Root Tea Party Or OOC thread

igordragonian12

Okay, I edited Brixie's post to sound more like "Might makes right". Also Brixie doesn't know what the fires are from, so she's just using it sell Ripley as being this legend.

How little Brixie knows. XD

Just for fun, I'm looking to make a character sheet for Trixie, my character lover LOL

I'm looking at the Harrier class, The Parkour harrier move:

When you dash your way through a chaotic scene or fight, roll with Finesse. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 2. Spend your hold 1-for-1 to dash to something within sight and reach without being stopped, or to dash away from something nearby without being stopped. You can dash away from an enemy even at the moment they attack. On a miss, your surroundings trip you up, and you’re caught in place while danger closes in.

Does that mean they can flee every attackers at a reaction if they pass a Finesse check?

And what does " Hold " with a number means? From what I saw, you can hold them on and add them to a future roll?

Edited by Emmerlaus (see edit history)

Ok well I did her character sheet LOL! I did skip on a few things like the equipment but that's not very important anyway LOL

Im trying to learn the game to GM it myself. If I ever GM for this setting, I would be tempted to make Shadoras and/or Trixie as NPC characters, as I would not have a lot of players to form a party of 4 lol!

EDIT: The Postman is a 1997 American epic post-apocalyptic adventure film produced and directed by Kevin Costner, who plays the lead role. It's an ok movie at best but I liked the movie concept. I think it's what inspired me to make a character who want to remake the postman services between clearing :orcgrin:

The Postman makes me think of the hook to Fallout New Vegas, where you start as a courier delivering the wasteland mail. Sorta.

Edit:

Unrelated, the site Youtooz is selling a Loona Funko Pop figure and she is cute. I lost a battle of willpower and ordered one. XD

Edited by Digodragon (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Digodragon said:

The Postman makes me think of the hook to Fallout New Vegas, where you start as a courier delivering the wasteland mail. Sorta.

Edit:

Unrelated, the site Youtooz is selling a Loona Funko Pop figure and she is cute. I lost a battle of willpower and ordered one. XD

Something is keeping me from being interested in the Fallout games... I don't know what. I think it might be because I find post apocalyptic setting to be depressive... and Fallout try to balance this a touch of absurd humor that doesn't connect with me.

I'm starting to wonder if I should make my bedroom or office have more merchandise of my favorite franchises. For exemple, I wish I could put posters of my favorite Pokémon somewhere where I live LOL! So I understand the urge and I'm not judging you. I being fighting that urge for masking my nerd side for too long too.

EDIT: By the way, did you ever met someone who had a "vibrant" personality? What was it like? Is it like a person that is instantly liked when she enter a room? Or feel like a spotlight is on them constantly? It shouldn't be a matter of charm, more like, a positive, attractive attitude someone has and that we can feel. I cant remember such person except maybe one of my aunt that passed away.

9 hours ago, Emmerlaus said:

I think it might be because I find post apocalyptic setting to be depressive... and Fallout try to balance this a touch of absurd humor that doesn't connect with me.

The Fallout games are a mix of depressing and absurd dark humor, so I can see it turn away some folks. I usually tell them to try Skytim instead as it's less depressing. XD

Personally I enjoy the games and I find some hope in the depressing themes that things can get better (like if you do the Independent ending in New Vegas). Interestingly, my wife doesn't like the Fallout games, but she did like the Fallout series. I think because it injects more hope into the story (and the actors really do a good job in their roles).

By the way, did you ever met someone who had a "vibrant" personality? What was it like? Is it like a person that is instantly liked when she enter a room? Or feel like a spotlight is on them constantly? It shouldn't be a matter of charm, more like, a positive, attractive attitude someone has and that we can feel.

I'm sometimes told that is me. Dunno if accurate, but uh... sure?

32 minutes ago, Digodragon said:

The Fallout games are a mix of depressing and absurd dark humor, so I can see it turn away some folks. I usually tell them to try Skytim instead as it's less depressing. XD

Personally I enjoy the games and I find some hope in the depressing themes that things can get better (like if you do the Independent ending in New Vegas). Interestingly, my wife doesn't like the Fallout games, but she did like the Fallout series. I think because it injects more hope into the story (and the actors really do a good job in their roles).

I'm sometimes told that is me. Dunno if accurate, but uh... sure?

Huh... Might watch the Fallout serie I guess then. I like dark humor but Im not a fan of absurd humor. I could still give it a shot though.

I would love to meet you then. I am mostly asking to seartch how to describe such person in writing. Im a fanfic writer and discovered the meaning of "vibrant". I would have love to know how such person are in real life lol

Exuastion is in your character sheet.

You have four of those

Depletion- is a general representation for "stuff"

in d&d usually you need to track how many torches and meters of rope you have.

Here- if it isnt a major item, we assume you have what you need, so if you need for example a rope, you just mark depletion .

For this situation, it meana handing over what wver that would help the doctor.

10 hours ago, Emmerlaus said:

Huh... Might watch the Fallout series I guess then. I like dark humor but I'm not a fan of absurd humor. I could still give it a shot though.

The series is really good. I think they put in a lot of effort to make it interesting and dramatic and fun.

I think of vibrant as someone who has an extrovert personality with plenty of social energy.

5 hours ago, Digodragon said:

The series is really good. I think they put in a lot of effort to make it interesting and dramatic and fun.

I think of vibrant as someone who has an extrovert personality with plenty of social energy.

Oooh... So Pinkie Pie was a good description of someone "vibrant". I'll add it's also someone who makes you feel welcome or like you were their best friend, if it's accurate. My aunt was like that but maybe not the most extrovert or energetic.

Maybe I'll have time today to watch an episode or two. I'll consider it.

So Pinkie Pie was a good description of someone "vibrant".

Yeah, Pinkie is a good example. Maybe a bit cartoonishly energetic, but she is a cartoon so... :D