. OOC/Personally, I don't see a point in burning time and resources on a farm or fishery when it'll just get swallowed up by wintry weather in the next few months. I'd even go so far as to say that if we come up with something interesting and need to pull resources from the Tower, we do that too because it doesn't need to finish immediately either. 

My votes are:

1. Storehouse

2. Smokehouse/Drying Rack House

3. Stables / Barn

4. Well

5. Secure Coffers. 

(in no particular order)

Edited by Basil_Bottletop (see edit history)

I do appreciate the realism you're trying to inject into the game. I agree that a lot of crops would probably fail or be lost during winter seasons. That said, I don't think it would be super Fair of me to completely negate a structure or Improvement that the settlement built due to something like weather. I just don't think the kingdom or settlement building rules are that deep or complex. I can definitely see a situation where I give the group an option to perform a task or roll a check to save the crops, something like that. I can also see an invading Army, the Orcs for example, targeting the group's food Supply by razing a farm that was left undefended.

Not sure if any of that would cause you to change your vote period your choices are very viable and reasonable as well period at this point there's really no bad choice as the settlement will benefit from anything the group decides to build there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 11:42 PM, Doby said:

Sort of a test to see who has made it over here to check out the new site, but each party member is being granted an extra trait.  I've compiled options for each player to choose from based on how you've played for character (and one general option for anyone to take).

Ingrid: Caution (+1 dodge bonus when fighting defensively), devoted healer (take 20 to treat deadly wounds, heal additional 1d4)

Coal: Armor Expert (ACP -1), blessed touch (+1 healed by lay on hands, channeling energy, or cure spells)

Nancy: Unintentional Linguist (+1 linguistics, +1 outside language), dogged (roll gains +1 after rolling natural 1)

Quim: beast bond (+1 handle animal & ride), suspicious (+1 sense motive, makes it a class skill)

Draco: for the money (haggle bonus, +1 appr), Triaxus-Trained (+1 perc, +1 to influence dragons)

Anyone: Freed Slave (homebrew: you survived captivity by your strong will, stout back, or quick reactions to danger.  You gain a +1 trait bonus to will, fortitude, or reflex saves [your choice upon taking trait]).

If you don't like the ones I selected for you, I'm open to suggestions, but I am going to base my decision on in-character actions.

I kind of forgot about this!

Mechanically speaking, Freed Slave seems like it's just... way better? Thematically I like Dogged I guess, at least based on recent events, though is that just one roll after any nat 1, or the same type of roll, or what? Linguist... does make sense, though Nancy will already know more languages than she had any right to due to Curse of Tongues.