Increase the size of the posting field when editing?

Arklytte

Is there any way to do this?  It's maddening to have such a microscopic text box when editing posts in a thread.  I'm on a 17" laptop and the view when I try to edit is smaller than the one I get on my tablet.

I know that everyone involved in the running of this board seems to think that Mobile Uber Alles is the wave of MW's future. But can you throw us PC users some kind of bone?

32 minutes ago, Arklytte said:

Is there any way to do this?  It's maddening to have such a microscopic text box when editing posts in a thread.  I'm on a 17" laptop and the view when I try to edit is smaller than the one I get on my tablet.

I know that everyone involved in the running of this board seems to think that Mobile Uber Alles is the wave of MW's future. But can you throw us PC users some kind of bone?

There is a way, CKEditor has a maximize editor plugin that will work on Invision, I will need to get an admin to install the button and test it.

@Eric

Posting the link to the plugin below.

Maximize | CKEditor.com

53 minutes ago, Eric said:

Well, it's in. But there is definitely work to be done to make it compatible, as it appears to make all of the header dropdown menus visible on screen.

EDIT: Posto Maximo!

Two small issues

1. In maximize mode, the preview button does not work.
2. When you click to add a link it is popping up under the maximized editor (sure that is just a z-index issue)

Everything else seems to work good. Great job Eric.

28 minutes ago, bwatford said:

Two small issues

1. In maximize mode, the preview button does not work.
2. When you click to add a link it is popping up under the maximized editor (sure that is just a z-index issue)

Everything else seems to work good. Great job Eric.

IPS wrote their own custom stuff for preview and link. These will be a bit trickier to take on.

@Eric@bwatford Ok, I dont quite understand this, but there's definitely something screwy going on.

The new Maximize button appears on new posts, and when I go to edit the first post in a thread, but it's not appearing in subsequent posts in a thread when I go to edit them.

EDIT: Ok, correction, it seems that it did show up when I went to edit this post (and a couple others in this thread), but it's not showing up in every thread.  As an example, it's not showing up in THIS THREAD (other than in the initial post).

EDITEDIT: Tried to attach a screenshot, but apparently the board is being pissy. 😛

Edited by Arklytte (see edit history)

What's interesting from my point of view is that's there's no maximize on mobile phones 

The buttons scroll out on the top but there's no second scroll bar any longer since the change was made.

Good enough imho for phone access.

On 5/30/2022 at 4:16 AM, Arklytte said:

@Eric@bwatford Ok, I dont quite understand this, but there's definitely something screwy going on.

The new Maximize button appears on new posts, and when I go to edit the first post in a thread, but it's not appearing in subsequent posts in a thread when I go to edit them.

EDIT: Ok, correction, it seems that it did show up when I went to edit this post (and a couple others in this thread), but it's not showing up in every thread.  As an example, it's not showing up in THIS THREAD (other than in the initial post).

EDITEDIT: Tried to attach a screenshot, but apparently the board is being pissy. 😛

@Eric @bwatford Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

This is still happening, at random, in multiple threads.  In can, for example, see the Maximize button on this post, and this thread, but in a game I'm applying for, it's not available on any of the posts I've made, then try to go back and edit.

Also, and I'm not sure where to post this, but since this is where the whole 'Maximize the editing box' discussion seems to have started, I'll put it here, but the maximized doesn't seem to be maintaining the whole Theme when you maximize it.  It's just a basic white background with text appropriate for the theme.  It's fine in the light colored themes, with dark text, but it's nearly impossible to see in the Dark theme, with it's light grey text.