Table Talk/OOC

Doby

Well, Freed Slave isn't entirely inappropriate flavour-wise, it just kinda sticks out mechanically, is all.

Dogged... hmm, that's definitely more flexible, but it's also only 1/day (mind you, only triggering off a nat 1 probably means it's pretty rare anyway). I know traits are meant to be very minor but I wonder if that's in the "probably doesn't actually ever make a difference" camp, in which case, well, you don't need any mechanical bonuses at all to have good flavour or an interesting story.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brief recap on where things are:

Combat is effectively over as the creature has flown away.

The panicked condition has worn off of those who were affected by it.

The guard is currently unconscious after the last attack by the cloaker and is lying prone in the driver's box of the wagon.

You've heard calls for the guards from the townsfolk, though you don't see any yet.

At this point, anyone is free to post as we aren't going by any combat order.

• 2 months later...

Quim's knowledge of these creatures is far from complete, however, he has heard of frog men in his travels. He has heard them referred to as scum or 'skum,' as in pond scum on account of their looking like frogs. It's safe to assume that encountering them is rare, as he's only heard a few wild stories of them, but they are considered vicious, dangerous creatures and are excellent swimmers.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, we're still trying to figure out how 4 people in the house all got sick within an hour of each other. My middle child didn't eat the same foods as we did on Sunday night and there's just enough gap in 'time spent around each other' over Friday-Sunday that we weren't all crammed in one room for long periods of time. On Sunday, we were around 4 adults and 2 elderly people, none of which got sick. I don't get home until late on Friday nights, so if my oldest brought something home from school, the rest of the family had multiple hours of gestation before it hit me. We also know it wasn't environmental, because I'm an idiot and tried to power through it on Monday morning and drove the hour-long commute to work and hid in a cubicle for an hour+ before deciding to dip out for my mom's couch. I got sick there too a few hours later.

Strange indeed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't look to see if my modifiers were actually right. I just copied the modifiers from an old roll. I know he gets some bonuses for being away from others so I think it's up to six. Otherwise, the 10 might be lower than actually 10. Womp Womp.

• 5 weeks later...