Emma Henderson - Pattern Recognition

Anthr4xus

Everyone nodded in agreement with what sounded like a very loose plan. Emma couldn't help but hope that there were more details they just weren't mentioning in front of her. A fairly subtle hand signal for recognition is quickly settled on by Veo, Emma and Mysterio, who's true Shadow Name turns out to be Näkki. Inspector Hendrix said, "Good, that's decided then. Any other questions, concerns?"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTTVXiYKKui7-Okf1gE_w

Emma Henderson, FBI agent

"One question," Emma said, "is there a plan B, if for instance I'm called away for an emergency? Those happen unfortunately, however we don't want them to."

She didn't mind that the plan was vague at some points, as that was simply the way things were. But she did want some consistency planning.

OOC

Näkki says, "Depending on how long you are going to be unavailable for, we either wait a bit or we request a secure examination area and do the swaps as quickly and quietly as possible. Depending on how tight an eye is kept on me, we may have to audible to a Port & Pirate after hours, but clearly that is the last choice."

The next morning came too early, her alarm seeming to be more strident and the sunlight too bright. Her clothes felt slightly off and weird, leading to more than one change of clothes as she got ready.

• 2 weeks later...

As there was something strange going on, Emma opened up her second sight to see if anything magical was happening before she prepped her breakfast.

OOC

Looking around through the filter of her magical sight nothing seemed out of place, other than her own increased anxiety. She had done very well keeping the weirdness of her Awakened World from impinging on the Fallen World responsibilities. To know that this group of Mages was going to not only need what she knows but would be intruding into the core of her workspace had made her more anxious than she remembered being since her early training days at Quantico.

Trying to put her anxiety aside, she got dressed, grabbed breakfast and headed into the city to her office. There she started with her work emails and other paperwork to wait until those guys were there.

OOC

As she pulled into the parking lot at the office, Emma saw Douglass and Garrison walking towards the building, chatting amicably even in the freezing weather. They both noticed you and Garrison raised a hand in a slight wave as you pulled past them. Emma caught up with them at the elevator however. "Good morning," SSA Douglass said with a slight nod. Garrison gave her a smile. Douglass continued, "Where are we on that artifact case?"

"Still following leads," Emma said, "but no breaks as of yet. But you know how it goes, a case breaks when it does and not before. There will be some lawyers over today for those artefacts we found in the van that rammed me. I guess we best let those go."

OOC

Douglass nodded and said, "Well, as long as we've gotten enough details in the report to know if they are connected to the murders." She was interrupted by the arrival of the elevator at their floor. She continued, "Any movement on that? I'm getting the feeling that this car accident has moved from odd coincidence to distraction."

Garrison jumps in and says, "We've finished analysis of Woodard's computer. Nothing of note, on the system or in emails. I'm pretty sure he was an incidental victim."

"I'd like to keep all options open," Emma said, "it can be a coincidence, but remember rule 39. I'll go over the reports as soon as I get at my desk to organise everything and then I'll let you know, okay?"

OOC

Getting to her desk, Emma began sorting through her stuff. Checking her email she saw a forwarded email from Spence, a forwarded calendar invite for 11 am that morning with a Dr. Simon Fortesque from Columbia College of Archeaology to review the seized cargo from the car wreck. There were a few other emails, but nothing relevant to the current case.

Emma accepted the invite and forwarded the invite to reception so they would know to call her when the guy arrived. Then she went over her notes on the case to refresh her mind and see what avenues of investigation they could still follow up on and what avenues were closed as of now.

OOC

something I really have to do, as I'm not sure where we are anymore. Probably something for the weekend.

Emma spent the next couple of hours reviewing her notes and other additions made by the rest of the team. No good leads on the unsub had manifested, although Garrison had found a few more details on the gun that was found a few blocks away. It was confirmed to the be gun that shot the guard at the museum, and Garrison had been able to connect it to a batch of weapons confiscated by the DC police in a drug bust about two months ago. They think some of the batch were sold before the dealers at that bust bought the lot. Garrison was working with the DC force in trying to help track down the original seller. Spence had been chasing down financials of staff at the museum to see if anyone had any unusual gains or losses recently, but it didn't look like that was panning out in any meaningful way.

Almost before she knew it, a reminder popped up on her calendar that the "expert" was expected in the next fifteen minutes.

OOC

Sorry the delay on this, I was waiting to see if you were going to post a summary.