Emma Henderson - Pattern Recognition

Anthr4xus

As Emma began heading back down the hall, the door to the Cold Storage Archive opened. The little old woman was even shorter than Emma would have guessed, barely clearing four and half feet, if that. She called after Emma, "Excuse me, dearie! Hello! Wait a moment please." Her remarkably shining black shoes, low heels that gave her another inch or two, clicked as she pattered towards Emma, trying to get her attention. She held the long report form in one hand, and a large peacock feather quill in the other. The feather waggled as she waved her small hand in Emma's direction.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTTVXiYKKui7-Okf1gE_w

Emma Henderson, FBI agent

Emma wasn't surprised that something needed signing, but she took out her own pen as she couldn't write with a quill. She asked real name or shadowname and after skimming the document, she signed with that one, putting a period behind it to sever the connection so it couldn't be used as sympathetic link for spells. Strike-through would even be better, but that wasn't allowed on official documents.

"anything else I need to sign?"

"No, just one arrow," Emma explained, "but quite a load of magically imbued items. Maybe you know some of those."

Taking her cellphone she shows the pictures of the items she has taken. It's a long shot, but if she could identify one or two, then she didn't need to look those up.

"I'll drop them of tonight or tomorrow," Emma said, "tell those Arrows to hurry up though with the diamond arrow. The other side is lawyering up and I'm not sure how long I can hold on to it."

Unless there was something else, she would head back up and head back to the books for some time.

OOC

What's the in-game time at the moment. I've lost track a bit.

The old mage nodded, saying, "I'll make a note that you can provide them to investigators. No need for you to go out of your way for me, dearie. Sorry for all the bother, but I do hope to see at least some of those items back where they belong." She tottered back to her office as Emma returned to her study room.

Emma checked the time before she cracked the next book. It was getting into the early evening. Her stomach rumbled slightly and she realized that lunch felt a fair time back. She had been here researching most the afternoon, but it had only been about 30 minutes since she found the note that sent her back to Cold Storage.

Emma decided to stop searching for now and after putting the books back, she headed back home, getting some take-out along the way. Back home she quickly logged into the work server to check if there were any new updates and she send a message to Sebastian that she would go to the movies the next day. then she would go for a late night run in the park, just her regular short circuit. She would do a longer run in the morning before work.

OOC

As Emma was unlocking her door at the end of her run, her phone buzzed with a text alert. The message was from Veo, "Officially on the team, but only adjunct. I've been told to let you know that we will be taking action within 48 hours. Efforts are being taken to minimize impact. Any information you can provide about storage locations and security arrangements would be appreciated. Additionally anything that can be done to prevent close analysis would be ideal."

Just great, Emma thought

<'I'll be there in one hour.'> she texts back, before grabbing her car keys and rushing to the address. If traffic is light enough, she would just drive normally, but if needed, she would use the light and siren she has in her car. It's not really allowed to use these for private matters, but everybody in the bureau does it sometimes and as long as you don't go overboard with it, it's tolerated. She does turn it off a couple of blocks before she reaches her destination and she makes sure she isn't followed before stopping at the address given.

OOC

The address turned out to be a sizable warehouse. A parking area sat to one side, surrounded by a ten foot chain link fence topped with razor wire. Several vehicles were randomly scattered inside, but Emma's gaze was immediately drawn to two patrol vehicles in the mix. She also spotted the pole mounted camera's keeping an eagle's eye on the parking lot and a good portion of the outside of the building. There was just enough room to pull off the road and into the entry area of the fenced parking lot with an old and battered speaker box mounted on a short pole. The gate was closed and it was late enough that no one was moving in the area.