Emma Henderson - Pattern Recognition

Anthr4xus

Benjamin says his goodbyes and the lawyer's Lincoln left the lot before he even got out the front door. Emma's eyes couldn't help but linger on the backpack bouncing against his back. There was so much wealth and magic contained in that simple container, it was surprising that it didn't give off a visible Nimbus of it's own.

Having done her part in maintaining the Veil and securing powerful magic from falling back into Sleeping hands, Emma returns to her desk. Garrison catches her in the hall, matching her stride and asking, "Does that wrap up the car wreck thing? How are you feeling? Have you had a doc look at you?"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTTVXiYKKui7-Okf1gE_w

Emma Henderson, FBI agent

"I guess so," Emma said, "but you only know that something is a dead end until you run it. And no, no doctor needed. Where are we with the murder case? Any leads that didn't turn out to be a dead end."

OOC*

"Not a whole lot, really. We got confirmation that the gun we found we definitely the murder weapon, but given that it was wiped down and had the serial number removed that doesn't really open up a whole lot. Based on your interviews, we don't have any obvious suspects from close relations for either victim. Unless you have turned up something, we don't have many leads that aren't dead ends."

"Anything in Yargee's phone records, computer or home," Emma asked, "His daughter mentioned some sponsors who had been going to extreme lengths to get some of the artefacts. When asking doesn't work, taking does?"

OOC

from a previous post (and she had asked to get a team to his house):

Aiyana took the card mutely, but nodded in understanding. Emma was more than half-way back to her car, when a hand caught her elbow. Turning she sees Aiyana there, breathing rapidly as she was obviously moving quickly to catch up to the taller and longer-legged agent. "I don't know who, because he always referred to them as just sponsors, but he mentioned that a sponsor had been going to extreme lengths to try to arrange a meeting or something about buying some of the Matinecock artifacts. We had dinner the other night and it must have been a lot for him to bring it up them."

• 2 weeks later...

Garrison nodded in agreement, "Yeah, I think that is the only motive we really have to look at. You were doing the sponsor calls for people that were at the event, did any of them jump out at you as odd?"

• 2 weeks later...

"Not really," Emma asked, "I think the one that owned that van that hit me is also on the list, but everything else was - if not clean, at least clean in this regard. The only one that might be more tricky is the one that Aiyana told about, the one that was leaning on the professor. But we'll need to find that one from the professor's telephone contacts. All the othes probably have a few skeletons in their closet, but there's a difference between a few shady deals and murder."

OOC

from a previous post (and she had asked to get a team to his house):

Aiyana took the card mutely, but nodded in understanding. Emma was more than half-way back to her car, when a hand caught her elbow. Turning she sees Aiyana there, breathing rapidly as she was obviously moving quickly to catch up to the taller and longer-legged agent. "I don't know who, because he always referred to them as just sponsors, but he mentioned that a sponsor had been going to extreme lengths to try to arrange a meeting or something about buying some of the Matinecock artifacts. We had dinner the other night and it must have been a lot for him to bring it up them."